Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 28:7
‘The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him.’
- We need to get to that point where we live in total dependence on God.
- He must be the strength of our hearts, and of our lives.
- We need to determine that our hearts will trust in Him.
- He will help you, and you have good reason to leap for joy and rejoice.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that You are my strength, You are my shield and my defence. My heart and my mind trusts in You and I am fully persuaded that You will help me. Therefore, I can be glad and celebrate. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 31:21
‘Praise be to the LORD, for He showed me the wonders of His love when I was in a city under siege.’
- Living through this pandemic has felt like living under siege.
- But even when we live through difficult times, we can experience His love.
- In fact, He wants us to enjoy the wonders of His love during such times.
- During these challenging times, receive and enjoy His love afresh.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that even when I feel like ‘a city under siege’, You are ready to demonstrate and show me Your love, first-hand. Show me the wonders of Your love for me, I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 28:6
‘Praise the LORD! For He has heard my cry for mercy.’
- How great it is to know that the Lord hears us when we cry out to Him.
- Let there be a burst of thankfulness in your heart as you remember this.
- As you pray and call out to God, have a confident assurance.
- He hears us when we call, and He is willing and able to help us.
Prayer: Lord, I rejoice in Your goodness and kindness to me. I believe that You hear me when I call, and You have heard my prayers. I will rejoice and look forward to Your intervention in my situation! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 43:1
‘Don't be afraid, for I will protect you. I call you by name, you are Mine.’
- The Lord wants to remind you of His promise of protection and deliverance.
- He wants to comfort and console you with the hope of His intervention.
- He has made you, He has saved you and He has called you by name.
- You belong to Him, and He will take care of you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You have called me by name. You know the intricate details of my life and situation, and You care for me. I will not fear, but I will hold onto Your promises with hope and determination. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 31:8
‘The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.’
- You do not need to afraid or discouraged because the Lord is with you.
- In fact, He goes before you to lead and direct you, and to show you the way.
- The on-going presence of the Lord is with you, today and the future.
- Nothing that comes your way, will you ever need to face alone.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me. I am not alone, for Your presence goes with me. I reject all fear and discouragement and I choose courage and hope, because I know You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 4:21
‘Abraham was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever He promises.’
- Being fully persuaded in a time of doubt and fear, is a blessing.
- Knowing in your heart that God is able, strengthens your resolve.
- Remember, there is nothing too difficult for the Lord.
- Trust in His promises and hold on to His word – He is able!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can have total confidence in You. I choose to be fully convinced and persuaded of Your ability and power to bring about Your plans and purposes in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 4:20b
‘Abraham was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God.’
- Your faith has the potential to grow and get stronger.
- As we shift our focus off the problems and on to God, faith is strengthened.
- When our faith is strong, no difficulties will discourage us.
- So, be strengthened in your faith today, let it grow as you believe.
Prayer: Lord, may I be like Abraham whose faith was strengthened and grew stronger as he trusted you. May my faith and confidence in You grow from strength to strength. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 4:20a
‘Abraham did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God.’
- Holding on to God’s word during difficult times, is the best thing to do.
- When doubt and unbelief takes root, our foundations are undermined.
- Shaky foundations, lead to insecurity in every area of our lives.
- Do not let your confidence in God be shaken, do not waver, stand and believe.
Prayer: Lord, help me to stand firm as I trust You to see me through. I reject doubt and unbelief in my life and in my heart. I choose to believe You and Your promises to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 4:19
‘Abraham’s faith did not weaken…’
- Abraham’s faith, belief, trust, and confidence in the Lord did not grow weak.
- Circumstances can wear us down, but they can also inspire our faith to grow.
- The more impossible things may seem, the greater the miracle will be.
- Keep your chin up, and do not allow anything to erode your faith.
Prayer: Lord, today I realise that through it all, I am learning to trust You more. I am learning to trust and depend on You, and Your word. I declare that my faith in You is strong, and it will not be weakened, but it will grow stronger. Amen.