Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:24
‘The One who calls you is faithful, and He will do it.’
- Do you realise that you are called by the Lord and He has a plan for you?
- In addition, do you realise that He is faithful, and He will be faithful.
- He will do the things He has promised and will work things out for your good.
- Take the hand of the Faithful One and let Him lead and ‘do’ His plan for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your calling and purpose on my life. I trust in You to do all You have promised and destined in and through my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:22
‘Stay away from every kind of evil.’
- The Bible tells us that it is the ‘little foxes’ that destroy a vineyard.
- Often it is the little things that can undo the good in our lives.
- We should be alert and watchful that nothing can get a foothold in our lives.
- The Lord desires that we would live and thrive in victory and not defeat.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for giving me the power and strength to walk in the victory You have given me. Help me to stay away from every form of evil and give me the strength not to even entertain things that could pull me down. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:17
‘Never stop praying!’
- Sometimes we give up on prayer too soon.
- We should persevere and persist in praying and believing.
- We should live with a devotional frame of mind.
- So, keep on praying and never stop bringing your requests to the Lord!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can bring my requests and petitions to Your throne of grace. May I pray without ceasing and may my thoughts turn often to You in prayer. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 6:10
‘Daniel went into his house and three times a day he got down on his knees, prayed, and gave thanks to his God…’
- Thankfulness needs to be developed as a lifestyle in our lives.
- Daniel’s habit was to pause three times a day and give thanks.
- Imagine how our lives would change if we stopped three times a day to give thanks?
- Thankfulness changes our perspective and moves our focus onto the good God has done.
Prayer: Lord, may I be like Daniel, who even when things were working against him, still remembered to stop, kneel, pray and give thanks. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:18
‘Be thankful in all circumstances…’
- Thankfulness is a vital component for a fulfilled life.
- Ultimately thankfulness is a choice we make.
- We aren’t necessarily thankful for circumstances but in the circumstances.
- We can always find something to be thankful for and we should focus on that!
Prayer: Lord, I want to take this moment to remind myself of the many things I have to be thankful for. I choose to be a thankful person even while I am trusting You for answers in other areas of my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:14
‘Encourage those who are timid. Take tender care of those who are weak. Be patient with everyone.’
- Often, we desire kindness and mercy towards ourselves and justice for others.
- We need to have a change of heart and see others from HIS perspective.
- We need to be a source of strength to those who are faint-hearted.
- We need to show care to those who are weak and we must always be patient.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be a picture of Your character to those in my sphere of influence. May people who encounter me be encouraged, cared for and blessed by my patience and kindness towards them. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:11
‘So, encourage each other and build each other up!’
- We live in a world where people are so quick to get angry and break others down.
- But the Lord gives us a different directive.
- He tells us that we should operate differently and encourage and build up others.
- What can you do, for someone today, that will encourage and build them up?
Prayer: Lord, I want to be an instrument in Your hands. May my life be a source of hope to others and may I encourage and build up others, as You have instructed me to do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:10
‘We can live with Him forever.’
- There is a great and wonderful future that lies ahead for each child of God.
- Our future includes an eternity with the Lord forever.
- Don’t allow the cares of life to rob you of this wonderful reality.
- Life may have its challenges, but we are destined to live with HIM forever.
Prayer: Lord, what a wonderful thought to think that I will live with You forever. May I never forget this awesome reality, and may I live as though this wonderful fact is real in my daily life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:5
‘You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.’
- There is something special about you!
- You are His child and as such you belong to the light and not to the darkness.
- You are not a mere product of the age or world in which you live.
- You are a product of His light, so let the darkness flee and let His light flood your soul.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can be Your child. I choose to live in Your light and to have nothing to do with darkness in whatever form it may present itself. Amen.