Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 55:18
‘He (the Lord) rescues me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me.’
- We all face battles, challenges and the issues of life.
- The Lord wants to come and rescue you unharmed from the battles.
- There may be many facets to the challenges you face today.
- The Lord will rescue and deliver you as you continue to trust Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are the one who wants to rescue me unharmed from the battles I am facing. You are my deliverer and I can place my life in Your hands with confidence and hope! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 23:14
‘David stayed in the strongholds of the wilderness and in the hill country. Saul hunted him day after day, but God didn't let Saul find him.’
- When the Lord is your protection, nothing and no one can touch you.
- The enemy of your soul seeks to destroy you.
- But if God be for you, who can be against you?
- Live under the shadow of His wings and rest secure and undisturbed.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are the one who can protect, preserve and keep me. You know what I am facing and what I am up against and You can bring me through victorious. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 32:7
‘You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble.’
- The Lord is your sacred hiding place, your place of safety and security.
- He wants to come a fill your heart with the hope of deliverance.
- Whenever you are afraid you can place your trust in Him.
- You are strong in the strength of the Lord in your life.
Prayer: Lord, come and fill my heart today with the strength that only comes from You. I choose You as my sacred hideaway. I will trust in You! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 40:3
‘He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God.’
- What type of song are you singing on a daily basis?
- Is it a song of despair and discouragement or a song of hope and confidence?
- The Lord wants to come and put a new song in your mouth.
- He wants to give you a song of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness.
Prayer: Lord, I ask that You will come and give me a new song in my spirit. Remove all the cares and burdens and cause my heart to leap again. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 28:7
‘The LORD is MY strength and MY shield; MY heart trusts in Him, and I am helped!’
- The Lord is the source of both natural and spiritual strength.
- He gives us His strength in the midst of our weakness and despair.
- Let His strength be the strength of your heart no matter what you are facing.
- Don’t place your trust in things that fail, trust in Him with all your heart.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for placing my hope in the wrong things. I choose to trust, rely on and believe in You with all my heart, and as a result I know that You will help me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 33:21 (NLT)
‘In Him (the Lord) our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.’
- Trusting in God is what brings His help into our circumstances.
- The outflow of trusting Him is that He can work and bring deliverance.
- When we see what He has done it give us reason to rejoice and be glad.
- Let us rejoice in His mighty power and His faithfulness to every promise.
Prayer: Lord, my heart rejoices in You. My trust, my expectation and my confidence is in You, my Lord and my God. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 16:22
‘So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy.’
- We have this eternal hope that we will see our Lord face to face.
- Things may go rough during our earthly existence.
- But we are eternal spiritual beings having a temporary earthly experience.
- No one can rob you of the joy of knowing you will see your Lord and God.
Prayer: Lord, I long for the day when I will see You face to face. What a joy it is to know that one day I will see You and I can look forward to that with wonder and expectation. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 14:1
‘Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe in Me as well.’
- How easy it is to allow our hearts to become troubled and concerned.
- If we look around at circumstances there will be plenty of reason to fear.
- But we have a wonderful Heavenly Father who loves and cares for us.
- Your Saviour loves you and He tells you not to let your heart be troubled.
Prayer: Lord, I believe in You and I know that You are my Father. I will trust and rest in You and I will not let my heart be troubled, but I will believe. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 3:16
Thus says the LORD, 'Make this valley full of trenches.'
- Sometimes the Lord can ask us to do the strangest of things.
- We may not even understand why He tells us to do or say certain things.
- When this happens you can know that the Lord is setting you up for a miracle.
- Let’s obey His instructions, even if we don’t understand, and see what He will do.
Prayer: Lord, may I be found faithful in obeying what You lead and tell me to do. I know that you can take simple acts of obedience and they can result in wonderful miracles from Your hand. Amen.