Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 102:17
‘He will turn His attention (respond & listen) to the prayers of those who have been abandoned (forsaken & destitute). He will not despise their prayers.’
- Our prayers and cries to the Lord for help are things He takes seriously.
- When we feel desperate, despairing and hopeless, He is there to hear our call.
- Today, He will turn His attention to your prayer and hear you.
- So call on Him, He is ready and able to respond to your faith in Him.
Prayer: Lord, I call on You today. You know the condition of my heart and the issues that concern and worry me. In this moment, I bring all these things to You, knowing that You hear and care for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 6:37
‘…and whoever comes to Me I will never drive away!’
- The Lord will NEVER drive you away or reject you.
- His arms are always wide open, ready to receive and embrace you.
- All we need to do is respond to the invitation and come to Him.
- Remember, no one will ever be able to snatch you out of His hand.
Prayer: Lord, I come to You today because I need You in my life. Thank You that I can know the reassurance of Your warm embrace and I can know that I am safe in Your hands. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 6:31
‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’
- The Bible tells that we are not supposed to live on physical bread alone.
- There is something of the divine and the eternal that needs to be part of our lives.
- We are told that the Lord is the ‘bread of life’ and we need Him in our lives.
- Our Heavenly Father offers the true bread that comes from heaven.
Prayer: Lord, I don’t want to be someone who lives only in the physical dimension. I want to know the reality of You in my life. May You, the ‘bread of life’ give me what my soul so longs for. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 16:4
The LORD said to Moses, ‘Behold, I am about to rain bread from heaven for you, and the people shall go out and gather a day’s portion every day…’
- The Lord has good things in store for you.
- He wants to come and rain down His blessing and kindness on your life.
- The secret is to live one day at a time and to use the portion He gives you for that day.
- The Lord promises to supply our needs and the strength we need, day by day.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can trust You each and every day. Help me to make the best use of the opportunities that come my way each day. Strengthen me as I go out and do the work that You have given me to do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 15:25
'Moses cried to the LORD, and the LORD showed him a log, and he threw it into the water, and the water became sweet.’
- We should always remind ourselves that nothing is impossible with the Lord.
- He can turn bitter water into sweet water, He can turn water into wine.
- When we bring God into the equation we can expect the impossible to be possible.
- As we do what He tells us to do, however strange it may be, we can expect a miracle.
Prayer: Lord, You are the Mighty God who can shut the mouths of lions and can calm the raging storms. As I cry out to You, show me what You want me to do, and as I obey, may situations and circumstances beyond my control be turned around for Your glory. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 13:14
'With the Power of His Mighty hand, the LORD brought us out…’
- Never under-estimate the Mighty working Power of God in your life.
- His Mighty hand is able to deliver, bring breakthrough and liberate us.
- God’s Mighty hand is able to reach down into our circumstances and situations.
- Don’t doubt the Lord or His ability, but expect and believe and He can bring you out!
Prayer: Lord, may Your Mighty, Powerful hand be evident in my life. May Your Power bring me through and out on the other side with victory and success. May I never forget that it is Your Mighty hand that has done this for me! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 16:7
‘When a man’s ways please the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.’
- We should live our lives in such a way that it is pleasing to the Lord.
- There should be nothing about the way we live our lives that hinders God’s blessing.
- Let us follow the example that Christ has set for us.
- The rewards are so far-reaching that even our enemies will be at peace with us.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to live my life in a way that pleases and honours You. May my walk of faith be blameless and upright in Your sight and may I enjoy the benefits as a result. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 12:36
‘The LORD gave the people such favour in the sight of the Egyptians that they granted their request.’
- The Lord wants to give you His favour on your life.
- The favour and the blessing of God opens doors for us.
- The Lord will even prepare a table for us in the presence of our enemies.
- May you know His favour to such a degree that even your enemies will serve you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your favour and blessing on my life! I choose to walk in this favour and to know that because Your hand is on my life I can expect wonderful things to happen. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 11:2
‘Speak now in the ears of the people, and let every man request of his neighbour, and every woman of her neighbour, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold.’
- When the people of God left Egypt, they did not leave empty-handed.
- The Lord blessed them and they left with the wealth of their oppressors.
- In this way they were compensated for the suffering they had endured.
- The Lord wants to bless you and give you the treasures that He has prepared for you.
Prayer: Lord, no matter what I am going through, I ask that You would cause Your purposes to prevail and bring me out on the other side with the ‘jewels of silver and the jewels of gold’ You have in store for me! Amen.