Daily Bible Verse: Nahum 1:7
‘The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of distress; He cares for those who trust in Him.’
- If ever the world was living in ‘days of distress’ it is now.
- But in difficult times, we have a Stronghold.
- A mighty Fortress is our God.
- He is our Tower of strength, and He will never fail or abandon us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my Stronghold, You are my Fortress, and You are my Tower of Strength. I choose to run to You, knowing that as I trust You, I can believe that Your care and kindness will be a reality in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 145:9
‘The LORD is good to ALL; He has compassion on ALL He has made.’
- How awesome it is to know that God’s compassion rest on us.
- He wants to show you His compassion and His tender mercies.
- He will be good to you and take care of you, because you are His creation.
- God made you and He cares for you, because He does not make junk.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I am valuable and precious to You. You love me, You care for me, and You have great compassion and loving-kindness for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 86:5 (NLT)
‘O Lord, You are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for Your help.’
- In a world where bad news surrounds us, let us remember how good God is.
- In His kindness, He is always ready to extend forgiveness to us.
- His unfailing love towards us, knows no limits.
- In His great love for you, He will help and deliver you!
Prayer: Lord, I lift up my eyes above the troubles, and I look to You, my faithful and my loving Heavenly Father. You are my Helper, and You are the One Who surrounds me with Your unfailing love. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 100:5
‘For the LORD is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and His faithfulness continues to each generation.’
- You can count on the Lord’s goodness towards you.
- You can rely on His unfailing love every day of your life.
- You can have hope in His faithfulness that continues without end.
- You can rest in Your confidence in His character and love for you.
Prayer: Lord, my heart can rest secure in the knowledge of Your goodness, loving-kindness, and great faithfulness. I will trust and not be afraid, for You are all I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 7:10 (TPT)
‘God, your wrap-around presence is my protection and my defence. You bring victory to all who reach out for You.’
- God wants us to know Him as our Shield, Protector, and Defence.
- He wants to encircle us with His presence and favour.
- What a joy it is to know that we can reach out to Him and call on Him.
- The LORD is your Rock, your Fortress, and your Deliverer.
Prayer: Lord, I desire to live within Your circle of blessing, protection, and favour. Today, I reach out to You and I place my hand into Your hand. Lead me, guide me and show me the way. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 91:15
‘When they call on Me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honour them.’
- The Lord promises to answer your cry for help, each time you call.
- He also tells us that we will find and feel His presence with us, in trouble.
- He also undertakes to rescue and lift us up.
- So be confident in the Lord your God.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can call on You and You will answer me. Thank You that You will be with me no matter what I go through, and thank You that You will rescue and deliver me along the way. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 19:34
And they said, ‘The Lord has need of him.’
- The Lord has a purpose and plan for your life.
- The Lord needs you, to do something that only you can do.
- Each one of us can know the joy of being used by God.
- Each day can be another opportunity, as we make ourselves available.
Prayer: Lord, I make myself available to You, to be used for Your purposes. I recognise that You have need of me, and I declare that I am ready and willing to be an instrument in Your hands. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 6:33 (NTL)
‘Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.’
- I once heard someone say: ‘We become what we focus on!’
- If we focus on fear, we become fearful.
- If we focus on joy, we become joyful.
- If we focus on Him, we will become faith-filled, and He will undertake.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can take this moment to make a quality decision and place You first in my life. I choose You, Your Kingdom, and Your will and plan for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 12:24
‘Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to Him than any birds!’
- You are valuable and precious to God and He loves you.
- If God cares for and provides for the birds, surely, He will take care of you.
- Let us take God’s Word at face value and believe that we are valuable.
- He is your Provider and He will take care of you.
Prayer: Lord, just as you take care of the birds and feed them, so You too will take care of me. You are my Source and my Provider, and I look forward to the wonderful way in which You will take care of me. Amen.