Daily Bible Verse: Luke 9:23
Then HE said to them all: ‘Whoever wants to be My disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow Me.’
- We have the joy and the honour of following God with all our hearts.
- This often involves making sure our priorities are correct.
- Often the regrets we have in life come from pursuing the wrong things.
- In the end, all that will matter is, did we know Him and did we follow Him.
Prayer: Lord, help me not to be distracted by all that the world has to offer. May I never forget that my purpose is to follow You and to live the life You have called me to live. I choose to follow You and Your ways. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 11:34
‘Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light. But when it is unhealthy, your body is filled with darkness.’
- Life is full of choices that have the power to enrich our lives or impoverish them.
- We can either allow light into our lives, or darkness.
- Be determined that you will only allow His light to flood your life.
- Invest all you have in achieving this goal, and may you be filled with light.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will remove everything that brings darkness into my life and soul. May I be more determined than ever to know Your light, and Your life in my life and soul. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 6:33
‘Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.’
- Putting God first in our lives is our purpose and destiny.
- Pursuing His Kingdom, and not our own ideas, should be a priority.
- Find time to pray and make time to be used by Him.
- The result will be that He will supply your needs and add to your life.
Prayer: Lord, help me to make good use of the time that You have given me. May You find me faithful, find me grateful, find me thankful, and find me on my knees, as I seek You and Your Kingdom first and foremost in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 23:4
‘Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.’
- Dark valleys are also part of life.
- But even there the Lord comes to remind us that we should not fear.
- The Lord is with you no matter what you are walking through.
- His plan is to bring us through these valleys and into His glorious light.
Prayer: Lord, as I walk through the things that I am facing, may I know the reality of Your presence with me. I will trust in You and I will not be afraid. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Leviticus 26:12
‘I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be My people.’
- The Lord Himself wants to come and walk with you.
- Take hold of His hand and walk with Him.
- He will do more to you than you could ever imagine or hope for.
- You will be His, and He will be yours, your God, and your companion.
Prayer: Lord, I desire to know You in a greater way, I long to walk with You and to know Your ongoing presence in my daily life. As Your child, I ask that You would be my Lord and my God. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 14:25
‘About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water.’
- The winds and storms of life can drive us to a place we did not want to go.
- But even there, our precious Lord and Saviour comes walking towards us.
- He does not abandon us to the storms and difficulties – He comes to us.
- Out of the darkness, at the lowest moment, He appears to deliver and save us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that no matter where I find myself, You are coming to my rescue. You will come and lift me out of the deepest pit and bring me through the severest storm, because You love and care for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 91:4
‘He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge.’
- Our refuge and protection is found in God alone.
- He has been our help in the past, and He will continue to help us in the future.
- He is our Shelter from the storms and challenges of life.
- He will be our Refuge and Protection in life, and in eternity.
Prayer: Lord, come, by Your Holy Spirit, and cover me with Your feathers. May I find the hope and security I need as I place my life and my future under Your wings of refuge. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 40:11
‘LORD, don’t hold back Your tender mercies from me. Let Your unfailing love and faithfulness always protect me.’
- The Lord will not hold back His tender mercies towards you.
- His unfailing love will always be there for you.
- His never-ending faithfulness will go on and on.
- His divine protection will supernaturally shield you, day by day.
Prayer: Lord, truly You are my loving God and my precious Heavenly Father. You are full of tender mercies, unfailing love, and ongoing faithfulness. I am secure and protected, because of Your almighty power and love for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 91:4 (TPT)
‘His massive arms are wrapped around you, protecting you. You can run under His covering…’
- May you feel the reassuring hug that the Lord wants to give you today.
- He wants to take you in His arms and overwhelm you with His kindness.
- He wants to protect you and hold you up, so that you don’t stumble and fall.
- Find your hiding place under His covering and in His love for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me and You surround me with Your love and protection. You are the One Who knows everything about me and You let me find my hope and security under Your wings. Amen.