Daily Bible Verse: 2 Peter 2:9 (NLT)
‘So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials…’
- The most important thing for us to remember is the fact that the Lord knows!
- Not only does He know what we face, but He also has the power to rescue us.
- Trials are a reality, but so too is His knowledge and power to deliver.
- So believe in your faithful Lord and in His unlimited power to save.
Prayer: Lord, today I recognise that You are with me. This knowledge gives me the power to be able to trust You and to know that Your knowledge also means Your power is active in my situation. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 51:11b
‘Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.’
- The storms of life do not last forever.
- Eventually these challenges also get tired and move away.
- When the dark clouds pass and the sun breaks through, you will rejoice.
- Tough times do come our way, but gladness and joy will overtake them.
Prayer: Lord, how awesome it is to know that You will make sure that no storm or ‘night season’ will last forever. Your light and Your hope will break through, and joy will be my portion. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 6:9
‘Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless person living on earth at the time, and he walked in close fellowship with God.’
- Doing the right thing always brings blessing and favour on our lives.
- It may not always be easy to do the right thing, but it will always be worth it.
- We should continually try to conduct our affairs according to God’s Word and will.
- And we should also walk in close relationship with God, and He will use us.
Prayer: Lord, it is my desire and choice to live a life that pleases and honours You. I also choose to walk in close fellowship with You, because I know how much I need You in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 3:21
‘The LORD God made clothing out of skins for Adam and his wife, and He clothed them.’
- In God’s great compassion, He saw Adam’s condition and did something about it.
- The Lord personally stepped in to meet the need.
- In a moment of great kindness, HE made clothes for them and clothed them.
- He knows your need and He will step in and prepare and supply what you need.
Prayer: Lord, I am overwhelmed by Your great kindness and compassion towards Your creation – and that includes me. Thank You that You know my need and You will make a way, and in Your love You will make sure that it is exactly what I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 7:11
‘If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!’
- God’s heart is filled with goodness and mercy towards us.
- He knows exactly what we need and how to provide it for us.
- In fact, He has good gifts in store for those who will dare to ask.
- Let us be ready to receive, with arms wide open, all that He has for us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are a Good Father and as such You want to give me the ‘good gifts’ You have prepared for me. I ask You, my Heavenly Father, for the good things that You have for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 62:8
‘Trust confidently in Him at ALL times, O people; pour out your heart before Him. God is a refuge for us.’
- Trusting in God should be our lifestyle and choice.
- It gives us the right to pour out our hearts and longings to Him.
- He wants to come and meet us at our point of need.
- God is our refuge and strength, and an ever-present help in troubled times.
Prayer: Lord, I want to take this opportunity to pour out my heart to You. You know what is concerning me and You know what I need. You are my Refuge, so I will trust and rest in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 28:7
‘My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.’
- Just knowing that we can trust God is great help in life.
- Because we trust in Him, we know that we can turn to Him for help.
- He is our great Helper, and just as He has helped in the past, He will help today.
- Let your heart be encouraged, because He will help you.
Prayer: Lord, surely You are my Helper and You are the strength of my life. I will trust in You with all of my heart, knowing that You are my Helper and that Your help is a promise to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 5:12
‘For surely You, O LORD, bless the righteous; You surround them with the shield of Your favour.’
- We can rejoice, as children of God, that His blessing rests on us.
- The fact that God’s blessing is on us should make us jump for joy.
- In addition, God wants to surround us with His favour and kindness.
- This means that He wants to secure us from danger and bless us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your blessing and favour on my life. I receive Your blessing and favour as a gift from Your hand and I will trust You for divine protection and for Your goodwill towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 3:3
‘You, O LORD, are a Shield for me, my glory, and the One Who lifts my head.’
- The Lord is your Shield and Protector.
- He comes and surrounds you with His blessing and protection.
- He is the Light of our lives and He gives us reason to live.
- He bends down and lifts us up and He reminds us that He will help us.
Prayer: Lord, You are my Shield and my Protector. I look to You for the help, the strength, and the encouragement that I need. Come and lift me up and fill me with hope and confidence. Amen.