Daily Bible Verse: Romans 5:6
‘When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.’
- The Good News is that the Lord comes in our helplessness and gives us hope.
- He knows when the time is ‘just right’ and He steps in to turn things around.
- As we remember His death and what He did for us on the cross, we celebrate hope.
- No matter how ‘utterly helpless’ our situation may be, He is our help and answer.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for coming into the world to die and to give Your life as a sacrifice for me. I recognised that You are all I need and remember the price that was paid with thankfulness. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 19:15
But they shouted, ‘Take him away! Take him away! Crucify him!
- The saddest day in history was the day humanity rejected her Saviour.
- It was a choice they made, and they missed the greatest gift.
- Let us not miss the greatest gift that was given to us.
- Let us remember what Christ did for us and celebrate that we have a Saviour.
Prayer: Lord, we don’t want to be like men of old who rejected You, the greatest gift given to humankind. We open up our hearts and we receive You afresh into our lives. We say: ‘come in, come in, into our hearts and into our lives. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 11:25
‘I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in Me will live, even after dying.’
- The Lord offers us the possibility of eternal life.
- We can find this life and His resurrection power in what He did for us on the cross.
- Sin and death may have been our only alternative, but He brought us life.
- Let us not settle for anything less than His life in our lives.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are the resurrection and the life. I receive Your life into my life, and I declare that I believe in You and therefore I will LIVE. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 37:4
‘Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart.’
- When we give the Lord first place in our lives, many wonderful things can happen.
- Our relationship with the Lord should be a source of great joy in our lives.
- As we find our joy and fulfilment in Him, He makes the impossible possible.
- He loves you and He wants to fulfil your desires and secret longings.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to delight myself in You. You are the One who can lift my burdens, heal my heart, and make it possible for me to see the things I so dearly long for. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 2:23
‘Abraham believed God - and he was called a friend of God.’
- The question is: ‘Do we really believe the Lord, or do we doubt Him?’
- When doubts fill our minds, His faithfulness should give us the reassurance we need.
- Abraham was a man who overcame doubt and believed.
- Let’s do the same, let us reject doubt and may our hearts be filled with faith and trust.
Prayer: Lord, I want to be like Abraham who was able to believe You no matter what the circumstances looked like around him. I choose to believe, and I choose to reject doubt and fear. May I also be known as Your friend. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 2:22
‘You see, his (Abraham’s) faith and his actions worked together. His actions made his faith complete.’
- Faith and actions work together to bring about God’s purposes.
- Without faith, we cannot please God.
- Without actions, we cannot achieve what the Lord has destined for us to achieve.
- Be filled with faith and let that faith inspire you to do what He tells you to do.
Prayer: Lord, it is my desire that my life would bring You praise and honour. I choose to do more than just believe, I choose to obey Your leading and in this way be all You intended me to be. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:6
‘Do not be anxious about anything…’
- Life surrounds us with many reasons to be anxious and concerned.
- The Lord tells us that we should not be anxious.
- Anxiety and distress is not part of His plan for your life.
- Give the worries and concerns to Him, and live believing that He will undertake.
Prayer: Lord, I bring all the issues that concern me and bring anxiety into my life, and I give them to You right now. I choose to trust You and I will not entertain anxiety, fear or doubt. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 3:6
‘Seek His will in ALL you do, and He WILL show you which path to take.’
- Each step and decision of life needs to be guided by the Lord.
- We need to remember the Lord before we decide to step out.
- If He is the Lord of our lives, then we will seek His will on what we do.
- He promises to lead us and show us which way to go, as we depend on Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can bring each decision I need to make, and I can lay it at Your feet. Thank You that You will direct my paths and show me which way to go. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 7:12
‘In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you.’
- Much of life is about how we interact with others.
- We were not placed on earth alone, but we were surrounded by others.
- Everything we do should be motivated by kindness and not selfishness.
- We need to always remember that we will reap what we have sown.
Prayer: Lord, Thank You that You have placed me here and surrounded me with other people who are also made in Your image. May I bring hope, love and kindness to everyone I meet today. Amen.