Daily Bible Verse: John 11:25
‘I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in Me will live, even though they die!’
- We can rejoice, because we can know the reality of eternal life.
- Through HIS death, life was made possible for each one of us.
- Let His life, death, and resurrection, fill you with hope, as you believe.
- HE wants to give you new life, new hope and new strength.
Prayer: Lord, as we remember Your death and the price You paid, we are reminded that the purpose was to bring us life. No more death for us, because You are our resurrection and our life, and we believe in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 2:5
‘Come, let us walk in the light of the LORD!’
- In a world of darkness and dread, we can walk in the light of the Lord.
- No more darkness and fear for us, we have His light to walk in.
- The secret is that we must keep on walking and not stop or hesitate.
- Walk by faith and not by sight – walk in His light.
Prayer: Lord, how awesome it is to know that I can walk in Your light. Regardless of how much darkness surrounds me, Your light will come and flood my path, and fill me with hope and confidence. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Song of Solomon 6:3
‘I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine.’
- Remember, you are valuable and precious to the Lord and He loves you.
- You belong to Somebody; you belong to the Lord.
- You are His special treasure, and you are His house, where He can dwell.
- Your Heavenly Father loves and cares for you – have no fear!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can know I am loved and valued by You. You see me as someone of great value. I will rest in Your secure and faithful love for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 11:6 (TLB)
‘Keep on sowing your seed, for you never know which will grow — perhaps it all will.’
- Often, we look at the circumstances and we surrender before trying.
- Perfect conditions seldom arrive, but opportunity may lie in the challenges.
- You never know what the Lord is doing or what He will bless with success.
- If we just try, and step out in faith, maybe take another step, we will succeed?
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for not being bold enough. I want to persevere and keep on ‘sowing my seed’ and I choose to believe that You will bring blessing and favour on the things You show me to do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 11:11
‘It was by faith that Sarah was able to have a child, though she was barren and was too old. She believed that God would keep His promise.’
- Our confidence and faith in the Lord will bring great results.
- Time lost, and difficult circumstances, are no issue to the Lord.
- Our responsibility is to believe, and to keep on believing.
- Don’t ask how He will do it, just know that He will keep His promises.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that I BELIEVE in You and in Your promises to me. Despite how things may look, how much time has passed, and the odds that are against me, I choose to believe. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 10:23
‘Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise.’
- Holding on and not giving up should be our determined decision.
- Giving up will not get us to the breakthrough God has for us.
- The truth is that the Lord can be trusted to help and see us through.
- Hold tight, don’t waver, you have a hope, and His promise is sure!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can hold onto You with all my heart and all my strength. You can be trusted completely, and You are utterly faithful. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 10:10 (NLT)
‘Using a dull axe requires great strength, so sharpen the blade.’
- The rigours of life can take away from our effectiveness.
- Over time, the blade of our lives can become blunt and dull.
- When this happens, life demands much greater strength from us.
- If we take the time, with God’s help, and sharpen the blade, we will succeed.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to stop and pause right here. I present to You the ‘blunt blade’ of my life and I ask You to breathe new life and sharpness into my life, so that I can be effective and productive for You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 17:50
‘And so, without a sword, David defeated and killed Goliath with a sling and a stone!’
- The Lord can use what seems insignificant to give you the victory.
- With God, a sling and a stone can become a weapon of mass destruction.
- The challenge and obstacle in front of you can be defeated with His help.
- Humanity may see only one solution, but the Lord can use anything!
Prayer: Lord, when You are with me, I can walk in victory, and I can know that the giant in front of me will fall. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 9:11
‘The race is not always won by the swiftest, the battle is not always won by the strongest.’
- Human strength and ability are not always a guarantee of success.
- We must never leave the Lord out of the equation of life.
- He tells us: Let the weak say, ‘I am strong!’
- He tells us: Let the poor say, ‘I am rich!
Prayer: Lord, I choose to run the particular race You have set before me, with Your strength. I choose to fight the battle I am confronted with, in Your might and Your power. Amen.