Daily Bible Verse: Mark 5:36
‘Stop being afraid! Just keep on believing.’
- It is easy to trust the Lord in the brightness of the daytime of our lives.
- But to trust Him in the darkness, or in the night season, calls for faith.
- When hope is lost, and the end seems inevitable, He tells us to believe.
- Fear and faith cannot walk together, so do not be afraid – believe.
Prayer: Lord, in the midst of the challenges, I know that You are with me. I choose faith over doubt, and I choose to believe, and not to entertain fear and dread. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 16:13
‘Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.’
- Perseverance is part of our walk of faith.
- Giving up and throwing in the towel, is not the solution.
- We are encouraged to be alert, to stand firm, and to be strong and courageous.
- Do not allow discouragement, despair, or doubt, to rob you of your hope.
Prayer: Lord, thank You, that with Your strength, and enabling power in my life, I can overcome every obstacle, I can trust You with confidence, and I can step forward by faith. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 6:68
Simon Peter answered Him, ‘Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.’
- In the end of the day, there is only One to Whom we can turn.
- Only the Lord holds the answers, and the future, in His hands.
- All else, is speculation and human opinion.
- Do not look to anything else, look to the One Who has the words of eternal life.
Prayer: Lord, to whom shall I go? You are all I need, and You are the One Who knows all things, carries all things, and understands my heart and my desires. I look to You, and to You alone! I recognise that I am completely dependent on You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 15:4
‘Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.’
- Staying connected to God, is the most important issue of life.
- If this matter is settled, then every other blessing can flow out of this.
- In the stress and pressure of life, this vital connection can be lost.
- So, determine, in your own heart, to stay connected to the Source of life!
Prayer: Lord, it is my choice and my decision to stay in vital union with You. Forgive me, for allowing the issues of life and the cares of this world, to interfere with my connection with You. I choose to abide in You and I open up my heart for You to live in me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 33:17
The LORD said to Moses, ‘I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.’
- The very heart and character of the Lord is favourable towards you.
- Out of our relationship with Him, we can trust Him to do miracles.
- What is the ‘very thing’ you are trusting the Lord for at this moment?
- Bring that request to His feet, and believe that He will work on your behalf.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You know me. You are aware of all the battles I am facing and the things I am trusting You for. Therefore, I can believe, and have confidence in Your unfailing love and in Your mighty-working power. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 3:12
‘I will surely be with you,’ God said.
- The Lord will certainly be with you as you face today, and the future.
- For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.’
- Regardless of how you may be feeling, believe what He is saying to you.
- Be strong and courageous, do not fear, the Lord is with you.
Prayer: Lord, today, I take Your Word and I receive it into my own life. I choose to believe what You have said, and I rest in the knowledge of Your ongoing, eternal presence, in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 33:14 (NLT)
The LORD replied, ‘I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest - everything will be fine for you.’
- The greatest joy in life is to know that the Lord is with us.
- Here, the Lord personally reassures Moses that HE will go with him.
- The Lord wants to reassure you that He (and His abiding presence) is with you.
- He will bring you through the process, to a place of rest.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for today and for the reassurance that You are with me. You will see me through the storm, and bring me to a place of peace and rest. I can trust You that everything will be fine for me! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 33:13
‘If it is true that You look favourably on me, let me know Your ways so I may understand You more fully and continue to enjoy Your favour.’
- It is true, as His child, He looks on you with favour and blessing.
- Part of this blessing is that He wants to guide you on His path for your life.
- As you follow Him, you will begin to understand His ways more fully.
- As you pursue Him, you can know the continued enjoyment of His favour.
Prayer: Lord, show me Your ways. May I walk in Your paths and plans for my life, and may I always know and experience Your presence, Your blessing, and Your ongoing favour, I pray
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 33:11
‘The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend.’
- There is a depth to our relationship with God that we have yet to discover.
- There are far greater dimensions for us still to pursue and experience.
- The Lord desires that His presence would be a living reality in our lives.
- Do not hold back, press on, and press into more of God.
Prayer: Lord, I desire to have a greater and an even more meaningful relationship with You, my Lord, and my Saviour. May the reality of Your face, and the reality of Your presence, be something that is a growing and living dimension, in my heart and in my soul. Amen.