THE MOUNTAIN MOVING GOD
1. WE HAVE A MOUNTAIN MOVING GOD
- Have you ever felt like you are unable to cope with the challenges that are in front of you?
- Perhaps you are facing mountains of challenge and difficulty right now.
- In life we can find ourselves facing obstacles that seem to be insurmountable.
- When the nation of Israel finally got into the promised land, the first thing that they were confronted with was a fortified and walled city (Jericho). This was the first obstacle they had to overcome in the process of possessing the land God had given them. But God was with them, and He would bring those mighty walls down right in front of their eyes.
- Our mountain moving God wants to go before you and level the way ahead of you.
- Isaiah 45:2 'I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.' (NIV)
- Notice these wonderful things that HE will do for you:
He will go before you.
He will level the mountains.
He will break down the gates.
He will cut through the bars of iron.
He will make the rough places smooth.
He will make the crooked places straight.
- Isaiah 45:2 'I will go before you and make the crooked places straight' (KJV)
2. THE LEVEL PATH OF LIFE
- As God's son and daughters, we are asked to believe that God will make a way where there seems to be no way.
- We are asked to believe that God can and will remove the Jericho's, the obstacles, and the mountains that stand in the way.
- As a young man I used to enjoy hiking. It was such an enjoyable experience to be out in nature and hike for up to five days. Some hikes were badly designed and you ended up climbing and descending without any recovery time. Other hikes were well designed and you would climb a bit and then follow the contour (the level path) and enjoy a time to recover and see the view, before descending or climbing again.
- I believe that the path of life that God has prepared for us is well designed. It is designed to be something we can achieve, and with His help, it can be something we will be victorious in.
- The Bible speaks of 'the level path of life' and this is something we can know as a reality in our lives. In order to experience this, mountains will have to be removed.
- Proverbs 5:21 'For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and He maketh level all his paths.' (English Revised Version)
- The Lord wants to teach you and show you the way, if only you will put your hand in His and take hold of it.
- Psalm 27:11 'Teach me Your way, O LORD, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies [who lie in wait].'
3. NO OBSTACLE IS TOO BIG FOR GOD
- We must never limit what God can do.
- He is the all-powerful and the almighty God, and nothing is too difficult for Him.
- As you look at the challenges you are facing, lift up your eyes and look to the One Who is greater than those challenges or issues you are facing, and keep your eyes on Him, and He will bring you through it on the level path that He has prepared for you.
- In the city in which I live there is a mountain that separates two sections of the city. During the great depression, men were assigned to build, by hand, a roadway up the side of this mountain to create easy access over the mountain and to link the two sections of the city. What was insurmountable became very manageable and still to this day it allows ease of access, and remains a remarkable feat of handmade engineering. What would have required incredible energy to climb, can now be crossed by vehicle in less than a few minutes.
- The Lord wants to do the same for you.
- He wants to step in and remove the obstacles that you think will never be overcome.
- He wants to make a way where there seems to be no way.
- Don't limit God, there is no pit or valley deep enough that He cannot fill. There is no mountain high enough that He cannot deal with, and there is no crooked road that He cannot make straight.
- Luke 3:5 'Every valley shall be filled in, every mountain and hill made low. The crooked roads shall become straight, the rough ways smooth.'
4. FOLLOWING GOD LEADS TO LIFE
- When we follow God, it leads to life and to the level path He has prepared for us.
- But when we follow our own ideas, our own choices, to the exclusion of the Lord in our lives, the path can become a struggle. We can make mistakes or rely on our own wills and opinions. We can depend on ourselves, when we should be depending on Him, and this leads to unexpected consequences and a path that is choked with problems and issues.
- But when we follow Him, it opens the way for us to discover the pathway that leads to life.
- Proverbs 12:28 'Living right is a pathway that leads to life and away from death.' (Contemporary English Version)
- Sometimes we simply don't know which way to go, and even there the Lord is waiting to take us by the hand and turn things around.
- He may not take us down the road we were expecting, but He will take us to the place that He wants us to be.
- Isaiah 42:16 'I will lead the blind by a way they did not know; I will guide them on unfamiliar paths. I will turn darkness into light before them and rough places into level ground. These things I will do for them, and I will not forsake them.'
- He will lead you and He will never leave you nor forsake you.
5. YOUR MOUNTAIN MOVING GOD HAS A SPECIFIC PATH FOR YOU
- No two individuals travel the exact same path through life.
- Every person has his or her own path to find and to walk.
- When we look at others, we may think that their path is much easier or better than ours, but that is not the case.
- Each person has their own issues, challenges, and struggles, but the Lord wants to lead each one of us along the best particular pathway for us as individuals.
- Hebrews 12:1 '...let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us.'
- Each one of us has a different race to run and a different path to follow, but we have the same Lord Who will bring us all through it all.
- Enroute, He will remove mountains and fill valleys and bring us out victorious.
- Acts 2:28 'You have made known to me the paths of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence.'
- Isaiah 26:7 'The path of the righteous is level; You clear a straight path for the righteous.' (Christian Standard Bible)
- Psalm 23:3 'He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honour to His Name.'
- Your 'mountain moving God' is with you all the way!
By Andrew W Roebert
These notes may be shared with others