Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 2:11
‘Then they opened their treasures and presented Him with gifts.’
- The giving and receiving of gifts is part of the way we were created.
- Something about each person, is the longing to be a blessing to others.
- The Wise Men brought their gifts and presented them to the Lord.
- We too can bring our greatest gift, our hearts, and present it to our Lord.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can give my heart and my life to You today. I hold nothing back, but I choose to surrender myself to You. Be my Lord and be my God. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 4:42
Then they said, ‘Now we believe. Now we know that He is indeed the Saviour of the world.’
- Have you ever considered what you actually believe?
- The question is, are you a believer or are you a skeptic?
- Don’t let doubt, fear and questions rob you of the joy of believing.
- He is indeed the Saviour of the world, and He wants to be your Saviour too.
Prayer: Lord, today I move away from doubt, fear and unbelief, and right now I embrace this great reality; that You are my Saviour and my Lord. I believe! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 4:12
‘Salvation exists in no one else, for there is no other Name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.’
- Our Saviour was the only One Who came to save and rescue us.
- All roads do not lead us to God!
- There is only one road and one Lord, Who can save and deliver us.
- It is for each one of us to find this road, and to find our King.
Prayer: Lord, I recognise that You are the one and only, true living God, and I bow my knee before You. You are the One Who gives us the greatest gift of all – salvation, and I receive this gift right now. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 1:21
‘He will save His people from their sins.’
- Our Saviour’s greatest desire for us is that we would be free in every way.
- He came to our world to make the possibility of this freedom a reality.
- He was born, as a baby, to save us from what would destroy us.
- We can rejoice and celebrate that we have a wonderful Saviour.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I do not need to be held in bondage to anything. You came and brought me freedom and I choose to live in the freedom You brought me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 63:8
‘My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.’
- We should follow God with all our hearts and souls.
- We should cling to Him, as though our very lives depend on it.
- As we pursue Him, He will come and hold us up.
- Press in a little closer, and let there be no space between you and Him.
Prayer: Lord, it is my purpose and my desire to follow after You and to cling to You. You are the One Who will carry and hold me. You are the One my soul longs for. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Zechariah 9:9
‘Rejoice greatly. Shout in triumph! See, your King comes to you…’
- At this wonderful time of the year, we remember our King Who came to us.
- Your King will not abandon or forsake you.
- You can start rejoicing, because He is stepping into your world.
- He is your Saviour, your Lord and your King.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to rejoice and be thankful. You have carried me, and You have sustained me. I receive Your presence and Your loving-kindness into my life today. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 59:9 (NLT)
‘You are my strength; I wait for You to rescue me, for You, O God, are my Fortress.’
- The Lord is the strength of your life.
- The mistake we make is trying to do everything in our own strength.
- There are times that we just have to wait, until HE steps into our situation.
- He remains faithful, and you can take hold of HIM and the strength He gives you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can trust You at every stage of my life. I look to You, and I recognise that You are the strength that I need. Step into my life, and make Your strength my reality, I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 57:15 (NLT)
‘I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts.’
- The Lord wants us to be restored, whole, and filled with courage.
- Life can sometimes take it out of us and leave us drained and empty.
- But He wants to come, in His Own gentle way, and restore and revive us.
- He can take a crushed spirit and a broken heart and restore them completely.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are the great Restorer and the One Who comes to revive us. I pray that You will breathe new life into my heart and spirit, as I trust You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 56:13
‘For You have delivered me…’
- The Lord is your Deliverer.
- He can pick you up and rescue you from every issue and trouble.
- When things look like they will never come right, He is still able.
- The Lord is not finished with you, your Deliverer is coming to save you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my Deliverer. You have not let me go. I am still in the palm of Your mighty hand. Amen.