Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 18:14 (GNT)
‘Why are you doing this all alone…?’
- Often in life, we end up trying to handle everything ourselves.
- We think we have ‘broad shoulders’ and so we carry unnecessary weight.
- There are others who can help you along the way if you will just ask.
- The Lord is also your Helper, and you can have confidence in His help.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for always trying to carry everything in my own strength. I need the help of others, and especially, the help that comes from You. I call out to You and I ask You to be my Helper, and surround me with others who will also help me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 18:8 (NLT)
‘Moses told his father-in-law everything the LORD had done… He also told about all the hardships they had experienced along the way and how the LORD had rescued His people from ALL their troubles.’
- God is good, all the time, and all the time, God is good.
- Life is not always easy, but the Lord undertakes to carry us through it all.
- Through all that we face and go through, we are learning to trust in Him.
- You will also give testimony, of how good the Lord has been in your life.
Prayer: Lord, as I look back on the passage of my life, I realise how good You have been to me. It has not always been easy, but You have carried me, You have lifted me up and You have delivered me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 18:4
The other son was named Eliezer, for Moses had said, ‘The God of my father was my Helper and delivered me from the sword of Pharaoh.’
- The Lord did many wonderful things for Moses.
- Thinking back, Moses recognised that God had been his Helper and Deliverer.
- The Lord, also, wants to be your Helper and your Deliverer.
- Give, what you are facing, to Him, He is able to help and deliver you.
Prayer: Lord, as I start this day, I want to pause and remind myself that You are my Helper and Deliverer. I pray that You will step into my situation and assist me, and bring me to the green pastures and the still waters, that You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Leviticus 26:4
‘I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit.’
- We serve a wonderfully faithful and dependable God.
- He wants to supply us with what we need, at just the right time.
- His desire for us is that we would be fruitful and productive.
- He wants to reward us with His favour and blessing on our lives.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your never-ending faithfulness in my life. As I trust for today, I remind myself that You will send the ‘rain’ that I need, and I will see fruitfulness in my life as You give me the growth and increase that I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Galatians 6:9
‘Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.’
- We must never become tired of doing what is right and what is good.
- Our lives can be an example and a blessing to others around us.
- At just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing, if we do not give up.
- Keep on being a blessing and doing good, it will be worth it.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be a blessing to You, and to others. May I live in a way that honours You, and use me, I pray, to be Your hands and Your feet, to those around me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 34:3
‘O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His Name together.’
- We need to remind ourselves of how great God is.
- We must magnify Him, and He must become great in our hearts and minds.
- There is no problem or situation that is too great for Him.
- We should encourage each other, with the knowledge that He is all-powerful.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for sometimes thinking that my situation is bigger than Your ability to solve it. I realise that You are great and that nothing is too difficult for You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 18:1 (TLB)
‘Word soon reached Jethro, about all the wonderful things God had done for His people and for Moses’
- Do you believe that you can trust the Lord for wonderful things at this time?
- It is part of God’s heart and character to do wonderful things for us.
- Be expectant, keep holding on, and believe in His faithfulness towards you.
- May others soon hear about the wonderful things He has done for you.
Prayer: Lord, I am expectant, and my heart is full of confidence that You will do wonderful things for me. I pray that others, around me, will also see how You have undertaken and provided for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 138:7
‘If I walk in the midst of trouble, You preserve me from the anger of my foes; You will extend Your hand, and Your right hand will save me.’
- Even in the most difficult of times, the Lord is still there for us.
- Walking in the middle of trouble, can be very disconcerting.
- But even there the Lord will undertake and preserve you.
- He will extend His hand towards you and save you.
Prayer: Lord, just like a parent extends their hand to help and protect their child, so I pray that You will extend Your hand into my situation and preserve, protect, and deliver me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 17:9
Moses said to Joshua, ‘Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the staff (rod) of God in my hands.’
- Wherever we go and whatever we do, we must make sure that the Lord is with us.
- We must not do things in our own strength or in our own wisdom.
- The ‘rod of God’ was a symbol that the Lord was with them.
- Now, as you face the day, take hold of His hand, and He will give you the victory.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, because You are close beside me. Your rod and Your staff protect and comfort me. Amen.