Daily Bible Verse: Romans 4:18 CEV
‘God promised Abraham a lot of descendants. And when it all seemed hopeless, Abraham still had faith in God...’
- You and I are designed to live with hope that is alive within us.
- Hope, is the thing that gets you up in the morning.
- Hope, is the thing that sustains you through each day.
- When things seem hopeless, keep on believing and have faith in God.
Prayer: Lord, I reject all hopelessness and despair that has found a place in my heart. You are my God, and in spite of how things may seem, I will continue to trust in You, believing and holding on to my faith and confidence in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 4:18
‘So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.’
- What we focus our attention on is vitally important for our wellbeing.
- If we are consumed by the troubles of the day, it will undermine our faith.
- So let’s choose to fix our eyes on the Lord, and His eternal love and care for us.
- He is eternal and what He does, no man can hinder or stop.
Prayer: Lord, help me not to get overwhelmed by the things that I see and hear going on around me. May my heart and my mind constantly be reminded of Your ongoing lovingkindness and tender mercies towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 54:10
‘Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor My covenant of peace be removed,’ says the LORD, Who has compassion on you.
- Turbulent times will happen, but they do not undo the truth about God.
- Circumstances can be very unstable, but His love for you is constant and sure.
- His love for you will never be shaken or removed – it will remain.
- He knows that you face uncertain times, and He still loves and cares for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that in the midst of uncertain times that I can still have full confidence in Your love and care for me. I will rest in Your unfailing love and in Your covenant of peace towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 41:13
‘I am the LORD your God Who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.’
- As a child my mother would take hold of my hand as we crossed the street.
- God wants to come and take hold of your hand as you navigate life.
- The Lord sees the bigger picture and so holding onto Him makes sense.
- He holds you because He loves you and He wants to help you and protect you.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will come and take hold of my hand today. I need You in my life and I need You to help me as I navigate my way through each day of my life. Thank You that I can know that You will help me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 119:114
‘You are my hiding place and my shield; I put my hope in Your Word.’
- How awesome it is to know that God is our hiding place.
- He is the place where you can feel secure, loved, and protected.
- You can hold onto His Word and His promises for your life.
- He will never let you go and His arms of love surround you.
Prayer: Lord, today I choose to come to You and to find my ‘safe place’ in You. Your Word reassures me of Your constant unfailing love and protection, and under Your wings I am safe. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 112:4
‘Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.’
- Life is a series of seasons through which we pass.
- Some seasons are filled with light, hope and positive expectations.
- Some seasons are difficult and it is like going through a storm.
- No matter what we go through, His light will arise on us as we follow Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the promise of Your light in my life. No amount of darkness can extinguish the light that comes from You. I ask that You will flood my life with Your light. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 12:2b
‘The LORD, the LORD Himself, is my strength and my defense; He has become my salvation.’
- Our strength should come from the One Who is all-powerful.
- Receive His strength right now, and let it fill your heart.
- He is also your deliverer and your defender – you are not in this alone.
- HE is the One Who gives us the breakthrough and the victory.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can look to You for my strength. Thank You that I can run to You to defend and protect me, and thank You for the victory and security You give me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 12:2a
‘Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.’
- Surely the Lord will come through for you.
- Surely, He will not abandon or forsake you.
- You have every reason to trust and not be afraid.
- See, God will come to save you, so trust and have no fear.
Prayer: Lord, I recognise that You are the One I can trust. You are the One I can hold onto. You are the One Who will save me and therefore I will not fear. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 37:5
‘Commit your way to the LORD; Trust in Him also and He will do it.’
- There comes a time when we need to let go and let God take over.
- It is a time when we give and surrender ourselves completely to Him.
- When we reach this place of complete surrender then we can enjoy peace.
- As we release our ways into His hands, He can bring about His purposes.
Prayer: Lord, I commit my life, my future, and my ways to You today. I will trust You and that trust gives me the hope and expectation that You will work in my situation. Amen.