Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 18:1
‘Then the LORD appeared to Abraham in the heat of the day, while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent.’
- What a thought, that at the moment of the greatest heat, the Lord appeared.
- Could you believe, that at your moment of greatest difficulty, He could arrive?
- Yes, He is never late, and His timing is always impeccable.
- So wait with expectation, and see what He will do in your situation.
Prayer: Lord, just as Abraham sat, in the heat of the day, and saw You appear before him, so I will believe that no matter how challenging my situation may be, You will arrive to rescue and deliver me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 46:1
‘God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble.’
- This must be one of the most encouraging verses in all of the scriptures.
- It is a constant reminder, that no matter what, the Lord is there for us.
- He is your Refuge; He is your Strength and He is your Helper.
- Place ALL of your trust in Him and know Him as your ‘ever-present’ help.
Prayer: Lord, it’s all because of You that I can stand today and give You glory and praise. I am alive today, and its all because of You, my Refuge, my Strength and my Help. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 5:13
‘When Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a Man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in His hand.’
- Jericho was a great and mighty city that had to be conquered.
- As Joshua contemplated this challenge, the Lord appeared before him.
- As you contemplate what lies before you, open your eyes and see the Lord before you.
- The Lord will reveal Himself to you as your very present help in trouble.
Prayer: Lord, I will look to You, my Lord, my Saviour and my Faithful Friend. I will not look at the problems and challenges, but I will lift up my eyes and I will see You, standing with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 3:13
‘As soon as the priest’s feet touch the water, the flow of water will be cut off upstream, and the river will stand up like a wall.’
- The Israelites faced a flooded river between them and the Promised Land.
- It seemed like an insurmountable obstacle.
- But as the priests stepped forward, a miracle took place and the river parted.
- Our High Priest goes ahead of us, and opens a way for us, through the impossible.
Prayer: Lord, You are my High Priest, and You step into the flood, into the fire and into the flame that wants to stop and destroy me, and You make a way for me, through it all. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 2:5
His mother (Mary) said to the servants, ‘Do whatever HE tells you.’
- Obedience to the leading of the Lord makes a way for miracles.
- When we do what He tells us to do, nothing is impossible.
- Mary believed and expected great things would happen at any moment.
- Her instruction to them, applies to us: ‘Do whatever He tells you!’
Prayer: Lord, I choose to follow Your leading and instruction. Speak Lord, Your servant is listening, and I am ready to obey. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 2:21
‘And she (Rahab) tied the scarlet cord in the window.’
- Each one of us is trusting the Lord in some area or another.
- Rahab was trusting that her family would be saved from destruction.
- She tied a scarlet cord from her window so that she would be saved.
- We need the precious blood of our Saviour over our lives, so we can be saved.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the way in which You intervene in our lives to save and protect us. We ask that You would cover us under the protection of Your precious blood, so that we would know Your restorative and protective hand over our lives. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 1:2
‘Now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, into the land that I am giving…’
- The moment we make a decision and start moving towards something, things happen.
- There has to be an ‘arising’ and a ‘going over’ in order to gain ground.
- This calls for us to be strong and very courageous.
- Don’t settle for your comfort zone, but step forward into a new dimension.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to arise and step away from, and out of, my comfort zone into Your plans and purposes for my life. No longer will I hold onto the ‘familiar’ at the expense of the ‘new’ that You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 1:3
‘I will give you every place on which you set foot.’
- There is so much that God wants to give us, but we have to step into it.
- Sometimes we just want to sit and wait until something falls into our laps.
- We have to possess and take hold of those things God has for us.
- Believe that God has good things for you and step into the promise.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that today will be the beginning of a new life for me. May I stand up in Your strength and confidently declare, ‘This is my inheritance and my gift from the Lord’. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 34:7
‘Moses was 120 years old when he died, yet his eyesight was clear, and he was as strong as ever.’
- The Lord is the One Who can sustain us against all odds.
- Moses did not have an easy life, yet at his end, he was still strong and clear-sighted.
- Life, with all its issues, would like to wear us out prematurely.
- But the Lord, with His love and care, wants to sustain us perpetually.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my sustainer. Life will not get the better of me. You will carry and sustain me until You come to fetch me to Yourself. Amen.