Daily Bible Verse: John 18:36
Jesus said, ‘My kingdom is not of this world.’
- Sometimes we have to remember that we belong to another dimension.
- This world is not our home, we are only passing through.
- This temporary earthly life is nothing compared to the eternal life to come.
- So don’t allow the things of life to overwhelm you, keep an eternal perspective.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can look to You and the eternal dimension that awaits me, as Your child. May the things of this world grow strangely dim, in the light of Your glory and grace. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 15:13
‘May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the Power of the Holy Spirit.’
- There is something so wonderful about simply trusting God.
- As we trust in Him, we are declaring that He is willing and able to help us.
- As we continue to trust in Him, our lives can be filled with joy and peace.
- As trusting in Him becomes our lifestyle, we can overflow with hope.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can place my trust and confidence in You, with child-like faith and expectation. Fill me with joy and peace, as I trust in You and may my life overflow with hope. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 15:4
‘Abide in Me, and I will abide in you.’
- The unity between us and the Lord is vitally important.
- Nothing must ever be allowed to upset this great connection.
- Our lives should be lived because we know the Lord lives.
- His life should flow through us, bringing us new life and hope.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to stay connected to You. I hold onto You, knowing that You are holding me. May Your life flow in and through me, as I abide in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 6:34
‘Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of its own.’
- Living in the here and now, is a secret to success in life.
- When we bring tomorrow’s worries into today, it robs us of our joy and strength.
- Don’t waste today, use it to do what needs to be done.
- Tomorrow will take care of itself and God will give you the strength you need.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for being overly anxious and concerned about tomorrow. Thank You for this beautiful day that You have given me, may I use it to achieve what You intended me to achieve. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 3:6
‘In ALL your ways acknowledge Him, and He WILL make straight your paths.’
- In everything we do, we should put God first.
- Every aspect of our lives should be guided by Him.
- When we put Him first, He Himself comes to make our paths straight.
- He is ready to level your paths and remove the obstacles in your way.
Prayer: Lord, today I give You the place of priority in my daily life. I choose to submit myself to You and I ask that You would step into my life and make my paths straight. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:6
‘Don’t worry (be anxious) about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.’
- When we are self-dependent, we have to be concerned about everything.
- When we are relying on God, we do not need to be anxious and worried.
- Sometimes we need to look back and remind ourselves of how faithful God has been.
- Then we can look forward with the expectation that He will still be faithful.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to trust and to place my cares and concerns in Your capable hands. Thank You for all that You have done for me, I look forward to Your faithfulness, now, and in the future. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 14:27
‘Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled; do not be afraid.’
- To be unsettled, rattled, and disturbed is not God’s plan for you.
- He comes to bring, and give you His peace.
- He reassures you that He offers you more than the world can ever give you.
- So let go of your troubled heart and do not be fearful.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your gift of peace. Thank You that I can exchange my troubled heart and my fear for Your peace and comfort. You know all things, and therefore I do not need to be anxious and fearful, because You are with me, and Your peace drives away my fear. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 31:3
‘I have loved you with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to Myself.’
- The love of God towards you is greater than you could ever imagine.
- His love reaches to the greatest and the lowest places we find ourselves in.
- God’s love for you endures and it stands the test of time.
- You are loved by Him and His unfailing love will carry and sustain you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great love towards me. May I never doubt Your endless, pure, and faithful love for me. May my heart be reassured and rest secure in Your boundless and limitless love for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 11:41
Then Jesus looked up and said, ‘Father, I thank You that You have heard me.’
- When we call upon the Lord, we can know that He hears our cry.
- Our Saviour had complete confidence in His Father.
- You can have complete confidence in your Heavenly Father.
- You too can say: ‘Father, I thank You that You have heard me.’
Prayer: Lord, I look to You and I thank You that You have heard my cry. You will direct my step and You will guide me, You will lead me, and You will take me by my hand. Amen.