Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 12:6
‘The words of the LORD are pure words; as silver tried in a furnace on the earth.’
- When God speaks, we can know that His words are sure and guaranteed.
- His words are pure, tested by fire, and words on which we can totally depend.
- Human words are frail, vain and proceed out of hearts contaminated by sin.
- His words are like pure silver, beautiful, enriching and unpolluted.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that every word that proceeds out of Your mouth is pure and tested, and therefore absolutely reliable, and totally trustworthy, despite how circumstances may appear. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Chronicles 17:27
‘For when You grant a blessing, O LORD, it is an eternal blessing!’
- The Lord is not like humans, kind on one day and harsh on the next.
- He doesn’t give good things in one moment, and then strip them away in the next.
- When He gives blessings, they have an eternal dimension.
- Don’t doubt His goodness towards you, believe in His goodness and His blessing.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the blessings that You have brought into my life. I receive those blessings as ‘eternal blessings’ with the knowledge that they will not be stripped away from me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 10:1
‘O LORD, why do You stand so far away? Why do You hide when I am in trouble?’
- When we are facing troubles, we often ask foolish and unwise questions.
- When things go wrong, we often ask: ‘Where was God?’ and ‘Why?’
- The truth is that the Lord is with you, He is not afar off.
- Don’t believe the lies, believe the truth – the Lord is with you!
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for my tone of unbelief and my questions of doubt and fear. I believe and I know that You are with me and I have nothing to fear. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 20:8
‘They collapse and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.’
- It’s possible to rise up and stand firm when everything is falling around us.
- Things can look hopeless around you, and you can have a different experience.
- As you trust in the Lord, you can expect to rise up and stand firm.
- You can ‘buck the trend’ because of your trust and confidence in the Lord.
Prayer: Lord, I will not trust in man-made solutions and suggestions. I will trust in You, and I will see how that You will raise me up and help me to stand firm, regardless of what’s happening around me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 20:4
‘May He give you the desires of your heart and make ALL your plans succeed.’
- How awesome it is to know that the Lord knows the desires of our hearts.
- Not only does He know the desires of our hearts, but He wants to give them to us.
- Your Heavenly Father loves you enough to make your desires possible.
- Ask Him for those longing and desires, and may He give you success.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great heart and love towards me. I place my desires and longings into Your safe and secure hands, knowing that it is Your heart to give them to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 25:21
‘Isaac prayed to the LORD on behalf of his wife, because she was barren. And the LORD heard his prayer, and his wife Rebekah conceived.’
- What a privilege to be able to stand in the gap, and pray on behalf of others.
- Often, when we are facing challenges, we need others to pray for us.
- Perhaps Rebekah had given up, but her husband prayed for her.
- As we carry others in prayer, God will do a miracle, and we will also be blessed.
Prayer: Lord, I take this moment to bring before You those that I know who need a breakthrough and a touch from You. Would You please do a miracle for them as I pray on their behalf and trust You for them. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Chronicles 5:20
‘Because they put their trust in God, He answered their prayers.’
- What we choose to place our trust in, determines the outcome of our lives.
- If we place our trust in temporary things, we will be disappointed.
- As we place our trust in God, we can expect great things.
- Be determined that you will trust in the Lord with all your heart.
Prayer: Lord, I believe that You are the one true living God. You are true in Your nature and You are truer than my feelings and emotions. As a result I can place my trust in You, with confidence, knowing that You will answer my prayers. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 9:10
‘Those who know Your name trust You, O LORD, because You have never deserted those who seek Your help.’
- To know the Lord is to be able to trust Him.
- Our trust and dependence on God grows out of our relationship with Him.
- As you develop your relationship with the Lord, your trust in Him will grow.
- If you are looking to Him, and trusting Him, He will never desert you!
Prayer: Lord, I realise today that it is absurd not to trust You, because I know that You are faithful and true and therefore, I can depend and trust in You completely. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 112:4
‘Even in darkness, light dawns for the upright.’
- Difficult and dark circumstances are no hindrance to the Lord.
- In the midst of challenging situations, He can step in and change things.
- When darkness and despair seem like the only solution, He can bring light.
- Expect HIS light to flood that situation that is distressing you!
Prayer: Lord, how awesome it is to know that darkness is not a hindrance to You. Bring Your light and shine it into my darkness and may all darkness flee, in Your precious name. Amen.