Daily Bible Verse: James 4:10
‘Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up in honour.’
- The Lord wants to come and lift you up.
- Just like a father picks up his child, so the Lord will come and pick you up.
- No matter what you are facing or going through, He can lift you out of it.
- Humbly place yourself in His hands and wait and see what He will do.
Prayer: Lord, I humble myself right now under Your mighty hand. Step into my life and circumstances and lift me up, just as You have said You will do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 6:18
‘I will be a Father to you, and you will be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.’
- Your Heavenly Father loves and cares for you.
- He calls you His sons and daughters, and think about it, you really are.
- You have an Almighty Father for Whom nothing is too difficult.
- Remain in His love, and enjoy the fact that You are His child and He cares for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my Father and I am Your child. Be a Father to me I pray, and help me, in the journey of life, to do what pleases and honours You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 8:14
‘For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.’
- You don’t have to do it on your own, the Lord wants to lead you.
- Our lives as Christians imply that we have a relationship with the Lord.
- So much flows out of our relationship with Him.
- Let Him lead you and let Him show you the path that you must take.
Prayer: Lord, You are my Good Shepherd. Just as a shepherd cares and leads his sheep to green pastures, so by Your Holy Spirit, You want to come and lead me. Take me by the hand and lead me in Your paths and plans for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 4:6
But HE gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: ‘God opposes the proud but shows favour to the humble.’
- Today is another day in which His grace and mercy is available to you.
- He wants to come and give more grace to you right now.
- The Lord loves the humble and leans towards them with favour.
- As you humble yourself before Him, He will step in and make your path straight.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for this new day, a day in which I can experience more of Your grace and favour. I place my life and my future into Your hands, with the knowledge that You intend to show me Your favour. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 4:2
‘You do not have because you do not ask God.’
- The Lord has so much in store for each one of us.
- Sometimes we end up striving for things He wants to give us.
- Our attitude should be one of dependence on Him.
- At the same time we can have the boldness to speak up and ask Him.
Prayer: Lord, today I lay before You all my requests and petitions. I bring them to Your Throne of Grace, knowing that You care for me and knowing that with You, all things are possible. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 1:8
‘You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be My witnesses to the ends of the earth."
- The Lord does not want us to operate in our own strength.
- He wants His strength to be a reality in our daily lives.
- Receive His power in your life right now, and don’t strive in your own strength.
- His power comes and changes us, and that affect all those we come in contact with.
Prayer: Lord, It is my heart’s desire to be used by You. I receive the empowerment of Your Holy Spirit in my life today. May my life be a testimony to Your mighty working power being at work within me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 4:33
‘The apostles testified powerfully to the resurrection of the Lord, and God's great blessing was upon them all.’
- He is risen, and we have reason to celebrate and rejoice.
- The resurrection power of our Lord and Saviour changes our lives.
- If we will embrace this reality, we will see His power at work within us.
- When this happens, we step into another dimension – the realm of His blessing.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that Your resurrection life will flow through me from today like never before, and may I experience and enjoy Your great blessing and favour on my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 5:6
‘When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.’
- The Good News is that the Lord comes in our helplessness and gives us hope.
- He knows when the time is ‘just right’ and He steps in to turn things around.
- As we remember His death and what He did for us on the cross, we celebrate hope.
- No matter how ‘utterly helpless’ our situation may be, He is our help and answer.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for coming into the world to die and to give Your life as a sacrifice for me. I recognised that You are all I need and remember the price that was paid with thankfulness. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 19:15
But they shouted, ‘Take him away! Take him away! Crucify him!
- The saddest day in history was the day humanity rejected her Saviour.
- It was a choice they made, and they missed the greatest gift.
- Let us not miss the greatest gift that was given to us.
- Let us remember what Christ did for us and celebrate that we have a Saviour.
Prayer: Lord, we don’t want to be like men of old who rejected You, the greatest gift given to humankind. We open up our hearts and we receive You afresh into our lives. We say: ‘come in, come in, into our hearts and into our lives. Amen.