Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:6
‘Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your specific requests known to God.’
- In everything that life may bring across our paths, the Lord is ready to help us.
- There is no situation or circumstance that is beyond His help.
- Worry, anxiety and fear undermine our faith and confidence.
- Keep on bringing your requests to the Lord and see what He will do.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me in every situation I face. Nothing is too difficult for You and You will help me, so I do not need to be anxious or fearful. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 16:13
‘Be on the alert. Stand firm in the faith. Be men (women) of courage. Be strong.’
- We must stay alert, be on our guard and keep watching.
- The enemy seeks to devour and destroy.
- The Lord wants to bring us His life and peace.
- So stand firm, be courageous, stay strong and He will be your life and peace.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to stand firm in my faith in You. I will be courageous and strong as I believe and hold onto the hope I have in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 61:2
‘From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.’
- When our hearts are overwhelmed, we have someone to turn to.
- When we feel deserted and alone, we have someone we can call on.
- We have a God who listens to and hears our every prayer.
- HE will bring us through the storm and place our feet on solid ground.
Prayer: Lord, I call to You today. You are my hope and my salvation. Lead me through my situation and place my feet upon the rock. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:2
‘The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge!’
- The Lord is your ‘secure place’, your stronghold and your deliverer.
- He is your rock in whom you can trust.
- In a world that is unstable and insecure, we need Him more than ever.
- Take refuge in Him and place your trust and confidence in Him!
Prayer: Lord, You truly are my ‘safe place’. What a joy it is to run into Your arms, knowing that it is there that I can be secure and safe. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 33:21
Then the LORD said, ‘There is a place near Me where you may stand on a rock.’
- There is a place, close to the heart of God, which is especially for you.
- The Lord wants to reveal something of His character to you.
- When He is near you can stand secure.
- When you know that He is with you, you do not need to fear or despair.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me. I choose to draw near to You so that I can know the closeness and joy of Your presence in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 15:13
‘May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!’
- Hope, joy and peace are the foundations as we trust for the future.
- Our trusting in the Lord needs to be accompanied by joy and peace.
- As we trust in the Lord we can, in fact, overflow with hope.
- May His Spirit come and touch your life and may you know His hope, joy and peace.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can place my trust in You. As I walk this road of trust, I pray that You will come and fill me with hope, joy and abundant peace. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 13:13
‘And now these threeremain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love.’
- Sometimes we can lose perspective about what really is important.
- Often the urgent things demand more of our attention than the important things.
- Our faith, our hope and our love need to remain the cornerstone of our lives.
- But our greatest purpose is to display and reflect His love to those around us!
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will fill me with faith, restore my hope and may my life be a channel for Your love to pass through and to touch the lives of others. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Timothy 1:14
‘Oh, how generous and gracious our Lord was! He filled me with the faith and love that come from Christ.’
- The Lord is a good, good Father, who wants to fill us with good things.
- Right now He is leaning towards you with favour.
- He is generous and gracious in His love towards you.
- Let Him fill you with the faith and love that can only come from Him!
Prayer: Lord, You truly are my loving Heavenly Father. Your kindness towards me overwhelms my heart. Fill me now, I pray, with Your faith and love so that I can operate in Your power and grace. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 20:27
Then HE said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here; see My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.’
- Doubt and unbelief rob us of so much of what the Lord has in store for us.
- The Lord wants us to be ‘faith-filled’ and not faithless.
- We should constantly be filled with hope and expectation in God.
- Let go of your doubts and fears and choose to have faith and believe.
Prayer: Lord, I choose faith over doubt, hope over despair and confident expectation over discouragement. I will doubt my doubts and I will believe in You and all You have promised and said. Amen.