Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 14:19
‘Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, He spoke a blessing. Then He broke the loaves and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people.’
- In this story, a great miracle was about to take place.
- The Lord did four things: He looked to heaven, He blessed, He broke and He gave.
- This can be the story of our lives, as we take what He gives us, and give it away.
- Before the miracle, He looked to heaven, did the possible, and God did the impossible.
Prayer: Lord, as I trust You for miracles in my life and circumstances, may I always remember to look to You, as the source of my miracle. May I be ready to take what You have given and done for me, and use it to be a blessing to others. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 10:27
‘What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.’
- The Lord can use the dark and difficult seasons of life, to speak to us.
- Our experiences, and what He has taught us, can be a blessing to others.
- When we pass through the valley and the shadows, He has something to tell us.
- But there comes a time when we step into the daylight, and proclaim His faithfulness.
Prayer: Lord, I recognise that You want to use every season of my life to speak to me. May my ears be open and attentive, regardless of the season, so that when the right time comes, I will be willing to speak and proclaim Your goodness. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 9:22
He said to her, ‘Be of good courage, daughter; your faith has made you whole.’ And from that hour the woman was healed.
- The Lord desires that each one of us would be whole and restored.
- We need to believe that this can be a reality in our lives.
- We should also entrust ourselves to the Lord, and His loving care.
- We must believe and have faith that He will do what He has promised.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that I believe and have faith to trust You to heal me, restore me and make me whole and complete, in every aspect of my life. I ask for it, I claim it and I stretch out my hand to touch You, and in the process, receive the breakthrough that I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 3:20
‘Now all glory to God, Who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.’
- The Lord wants to use your life to achieve more than you could have been imagined.
- His mighty power is at work within you.
- His work within us, prepares us for what He has planned and purposed.
- So embrace His working in your life, and be thankful, and give Him glory.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the work that You are doing in my heart and life. I recognise that You are working in my life, even in the circumstances that I am facing, and You are preparing me for the wonderful things You want to do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 23:25
‘You shall serve the LORD your God, and He will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you.’
- When we put God first in our lives, it sets us up for favour and blessing.
- His blessing follows our decision to serve Him with all our hearts.
- The first blessing we can expect, is the blessing of provision.
- The second blessing is that He will come, and remove sickness from us.
Prayer: Lord, You have prepared provision and health for me and my family. I choose You, and I choose to serve, love and worship You. Provide for me, I pray, and remove sickness from my midst. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 14:18
‘I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.’
- The Lord will never abandon or leave you.
- The fear of abandonment can be one of the most distressing fears in life.
- But when it comes to God, we never need to have such fears.
- He will not leave you, no matter what your circumstances may look like.
Prayer: Lord, You are here, right here, right now, with me. You have come to me, and I can hold onto You, and You will hold onto me. You will never leave me, nor will You forsake me, and my future is secure, because You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 23:20
‘See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.’
- The Lord has something specific prepared for each one of us.
- God works on a timetable, and en route to the destination, He will protect you.
- He will guard, direct, and lead you all along the way.
- You are not alone, He has sent an angel before you, so rest assured.
Prayer: Lord, You have a plan and a purpose, as well as a place and a destiny, prepared for me. May I never leave the pathway You have set before me, and may Your very presence bring me to ‘that’ place, that You have prepared for me! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 22:27
‘…for I (the Lord) am compassionate.’
- One thing we can be sure of, is that the Lord is very compassionate.
- In His compassion, He is kind, tender-hearted and merciful.
- The LORD is compassionate, and filled with unfailing love.
- His love has no limit, and His compassion towards you, has no boundary or end.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great love and compassion towards me. I realise today anew, that Your love and great compassion, are reaching out to me, and I take hold of them now. In Your precious Name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 6:38
‘Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.’
- The greatest example of giving was when God gave His Son.
- We were designed, in His image, to be a blessing to others.
- Our lives can be a blessing, or we can hoard what we have been entrusted with.
- Give of yourself, your kindness, and your love, and it will come back to you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can be an instrument of blessing in Your hand. Help me not to step back when You are wanting me to step forward, and be a blessing. May I follow Your example, just as You gave Your Son, to the world. Amen.