Daily Bible Verse: Titus 3:4-5
‘But when the kindness and love of God our Saviour appeared, He saved us…’
- When we celebrate Christmas, we remember the kindness and love of God.
- All those years ago, the kindness and love of God appeared and changed the world.
- His kindness and love is available to you, and it has the power to change your life.
- Embrace His love and kindness in your life and let His light shine through you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great kindness and love that appeared to humanity all those years ago. I pray that this same kindness and love will come and flood my heart, so that I will truly grasp what Christmas is all about. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 2:16
‘So they (the shepherds) hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger.’
- The shepherds made it their priority to find the Lord and see Him for themselves.
- We should do likewise and make it our priority to find the One we need.
- He will be found by those who will seek for Him and seek with all their hearts.
- Having found Him, we will never be the same, and we will be changed forever.
Prayer: Lord, at this wonderful time of the year, I choose to make You my priority. May I not be consumed by all the materialism, but may the real reason for the season be real to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 2:14
‘Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom His favour rests.’
- Do you actually realise that His favour rests on you?
- Can you picture, with the eyes of your heart, His favour resting on You?
- He wants to reveal more of Himself, and all He has in store, to you.
- So give Him the glory He deserves and expect His best and His blessing in your life.
Prayer: Lord, I will give praise! All of my days I will give You praise and glory, for You are great and You place Your hand of favour and blessing on my life. You have been so good to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 2:10
But the angel said to them, ‘Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.’
- There is Good News in store for each and every one of us.
- The Good News is that God has not forgotten or abandoned us.
- He has a plan, just as He did all those years ago when He sent His Son.
- His plan is that we would know His joy in our hearts and lives as a daily reality.
Prayer: Lord, what a joy it is to know that You are the source of the ‘Good News’ we long to hear and see. Open our eyes so that we can ‘see’ Your goodness, kindness and love for us. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Galatians 4:4
‘But when the right time came, God sent His Son…’
- Since the dawn of time, the Lord has had a plan for our futures.
- He is the only one who knows exactly what we need and when we need it.
- It is never too late or too early, His timing is always impeccable.
- This is the right time for you, and His precious Son is here for you!
Prayer: Lord, Thank You for sending Your Son into this world as Lord and Saviour. I surrender my life to You and I receive the greatest gift of all, Your Son. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 1:14
‘So the Word became human (flesh) and made His home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness.’
- The Lord wants to come and make His home in your heart.
- Your heart is the perfect shape and space for the Creator of the universe.
- He stands at the door of our hearts and calls to us to invite Him in.
- He will come and fill your heart with His unfailing love and faithfulness.
Prayer: Lord, I give You my heart today. I open the door and I receive all that You have for me. Make Yourself at home with me and in me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 13:6
‘I will sing the LORD's praise, for He has been good to me.’
- Some days we don’t seem to be able to make sense of all we go through.\
- But no matter what we face we can trust in His unfailing love.
- In the end, you will look back and be able to say: ‘He has been good to me!’
- Give Him your praise, all of your days, because He has been good to you.
Prayer: Lord, I will trust in Your goodness towards me. I know it is Your character and plan to show me Your goodness in this life, and I look forward to it with confidence. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 13:5
‘But I trust in Your unfailing love. I will rejoice because You have rescued me.’
- Trusting with our whole hearts is what the Lord requires of us.
- We can trust in Him regardless of how the odds are stacked against us.
- We can trust because we know that He loves us with an unfailing love.
- We can rejoice because He will not abandon us, but He will rescue us!
Prayer: Lord, Thank You for your great love for me. Thank You that Your love will never fail me. You will be my strength and bring me through to celebrate Your goodness in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 32:7
‘You are MY hiding place.’
- We all need that place where we can be near to the heart of God.
- The Lord offers us Himself as a hiding place.
- He is where we can find our security and refuge.
- The ‘hiding place’ is actually a person, and He is our Lord and Saviour.
Prayer: Lord, You are my hiding place. Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. I declare that I am strong in the strength of my Lord, for You are my refuge, strength and security. Amen.