Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 31:8
‘The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.’
- You do not need to afraid or discouraged because the Lord is with you.
- In fact, He goes before you to lead and direct you, and to show you the way.
- The on-going presence of the Lord is with you, today and the future.
- Nothing that comes your way, will you ever need to face alone.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me. I am not alone, for Your presence goes with me. I reject all fear and discouragement and I choose courage and hope, because I know You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 4:21
‘Abraham was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever He promises.’
- Being fully persuaded in a time of doubt and fear, is a blessing.
- Knowing in your heart that God is able, strengthens your resolve.
- Remember, there is nothing too difficult for the Lord.
- Trust in His promises and hold on to His word – He is able!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can have total confidence in You. I choose to be fully convinced and persuaded of Your ability and power to bring about Your plans and purposes in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 4:20b
‘Abraham was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God.’
- Your faith has the potential to grow and get stronger.
- As we shift our focus off the problems and on to God, faith is strengthened.
- When our faith is strong, no difficulties will discourage us.
- So, be strengthened in your faith today, let it grow as you believe.
Prayer: Lord, may I be like Abraham whose faith was strengthened and grew stronger as he trusted you. May my faith and confidence in You grow from strength to strength. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 4:20a
‘Abraham did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God.’
- Holding on to God’s word during difficult times, is the best thing to do.
- When doubt and unbelief takes root, our foundations are undermined.
- Shaky foundations, lead to insecurity in every area of our lives.
- Do not let your confidence in God be shaken, do not waver, stand and believe.
Prayer: Lord, help me to stand firm as I trust You to see me through. I reject doubt and unbelief in my life and in my heart. I choose to believe You and Your promises to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 4:19
‘Abraham’s faith did not weaken…’
- Abraham’s faith, belief, trust, and confidence in the Lord did not grow weak.
- Circumstances can wear us down, but they can also inspire our faith to grow.
- The more impossible things may seem, the greater the miracle will be.
- Keep your chin up, and do not allow anything to erode your faith.
Prayer: Lord, today I realise that through it all, I am learning to trust You more. I am learning to trust and depend on You, and Your word. I declare that my faith in You is strong, and it will not be weakened, but it will grow stronger. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 4:18
‘Abraham believed and hoped, even when there was no reason for hoping.’
- Our walk of faith means we believe and hope regardless of how things look.
- Hope, in the face of impossibility, is God’s speciality.
- This confident expectation, of His faithfulness, is what faith is all about.
- Regardless of what you hear, see or think, believe and have hope in His goodness.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can trust You in spite of what I may see with my eyes, hear with my ears, or think in my mind. I can have faith, like Abraham, and I can believe in You and have my hope and confidence in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 4:12
‘…walk in the footsteps of the faith…’
- We are walking a road, at this time, and it is a walk of faith.
- We have to trust God for each day, and for the future.
- Like a child who wants to step in his father’s footsteps, we should do the same.
- So, walk the path of faith and not in the path of doubt and fear.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for today. Just as many heroes of the faith walked the path of faith, so I too want to follow their example, and walk in the footsteps of faith. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 15:24
‘So they began to celebrate.’
- For too long we have looked ahead with dread and despair.
- We need to start looking forward with hope, expectation and faith.
- Circumstances do not have to look perfect before we start rejoicing.
- Do not be discouraged, whatever happens, God will take care of you.
Prayer: Lord, today I realise that because You are with me, I can celebrate. I can be happy, because I have hope in You. Whatever happens, I know that You will take care of me. So, I can celebrate and rejoice. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 15:22
But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.’
- Restoration is part of the Lord’s plans for each of our lives.
- He wants to lift us up and out of the hole, or the pit we find ourselves in.
- He wants to restore us to our rightful place of honour and regard.
- He wants to do it quickly, He wants to do it now, so expect it.
Prayer: Lord, You are the One who wants to lift me out of the miry clay and place my feet on a rock. Your plan is to restore and reinstate me to the position that You had in mind for me. I am ready Lord, restore me, I pray. Amen.