Daily Bible Verse: Acts 7:36
‘He led them out and performed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, at the Red Sea, and for forty years in the wilderness.’
- The Lord is your faithful God, no matter what you are facing.
- He led His people and He did miracles for them, throughout their lives.
- He wants to lead you, and perform miracles for you, in the course of your life.
- Regardless of the stage you find yourself in, He has a plan, and He will do it.
Prayer: Lord, knowing that You are with me, give me the strength and the hope that I need. I ask You to perform wonders and signs in my life and situation, and lead me out, and into Your purposes for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 14:21
‘Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back…’
- We serve a great, big, wonderful God, for Whom nothing is too difficult.
- By the simple raising of a hand, He can cause the impossible to take place.
- HE is able to remove the obstacles and make a way.
- Believe Him, Trust Him and obey Him!
Prayer: Lord, today I lift my hands to You. I surrender my life and situation to You. You can open up a way for me in the midst of impossibility. I choose to depend on You, today, and always. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 148:8
‘Stormy wind, fulfilling His word.’
- The Lord can use the storms and whirlwinds that we face for His purposes.
- Perhaps you had hoped for a calm life, with a gentle breeze to carry you?
- The truth is that life brings with it its own share of storms.
- If we look beyond the storm and trust Him, He will bring us through it!
Prayer: Lord, regardless of the circumstances that I am facing, I will dare to trust You. I realise today, that even the storms that I face, can be tools in Your hand to fulfilling Your plans for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 147:3
‘He heals the broken-hearted and binds up their wounds.’
- The Lord is the ultimate Restorer.
- He takes what is broken and damaged, and He heals and restores it.
- You may feel crushed, wounded and broken, but He can raise you up.
- The Lord will, personally bind up your wounds, and breathe new life into you.
Prayer: Lord, I receive Your restoring power, and life, into my heart and life today. I give You those areas of my life that are broken and damaged, and I ask You to do a miracle of restoration within me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 18:10
‘The Name of the LORD is a strong fortress (tower); the godly run to Him and are safe.’
- The very nature of God means that we can regard Him as our ‘safe place’.
- The Psalmist wrote and said: ‘The Lord has been a Shelter for me!’
- In times of challenge or difficulty we can run to Him.
- When we run to Him, we will discover that He is all we need.
Prayer: Lord, today I choose to run to You. I know that I am safe when I am living within the shadow of Your wings. I am safe and secure, because You are all I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 144:2
‘He is MY loving God and MY Fortress, MY Stronghold and MY Deliverer, MY Shield, in Whom I take refuge!’
- Please take note of the repeated use of the word ‘MY’.
- Nothing can take the place of YOUR God and His role in your life.
- You have the joy of knowing Him as a Fortress, a Deliverer, a Shield and a Refuge.
- Put your hand in His hand and declare: ‘You are MY God!’
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are MY God. I pray that You will be MY Fortress, MY Stronghold, MY Deliverer, MY Shield and MY Refuge. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 142:3 GNT
‘When I am ready to give up, HE knows what I should do.’
- We all go through times when we feel overwhelmed.
- Times when we think we cannot walk the road we have been assigned.
- Even in the dark times, when we are tempted to give up, He is able to help us.
- The Lord always knows what we should do, and He will lead you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You know every detail of my life. You know when I sit and when I stand, and You know what I should do. I will keep my eyes on You, because You know what I should do, and You will show me what to do! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 138:8 NLT
‘The LORD will work out His plans for my life!’
- Do you realise that the Lord has a plan for your life?
- What we cannot do for ourselves, He will do.
- What no one else will do for us, He can do.
- Our responsibility is to be faithful, continue to trust Him, and He will do it.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You have a plan for my life. I realise that Your plans are always the best for me. I place my hope in You and have confidence that You will work things out and perfect things for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 136:26
‘His mercy endures forever.’
- There is no end to God’s mercy, and it cannot be exhausted.
- Even through difficult times, we can find the silver thread of His mercy.
- Every cloud has a silver lining – His mercy.
- Don’t doubt HIS mercy towards you, He will not fail you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your enduring and everlasting mercy towards me. Thank You that Your mercy has no beginning and no end. Thank You for Your great love, that will never let me go. Amen.