Daily Bible Verse: John 20:22
He breathed on them and said, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit.’
- Your Heavenly Father wants to come and breathe new life into you.
- When God created man He breathed the breath of life into him.
- When His Son came He also came to breathe new life into humanity.
- This life came in the form of His Holy Spirit, living and dwelling within.
Prayer: Lord, I receive the breath that You breathe over me today. I want all that You have prepared and destined for me to enjoy and experience. Let Your life flow through my life! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 10:15
‘…for the turn of events was from God…’
- We need to constantly remind ourselves that God always has the final say.
- Sometimes the turn of events may seem to be contrary to what we had hoped for.
- If things did not work out as we had planned, it does not mean God was not involved.
- We should trust that the hand of the Lord is in every ‘turn of events’.
Prayer: Lord, I recognize that You are far more involved in my life than I actually comprehend. You control the turn of events in my life and You promise to work all things out for my good. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 1:12
‘But as many as received Him, to them gave Hepower to become the children of God, even to them that believe on His name.’
- When we believe and place our trust in Him, things change.
- In the process, He gives us the right, privilege and power to be His children.
- If you have believed and received Him, then you are His child.
- Remember, your situation or circumstances does not change this wonderful fact.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I am Your child. I receive You and I believe in You afresh today. May the reality of my ‘sonship’ be a living reality in my heart and life! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 2:6
‘So then, just as you received Christ as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him!’
- Our faith involves an ongoing relationship with our Lord and Saviour.
- The Lord wants us to live our lives in Him.
- He wants us to continue living a lifestyle that honours Him.
- He wants us to live lives of dependence, trust and in vital union with Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the wonderful relationship You offer me. I don’t want to live like a ‘lone ranger’ or a ‘loner’, but I want to live, walk and enjoy my life in vital union with You! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 6:16
This is what the LORD says: ‘Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.’
- We often reach the point where we are at a crossroad in our lives.
- These ‘crossroad’ moments are critical times when we need God’s guidance.
- In times of decision, He does not abandon us, but He steps up to help us.
- We must just pause, ask, wait and obey and He will direct us and give us rest.
Prayer: Lord, as I stand at this point in my life, I choose to seek Your help, leading and guidance, so that I can discover the rest You have for my soul. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 6:27
‘Teach them the good way in which they should walk.’
- Do you realize that the Lord has a ‘good way’ for you to walk in?
- It does not mean that everything will always go smoothly.
- But it does mean that He knows where He is taking us.
- Our hearts should be ready to learn from the path He takes us along.
Prayer: Lord, I realize that You know what is best for me. I choose to be taught by You as You lead and guide me to the places that You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 84:5
‘Blessed are those who find strength in You. Their hearts are on the road [that leads to You].’
- God is the strength of all those who trust in Him.
- As you trust in Him, He becomes your strength.
- When He strengthens us, we know what it means to be blessed.
- Let us follow the road that leads us to Him, our refuge and our strength.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to place my faith, hope and confidence in You today. May I find the strength I need in You alone and may I follow You, because You are my Lord and Saviour. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 5:13
The singers raised their voices in praise to the LORD and sang: ‘He is good; His love endures forever.’ Then the temple of the LORD was filled with the cloud!
- When we begin to praise and worship God, everything changes.
- As they raised their voices the temple was filled with a cloud.
- As we praise God, His very presence wants to come and invade our lives.
- Your body is a temple for His Spirit, let Him come and fill you from within.
Prayer: Lord, I lift my voice to you today and I praise Your holy name. You are good and Your love endures forever. Come and fill my heart and life with the cloud of Your presence today. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Chronicles 29:13
‘Now therefore, our God, we thank You, and praise Your glorious name.’
- When last did you stop and thank the Lord for all He has done for you?
- When last did you express your gratitude and thankfulness to Him?
- Now is a good time to pause and thank Him for His great faithfulness.
- Thankfulness and praise should be our lifestyle of choice.
Prayer: Lord, right now and want to take a moment and thank You for Your great kindness, faithfulness and love towards me. I will praise You as long as I live. Amen.