Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 1:7
‘God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.’
- Fear does not come from the Lord.
- Fear is something the enemy uses to ruin and control our lives.
- The Lord gives us power, love and a sound mind.
- Don’t settle for anything less than God’s best for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can live my life enabled by Your power, guided by Your love and operating in the sound mind that You have promised me. I resist all fear and anxiety and I choose to live in dependence on You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 14:27
‘Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled; do not be afraid.’
- The Lord wants us to enjoy a gift – peace of mind and heart.
- It is a gift that He freely gives and a gift we can freely receive.
- The world’s peace is empty, but His peace passes all understanding.
- His peace is our sure foundation and therefore we do not need to fear.
Prayer: Lord, I receive Your gift of peace into my heart and mind today. I choose Your peace over my wisdom, thoughts and fears. Fill me with You peace so that I can enjoy a life without fear. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 14:1
‘Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God;believe also in Me.’
- Living with troubled hearts can be a debilitating thing.
- It robs us of the joy of life and our confidence in God.
- Our Saviour tells us not to allow this condition to develop in our lives.
- We can trust the Lord with every care, worry and concern.
Prayer: Lord, I give You those things that concern and trouble my heart. I want to enjoy the freedom of knowing that I can trust You with every detail of life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:6
‘Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your specific requests known to God.’
- In everything that life may bring across our paths, the Lord is ready to help us.
- There is no situation or circumstance that is beyond His help.
- Worry, anxiety and fear undermine our faith and confidence.
- Keep on bringing your requests to the Lord and see what He will do.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me in every situation I face. Nothing is too difficult for You and You will help me, so I do not need to be anxious or fearful. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 16:13
‘Be on the alert. Stand firm in the faith. Be men (women) of courage. Be strong.’
- We must stay alert, be on our guard and keep watching.
- The enemy seeks to devour and destroy.
- The Lord wants to bring us His life and peace.
- So stand firm, be courageous, stay strong and He will be your life and peace.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to stand firm in my faith in You. I will be courageous and strong as I believe and hold onto the hope I have in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 61:2
‘From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.’
- When our hearts are overwhelmed, we have someone to turn to.
- When we feel deserted and alone, we have someone we can call on.
- We have a God who listens to and hears our every prayer.
- HE will bring us through the storm and place our feet on solid ground.
Prayer: Lord, I call to You today. You are my hope and my salvation. Lead me through my situation and place my feet upon the rock. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:2
‘The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge!’
- The Lord is your ‘secure place’, your stronghold and your deliverer.
- He is your rock in whom you can trust.
- In a world that is unstable and insecure, we need Him more than ever.
- Take refuge in Him and place your trust and confidence in Him!
Prayer: Lord, You truly are my ‘safe place’. What a joy it is to run into Your arms, knowing that it is there that I can be secure and safe. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 33:21
Then the LORD said, ‘There is a place near Me where you may stand on a rock.’
- There is a place, close to the heart of God, which is especially for you.
- The Lord wants to reveal something of His character to you.
- When He is near you can stand secure.
- When you know that He is with you, you do not need to fear or despair.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me. I choose to draw near to You so that I can know the closeness and joy of Your presence in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 15:13
‘May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!’
- Hope, joy and peace are the foundations as we trust for the future.
- Our trusting in the Lord needs to be accompanied by joy and peace.
- As we trust in the Lord we can, in fact, overflow with hope.
- May His Spirit come and touch your life and may you know His hope, joy and peace.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can place my trust in You. As I walk this road of trust, I pray that You will come and fill me with hope, joy and abundant peace. Amen.