THE LORD WILL NOT FORGET YOU
– How wonderful it is to know that God will never forget us.
– Friends and colleagues may forget us, and they are not always aware of what we have been through nor of what we are going through or what we will face in the future.
– Human support is fickle and unpredictable.
– But God is faithful, and He will carry us.
– He will never leave you or forsake you.
– You can have full confidence in Him.
– Not only will the Lord not forget you, but He will remember you!
1. GOD REMEMBERED NOAH
– Genesis 8:1 ‘God remembered Noah!’
– The Lord had given Noah this enormous responsibility of building this boat (ark).
– It was a task that took many years, so scholars believe it was around 100 years.
– Imagine working on a project for 100 years and the success of the project depends on a flood that you have no control over.
– During the process of construction Noah was ridiculed and criticised for what seemed like a useless endeavour.
– I sometimes wonder if Noah didn’t himself wonder if the project would ever be completed or if the flood would actually happen?
– But there came a day when the work was done and the rain began to fall.
– God remembered Noah, He had never forgotten him and now was the time for things to turn and for things to happen.
– Sometimes we can feel like nothing is happening and all our work seems in vain.
– God may allow some time to pass, but sooner or later He will step in and remember us and His purposes with our individual lives.
2. WHEN GOD REMEMBERS – SOMETHING HAPPENS
– When that moment comes and God ‘remembers us’, it usually leads to something happening.
– When God remembered Noah, the fulfillment of all that HE had spoken or promised began to happen.
– Now the people who had joked and laughed at Noah were no longer laughing.
– Noah’s flood was a global happening that affected the world, as we know it today, and in the midst of all of this, God still remembered Noah and his family.
– After all the years of waiting, what was promised, came to pass.
– Eventually something happened, the time of preparation came to an end and the time of fulfillment became a reality.
– In every instance of God ”remembering,” we see that it always includes an action.
3. GOD WILL REMEMBER – THOSE PERSONAL REQUESTS
– It’s one thing to see the hand of God in the affairs of humanity, but can we believe Him to ‘remember’ us as individuals with our own hopes and dreams?
– The answer is yes, He is just as interested in our longings and desires as He is in matters of global or major importance.
– Let us look at an example.
– Genesis 30:22 ‘Then God remembered Rachel’s plight and answered her prayers by enabling her to have children.’
– Rachel had been barren and unable to have children.
– It was obviously a matter of great stress and concern to her and she seemingly had made her longings a matter of prayer.
– In all likelihood, she had called out to God, cried out to God and was desperate within her own heart.
– This verse speaks of her plight.
– A plight is a condition a person can find themselves in where they are faced with something unfortunate, difficult or unexplainable.
– From what we read; Rachel was barren for about 14 years.
– But God remembered her, and HE enabled her to have children.
– He made it possible for her personal longings and desires to be fulfilled.
– He wants to do the same for you!
4. GOD WILL REMEMBER YOU AND RESCUE YOU
– Sometimes we can find ourselves in difficult situations that are beyond our control.
– In some cases we need to be rescued from pending danger.
– At other times we have to be rescued from circumstances that have already overtaken us.
– Even in these situations the Lord will not abandon you or forget you, He will remember you.
– Genesis 19:29 ‘So when God destroyed the cities of the plain, He remembered Abraham, and He brought Lot out of the catastrophe that overthrew the cities where Lot had lived.’
– Abraham’s family, which included Lot, was facing great danger in a city that was about to face a great catastrophe.
– God did not forget about them, He remembered and He stepped in and brought them out of the catastrophe and rescued them.
– God wants to rescue you.
– As you trust Him in your situation, just know that He will remember you and rescue you.
5. GOD WILL REMEMBER YOU – HIS PROMISE IS HIS PLEDGE
– God is always faithful to His promise to us.
– The Lord had made a covenant (promise) with Abraham and this covenant was not something He would forget or abandon.
– Even though it seemed like there were no developments in respect of this promise, God still intended to fulfil every word.
– Exodus 2:24 ‘God heard their groaning and He remembered His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob.’
– Perhaps you are holding on to some words or promises that you feel God has given you regarding your situation or family.
– The Lord is faithful in all He says and promises.
– He will never abandon His promises to His children.
– Psalm 105:8 ‘He remembers His covenant forever, the promise He made, for a thousand generations.’
– God remembered His people throughout the generations.
– He will continue to remember us each and every day.
– No matter what we are going through – the calm or the storm – the Lord sees and remembers us.
– Remember, you are valuable and precious to God and He loves you.
By Andrew W Roebert
These notes may be shared with others