Daily Bible Verse: Job 22:23
‘If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored.’
- In life we can often go our own way and do our own thing.
- But oh the joy we can know when we turn from our own ways and return to the Lord.
- His arms are always wide open, ready to receive us again.
- In the moments when we return, we discover the blessing of restoration.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to follow You and Your ways. Forgive me for thinking that I can make it on my own. I return today, to the safety and love of Your arms of acceptance and restoration. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 15:13
‘In Your lovingkindness You have led the people whom You have redeemed; In Your strength You have guided them to Your holy habitation.’
- There are two great things that the Lord wants to do for you.
- The Lord wants to come and lead and guide you.
- It is part of His great love for each one of us that He comes to be with us.
- Don’t go it alone, receive His love and strength and His abiding presence.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the loving way in which You step into our lives to lead us. Thank You for the strength You provide as You guide us along the way. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 78:35
‘And they remembered that God was their Rock, And the Most High God their Redeemer.’
- Sometimes we have to pause and remind ourselves about what is the truth.
- The truth is that the Lord is your Rock.
- When everything looks like sinking sand, we have a Rock on which to stand.
- Stand on Christ, He is your solid Rock and He will not be moved.
Prayer: Lord, I take this moment and pause to remember and remind myself that You are my Rock and Redeemer. I lift up my eyes and I turn my gaze towards You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Job 19:25
‘I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end He will stand on the earth.’
- We should believe like Job with radical conviction and persuasion.
- There is no time or reason to doubt, there is only time to believe and trust.
- Let this fact be settled in your heart – your Redeemer lives!
- And because He lives, you can face tomorrow and all fear is gone.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that I know that MY Redeemer lives. Beyond every challenge and concern is this foundation on which I can rest secure. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Job 17:9
‘The righteous keep moving forward, and those with clean hands become stronger and stronger.’
- As children of God we don’t give up, we keep pressing on and moving forward.
- When the life of God enters our hearts it takes root deep within us.
- This allows us to trust and believe God for each and every day.
- You can keep moving forward because the Lord is right beside you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You hold my life in Your hands. I can press on with confidence and hope, knowing that You will lead me every step of the way. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 61:4
‘Let me dwell in Your tent forever! Let me take refuge under the shelter of Your wings!’
- What a joy to know that we can enjoy God’s presence in perpetuity.
- We can know His presence here and now and throughout all eternity.
- We can also take refuge under the shelter of His wings.
- No matter what the storms of life may bring, we have a refuge and a shelter in HIM.
Prayer: Lord, how I long for more of Your presence in my daily life. I choose to live under the shelter of Your wings where I know I will be safe and secure. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 23:6
‘Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.’
- God’s goodness and mercy are part of His plan for your life.
- His goodness and mercy will be part of your life for the length of your days.
- In the end we get to see Him face to face and spend eternity with Him.
- Expect His goodness and mercy to follow you today and every day.
Prayer: Lord, thank you for the wonderful promises that You have given me. I receive your goodness, mercy and unfailing love in my life today. May I know Your presence in my life today and forever. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Esther 4:14
‘…and who knows whether you are come to the kingdom for such a time as this?’
- The Lord has a specific plan and purpose for your life.
- You are here at this time and there is something significant about that.
- Who knows why you are facing what you are facing, but God, Who is in control.
- As we follow Him and follow His leading, He will use us.
Prayer: Lord, may my life have purpose and value in Your hands. I surrender myself to You and ask that You would cause my life to have purpose and meaning. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Nehemiah 8:10
‘…the joy of the LORD is your strength!’
- Ultimately our strength comes from the Lord Himself.
- A sad and heavy heart drags us down and exhausts us.
- A heart that is filled with joy gives us strength and energy.
- Let His joy come and flood your heart and soul right now.
Prayer: Lord, I don’t want to live in my own strength. I want to live in the strength that comes from You. Fill me with Your joy now as I trust and place my expectations in You. Amen.