Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 3:7b
‘… I am with you as I was with Moses.’
- Sometimes we can desire that God would be with us like He was with men of old.
- The truth is that just as He was with men of old, so He is with us today.
- He is with you right now and He will carry you.
- You can be at peace and live with confidence because He is with you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that just as You sustained and carried the people in the Bible, so You will do the same for me. Right now I recognise that You are with me and I have nothing to fear. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:2
‘The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer.’
- The Lord is your Rock – the firm place on which you can stand.
- The Lord is your Fortress – the safe place where you can feel secure.
- The Lord is your Deliverer – the one who rescues you from trouble.
- He is all you need. Find your strength and security in Him.
Prayer: Lord, You are my rock, You are my fortress and You are my deliverer. I will trust and not be afraid. I will abide in Your peace and not be impatient. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 30:6
‘David was greatly distressed… But He found strength in the LORD his God.’
- Distressing and desperate situations can cause great stress and anxiety.
- David’s life was at risk and everything seemed to be going the wrong way.
- In all of this, He turned to the Lord His God and found his strength there.
- Regardless how distressing things may seem, look to the Lord, He will enable you.
Prayer: Lord, in my distress, and in my frustration, I look to You, my Lord. I will find the strength I need in You, because You are in control of all things! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 10:24
‘Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.’
- Every human being needs encouragement in some form or another.
- Those who are a bit stronger can encourage those who feel weak.
- We can all play a role and think of ways to motivate and encourage others.
- When we do our part, others will be strengthened and do their part.
Prayer: Lord, help me to be an instrument in Your hands to encourage and lift up others who are struggling. May the hope that live in me bring hope to others in the process. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 10:23
‘Let us hold resolutely to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful.’
- We must cling tightly to the hope that lives within us.
- We can also have the confidence that God keeps His promises.
- So let us hold tightly, without wavering, to the hope we have in the Lord.
- The Lord is faithful, and He will do what He has said He will do.
Prayer: Lord, I take hold of my hope in You, my Lord, and I trust, rely on and remain confident in Your faithfulness and Your promises. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 10:13
‘The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.’
- We all face challenges and hurdles along the path we call life.
- No one is exempt and each person’s battle is unique and challenging to them.
- BUT the Lord is always faithful, and He will always be with us in the storm.
- HE is the one Who will make sure that we will stand and pass the test.
Prayer: Lord, I rejoice in Your faithfulness towards me. Thank You that in my unique challenges, You remain the pillar of strength and the fortress of hope, in which I can stand secure. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:33
‘He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights.’
- There are some ‘mountain heights’ that the Lord has prepared for you.
- There are still things He has planned for you to do and places you will go.
- Don’t give up and don’t let discouragement take root in your heart.
- He will lead your steps and you will be surefooted as you step towards the goal.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the great things that still lie ahead for me and for my family. Help us not to stumble and fall, but help us to remain confident and surefooted as You lead us to take new ground. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:32
‘It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.’
- What an awesome thought that we can be armed with strength from God.
- This means that He gives us the strength we need to do what needs to be done.
- At the same time He undertakes to keep, sustain and carry us.
- With the Lord in your life, your way and your path, is secure.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will come and arm me with strength for today and for the things that I am facing. Help me, sustain me and keep me as I walk the path You have laid out before me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 41:10b
‘I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand.’
- Your Heavenly Father loves and cares for you.
- He says: ‘Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you!’
- He speaks life, hope and strength into every area of your life.
- He says you should not be discouraged or intimidated, because He is there.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are here with me right now. You remind me of Your strength that is available to me. I take hold of the strength and the help that You offer, and I stand secure in Your hands. Amen.