Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 15:2
‘The LORD is my strength and my song; He has given me victory.’
- The Lord needs to be the Source of your strength.
- Nothing in life can strengthen us like the Lord can.
- We may be weak in ourselves, but He wants to come and strengthen us.
- The result of living with His strength is that He steps in and gives us victory.
Prayer: Lord, You are my Source of strength and hope. I will look to You and Your strength as I live my daily life. Come and strengthen me and give me the victory, I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 6:7
‘I will take you as My Own people, and I will be your God.’
- You are not abandoned, but you belong to the Lord your God.
- The Lord wants you to know that you are His very Own.
- He longs to enjoy relationship with you.
- So open the door of your life and let Him in, and He will be your God.
Prayer: Lord, right now I open the door of my heart and life to You. Take me as Your very Own child, and may I experience the joy and the delight of belonging to You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 41:18
‘I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs.’
- God can turn any situation around.
- He can do impossible things.
- He can take what appears to be useless and transform it into something wonderful.
- He can bring life and hope into those areas of our lives that feel barren and dry.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will come, by Your Holy Spirit, and bring new life, new hope, and new joy into every area of life, and in particular into those areas that so desperately need Your intervention. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 2:7
‘Then the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person.’
- You are a carrier of the very life of God.
- The fact that you are alive means that you have His breath in your lungs.
- You are alive because God still has a plan with your life.
- He is not finished with you yet, so embrace the life He has given you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can be alive and that Your life flows within me. I choose life and I choose to follow You and live a life that pleases You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 1:31
‘And God saw everything that He had made, and, behold, it was very good.’
- You were created by God Himself and He does not make junk.
- All of creation is a wonder and a miracle, and that includes you.
- You are valuable and precious to God and He loves you.
- You are unique, and You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You saw it fit that I should be alive at this time in history. You know the plans and purposes You have for me. You made me, and I know that I am valuable and precious in Your sight. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 1:3
Then God said, ‘Let there be light,’ and there was light.
- When the Lord speaks, things happen.
- When He gives us His Word and His promise, He will bring it to pass.
- Even in darkness, when He says ‘Let there be light’ the darkness has to go.
- Believe in Him, and may His light shine in any darkness you are facing.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that when You speak You bring light into darkness, hope into despair and strength into weakness. May my life be filled with Your light. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 1:17
‘Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, Who does not change like shifting shadows.’
- The Lord is the Source of everything that is good and perfect.
- HE is the Giver of every gift and blessing we can know in life.
- His character is not to withhold but rather to give, and give liberally.
- We can depend on this aspect of His nature, because He does not change.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for every good and perfect gift that You have brought into my life. You are the same, yesterday, today, and forever and therefore I will look forward and anticipate more of Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 John 1:5
‘God is light, and there is no darkness in Him at all.’
- Never doubt God’s goodness, love, and kindness towards you.
- Trust in Him, and let go of any mistaken tone of distrust and despair.
- Don’t allow your heart to have unwarranted suspicions concerning His faithfulness.
- He is light and there is no darkness in Him, so trust in His unfailing love.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for sometimes questioning Your faithfulness towards me. I recognise that my suspicions are unwarranted and my doubts are mistaken, because You are a good God and I can trust You with all my heart. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 34:6
‘The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.’
- Your God loves and cares for you more than you realise.
- His heart is filled with compassion and kindness towards you.
- The Lord is not angry with you, He comes to you with mercy and grace.
- His love and faithfulness towards you is unending and inexhaustible.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great love and unlimited faithfulness that You extend to me. I realise that there are no lengths that You wouldn’t go to, in order to reach me and help me. Amen.