Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 46:10
‘Be still, and know that I am God.’
- In the world in which we live things can become very overwhelming.
- Before we know it, we can give in to worry, fear and doubt.
- That is why we need to pause and remind ourselves that God is still God.
- When we can still our hearts and remember this, we can rest secure.
Prayer: Lord, I take this moment to become still and to remind myself of Your great love and power. My life is safely in Your hands, and therefore my heart and my soul can be at peace and at rest in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 1:7
‘For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.’
- Living in fear is not part of God’s plan for you!
- He comes to give us what we need to be able to overcome fear and dread.
- He wants to fill us with His power, His love and give us a sound mind.
- Don’t entertain fear, but walk in His power and in His love.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your gift of power, Your gift of love and for the fact that I can have a sound mind. I choose these things over any fears and doubts that may come against me and I choose to trust You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 121:2
‘My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.’
- You are never utterly helpless, because the Lord (your Helper) is with you.
- You don’t need to feel helpless, because your help comes from the Lord.
- When you feel like you have nowhere to turn, turn to Him.
- There is nothing that is too difficult for Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that my help comes from You. I will look to You for the help that I need and I will not entertain helplessness or despair because my God is my Helper. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 4:18 CEV
‘God promised Abraham a lot of descendants. And when it all seemed hopeless, Abraham still had faith in God...’
- You and I are designed to live with hope that is alive within us.
- Hope, is the thing that gets you up in the morning.
- Hope, is the thing that sustains you through each day.
- When things seem hopeless, keep on believing and have faith in God.
Prayer: Lord, I reject all hopelessness and despair that has found a place in my heart. You are my God, and in spite of how things may seem, I will continue to trust in You, believing and holding on to my faith and confidence in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 4:18
‘So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.’
- What we focus our attention on is vitally important for our wellbeing.
- If we are consumed by the troubles of the day, it will undermine our faith.
- So let’s choose to fix our eyes on the Lord, and His eternal love and care for us.
- He is eternal and what He does, no man can hinder or stop.
Prayer: Lord, help me not to get overwhelmed by the things that I see and hear going on around me. May my heart and my mind constantly be reminded of Your ongoing lovingkindness and tender mercies towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 54:10
‘Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor My covenant of peace be removed,’ says the LORD, Who has compassion on you.
- Turbulent times will happen, but they do not undo the truth about God.
- Circumstances can be very unstable, but His love for you is constant and sure.
- His love for you will never be shaken or removed – it will remain.
- He knows that you face uncertain times, and He still loves and cares for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that in the midst of uncertain times that I can still have full confidence in Your love and care for me. I will rest in Your unfailing love and in Your covenant of peace towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 41:13
‘I am the LORD your God Who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.’
- As a child my mother would take hold of my hand as we crossed the street.
- God wants to come and take hold of your hand as you navigate life.
- The Lord sees the bigger picture and so holding onto Him makes sense.
- He holds you because He loves you and He wants to help you and protect you.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will come and take hold of my hand today. I need You in my life and I need You to help me as I navigate my way through each day of my life. Thank You that I can know that You will help me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 119:114
‘You are my hiding place and my shield; I put my hope in Your Word.’
- How awesome it is to know that God is our hiding place.
- He is the place where you can feel secure, loved, and protected.
- You can hold onto His Word and His promises for your life.
- He will never let you go and His arms of love surround you.
Prayer: Lord, today I choose to come to You and to find my ‘safe place’ in You. Your Word reassures me of Your constant unfailing love and protection, and under Your wings I am safe. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 112:4
‘Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.’
- Life is a series of seasons through which we pass.
- Some seasons are filled with light, hope and positive expectations.
- Some seasons are difficult and it is like going through a storm.
- No matter what we go through, His light will arise on us as we follow Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the promise of Your light in my life. No amount of darkness can extinguish the light that comes from You. I ask that You will flood my life with Your light. Amen.