Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 13:13
‘And now these threeremain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love.’
- Sometimes we can lose perspective about what really is important.
- Often the urgent things demand more of our attention than the important things.
- Our faith, our hope and our love need to remain the cornerstone of our lives.
- But our greatest purpose is to display and reflect His love to those around us!
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will fill me with faith, restore my hope and may my life be a channel for Your love to pass through and to touch the lives of others. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Timothy 1:14
‘Oh, how generous and gracious our Lord was! He filled me with the faith and love that come from Christ.’
- The Lord is a good, good Father, who wants to fill us with good things.
- Right now He is leaning towards you with favour.
- He is generous and gracious in His love towards you.
- Let Him fill you with the faith and love that can only come from Him!
Prayer: Lord, You truly are my loving Heavenly Father. Your kindness towards me overwhelms my heart. Fill me now, I pray, with Your faith and love so that I can operate in Your power and grace. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 20:27
Then HE said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here; see My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.’
- Doubt and unbelief rob us of so much of what the Lord has in store for us.
- The Lord wants us to be ‘faith-filled’ and not faithless.
- We should constantly be filled with hope and expectation in God.
- Let go of your doubts and fears and choose to have faith and believe.
Prayer: Lord, I choose faith over doubt, hope over despair and confident expectation over discouragement. I will doubt my doubts and I will believe in You and all You have promised and said. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 20:22
He breathed on them and said, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit.’
- Your Heavenly Father wants to come and breathe new life into you.
- When God created man He breathed the breath of life into him.
- When His Son came He also came to breathe new life into humanity.
- This life came in the form of His Holy Spirit, living and dwelling within.
Prayer: Lord, I receive the breath that You breathe over me today. I want all that You have prepared and destined for me to enjoy and experience. Let Your life flow through my life! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 10:15
‘…for the turn of events was from God…’
- We need to constantly remind ourselves that God always has the final say.
- Sometimes the turn of events may seem to be contrary to what we had hoped for.
- If things did not work out as we had planned, it does not mean God was not involved.
- We should trust that the hand of the Lord is in every ‘turn of events’.
Prayer: Lord, I recognize that You are far more involved in my life than I actually comprehend. You control the turn of events in my life and You promise to work all things out for my good. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 1:12
‘But as many as received Him, to them gave Hepower to become the children of God, even to them that believe on His name.’
- When we believe and place our trust in Him, things change.
- In the process, He gives us the right, privilege and power to be His children.
- If you have believed and received Him, then you are His child.
- Remember, your situation or circumstances does not change this wonderful fact.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I am Your child. I receive You and I believe in You afresh today. May the reality of my ‘sonship’ be a living reality in my heart and life! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 2:6
‘So then, just as you received Christ as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him!’
- Our faith involves an ongoing relationship with our Lord and Saviour.
- The Lord wants us to live our lives in Him.
- He wants us to continue living a lifestyle that honours Him.
- He wants us to live lives of dependence, trust and in vital union with Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the wonderful relationship You offer me. I don’t want to live like a ‘lone ranger’ or a ‘loner’, but I want to live, walk and enjoy my life in vital union with You! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 6:16
This is what the LORD says: ‘Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.’
- We often reach the point where we are at a crossroad in our lives.
- These ‘crossroad’ moments are critical times when we need God’s guidance.
- In times of decision, He does not abandon us, but He steps up to help us.
- We must just pause, ask, wait and obey and He will direct us and give us rest.
Prayer: Lord, as I stand at this point in my life, I choose to seek Your help, leading and guidance, so that I can discover the rest You have for my soul. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 6:27
‘Teach them the good way in which they should walk.’
- Do you realize that the Lord has a ‘good way’ for you to walk in?
- It does not mean that everything will always go smoothly.
- But it does mean that He knows where He is taking us.
- Our hearts should be ready to learn from the path He takes us along.
Prayer: Lord, I realize that You know what is best for me. I choose to be taught by You as You lead and guide me to the places that You have prepared for me. Amen.