Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 13:15
‘Let us continually offer to the Lord a sacrifice of praise, the fruit of lips that confess His Name.’
- We can choose to moan about everything or praise the Lord in all things.
- From our mouths should flow a constant stream of praise.
- Sometimes the praise ‘costs’ us, because things may be difficult…
- But keep on confessing His Name and bringing Him praise.
Prayer: Lord, I choose, regardless of my circumstances, to praise You and lift Your Name up high. May my mouth and my lips always bring praise and honour to You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 13:14
‘This world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come.’
- You are not home yet; your ultimate home is something eternal.
- We live on earth and we think that things are permanent.
- But we live in a world where everything can change at any moment.
- It is for this reason that we should remind ourselves of what is eternal and enduring.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that in the end You remain my eternal and everlasting Father. Help me in the temporariness of life to always remember that my ultimate destination is to live in Your house forever. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 13:6
So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?’
- Do you realise that as His child you can live with confidence?
- You don’t need to be rattled by what is going on around you.
- You can stand secure and step forward with confidence because He is your Helper.
- Don’t give in to a mistaken tone of distrust, but believe and trust Him.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that my confidence is in You. I will trust and not be afraid. Help me to live each day of my life with this assurance in my heart. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 10:41
HE answered her, ‘Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things.’
- Just as the Lord was aware of Martha’s condition, so He knows your situation.
- He knows your every anxious thought and your every troubling concern.
- His desire is that we would live free from this burden and weight.
- His Word to you is: ‘Do not be anxious about anything’
Prayer: Lord, I choose to live a different life. May I live in the security of Your love and provision and may I be free from every form of anxiety and distress. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 31:6
‘Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid or terrified of them, for it is the LORD Who goes with you.’
- Anxiety, fear and dread is a struggle many people live with.
- Your precious Lord wants to reassure you so that you can enjoy His peace.
- We rebuke all anxiety, fear and dread in our lives.
- We know that the Lord personally goes ahead of us, so we will not fear.
Prayer: Lord, what a joy it is to know that I can simply trust You. I reject all fear and anxiety from my heart and life, and I choose to believe that You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 31:3
‘I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.’
- Today the Lord wants to reassure you of His enduring love for you.
- You are valuable and precious to Him and He dearly loves you.
- Expect His everlasting love and His unfailing kindness.
- You are loved by your Heavenly Father, and that is a foundation on which to stand.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your eternal love and kindness towards me. I receive it afresh today as I remember that You came to this earth because of Your great love for all people and especially for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because HE has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’
- This is one of the most reassuring scriptures in the Word.
- Don’t allow the issues of life to cloud your judgement regarding His faithfulness.
- The desires of this world will always lead to discontentment.
- Let us keep our focus on the main thing: ‘He will never abandon us’.
Prayer: Lord, help me to always remember that I have nothing to fear, for You are near. Forgive me for allowing the wrong things to hold my attention. I choose to believe in Your promise. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 4:2 (NLT)
‘Be prepared, whether the time is favourable or not.’
- You and I are called upon by the Lord to be prepared and ready.
- If we wait for perfect conditions, we may never step out into God’s plans.
- Sometimes things are not favourable, but that should not stop us.
- We need to be ready and willing to obey and follow His instructions.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that regardless of whether the time is favourable or not, I am available, and You can use me. I am ready, willing and prepared, because I know that You will take care of the details. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 3:11
‘…but the Lord rescued me from all of it.’
- A rescuer is someone who steps into our situation to save and deliver us.
- The Lord wants to come right now and step into your situation.
- He can rescue you from all of ‘it’.
- That means that no matter what you are facing, He can and will come through for you.
Prayer: Lord, step into my life and my situation. Rescue and deliver me I pray. May everything that seeks to bring me down, be brought down by Your mighty hand. Amen.