Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 18:20
‘Now on whom do you trust…?’
- This is a question that we need to settle in our own hearts.
- We should remind ourselves that our help comes from the Lord.
- Others should also see that we trust in something greater and divine.
- We don’t trust in money or resources, because God is our hope and confidence.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that my trust, hope and confidence in You! I will not depend on the ‘arm of the flesh’ for my expectation is in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 4:4
‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’
- All of humanity needs food (bread) to survive.
- But there are other needs in life that cannot be satisfied with physical things.
- There is a greater dimension than just our physical existence.
- There is an aspect of our daily lives that only God can provide for or supply.
Prayer: Lord, I recognize today that I need You in my life. I cannot just get by on physical bread alone, I need You and Your words of life to sustain and carry me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 7:9
‘This is a day of good news…’
- Could it be that today could be a day of good news?
- Do you expect the worst when you should be expecting the best from God?
- Today could be a day of breakthrough, today could be a day of miracles.
- Let us believe that the worst is over and that the best still lies ahead of us.
Prayer: Lord, I am trusting You for good news today. You are my miracle-working, yoke-destroying Lord and Saviour. I believe You for wonderful things. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 6:17
Elisha prayed, ‘Open his eyes, LORD, so that he may see.’ Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire.
- There are many more who are with you than those who are against you.
- We cannot only look with our physical eyes at our situations.
- We must ask God to open our eyes to ‘see’ things from His perspective.
- When we see things from His perspective, we do not need to fear.
Prayer: Lord, give me ‘eyes’ to see beyond what I see with my physical eyes. May I see into Your eternal dimension and may this understanding change the way I see things! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 103:2 + 4
‘Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits. He continues to redeem your life from the Pit, and He continuously surrounds you with gracious love and compassion.’
- No pit is so deep that God cannot reach down and lift you out of it.
- When we feel at our lowest, we must never forget that He remains strong.
- His gracious love and eternal compassion is always reaching out to us.
- So we can lift up our heads and remind ourselves of His goodness and love.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your enduring love and care for me. I ask You to lift me up and out of the situations and circumstances that would like to pull me down. May I see Your love and faithfulness towards me each and every day! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 55:18
‘He (the Lord) rescues me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me.’
- We all face battles, challenges and the issues of life.
- The Lord wants to come and rescue you unharmed from the battles.
- There may be many facets to the challenges you face today.
- The Lord will rescue and deliver you as you continue to trust Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are the one who wants to rescue me unharmed from the battles I am facing. You are my deliverer and I can place my life in Your hands with confidence and hope! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 23:14
‘David stayed in the strongholds of the wilderness and in the hill country. Saul hunted him day after day, but God didn't let Saul find him.’
- When the Lord is your protection, nothing and no one can touch you.
- The enemy of your soul seeks to destroy you.
- But if God be for you, who can be against you?
- Live under the shadow of His wings and rest secure and undisturbed.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are the one who can protect, preserve and keep me. You know what I am facing and what I am up against and You can bring me through victorious. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 32:7
‘You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble.’
- The Lord is your sacred hiding place, your place of safety and security.
- He wants to come a fill your heart with the hope of deliverance.
- Whenever you are afraid you can place your trust in Him.
- You are strong in the strength of the Lord in your life.
Prayer: Lord, come and fill my heart today with the strength that only comes from You. I choose You as my sacred hideaway. I will trust in You! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 40:3
‘He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God.’
- What type of song are you singing on a daily basis?
- Is it a song of despair and discouragement or a song of hope and confidence?
- The Lord wants to come and put a new song in your mouth.
- He wants to give you a song of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness.
Prayer: Lord, I ask that You will come and give me a new song in my spirit. Remove all the cares and burdens and cause my heart to leap again. Amen.