Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:13
‘For I can do everything through Christ, Who gives me strength.’
- His presence in our lives changes the dynamic of everything around us.
- It takes us from being overcome to becoming overcomers.
- It takes us from struggling and striving to flourishing and thriving.
- Let His strength invade your life, and you will do what seemed impossible.
Prayer: Lord, I ask that You will give me Your strength right now. I don’t want to operate under my own power, but I want to operate in Your strength and in Your enabling power. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:7
‘The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds.’
- His peace in your life can be a living, daily reality.
- His peace is actually a gift that you need to reach out and take hold of.
- His peace is something you can enjoy even when circumstances look distressful.
- His peace brings peace into the two main areas of doubt: our hearts and our minds.
Prayer: Lord, I give You my heart and mind today. I ask You to come, by Your Spirit, and fill these areas of my life with Your peace today. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:8
‘Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honourable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.’
- Our thought-life has a profound influence on the type of lives we live.
- If we think fear and dread, we will live in fear and dread.
- If we think hope and blessing, we will live in hope and blessing.
- Don’t allow your thoughts to dictate to you, fix your thoughts on the Lord.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for sometimes allowing my thoughts to produce a harvest of fear and doubt. I fix my thoughts on You today. Fill my life with confident and expectant hope in You, for You are my strength and hope. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:6
‘Don't worry (or be anxious) about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.’
- Worry, stress and anxiety are not part of the Lord’s plan for our lives.
- He wants us to live in dependence on Him,
- We do this as we bring our concerns, stresses and cares to Him in prayer.
- As we live in thankful dependence on Him, we can know rest and peace in our hearts.
Prayer: Lord, today I give You all my cares and concerns. I choose not to be anxious about anything, but instead I choose to bring all these things and place them at Your feet, because You are more capable of handling them than I am. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:4
‘Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again - rejoice!’
- You and I were designed, by the Lord, to live with His joy in our hearts.
- Don’t allow anything, including the enemy, to steal your joy.
- Hold on to your joy and allow His joy to fill your heart and soul.
- Rejoice, and find what there is to be thankful for and be thankful.
Prayer: Lord, fill me with Your joy, I pray. I choose to rejoice and find my fulfilment in You and You alone. May Your joy be a reality and an ongoing experience in my life! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 3:14
‘I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize…’
- You and I are called to press on and not give up.
- Giving up or throwing in the towel is not an option for us.
- We must fight the good fight, we must press on in this race that lies before us.
- Don’t be discouraged, press on and remember there is a heavenly prize!
Prayer: Lord, I choose to press on. I lay down what is in the past and I look forward to what lies ahead. May I run my race with endurance and determination, knowing that in the end I will receive the reward that You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 1:21
‘For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.’
- Each day of our lives needs to be lived with purpose and vision.
- Our purpose and vision is to live for our Saviour and to serve Him in everything.
- Today matters, so live in such a way that your life brings honour to Him.
- When our earthly life is over, only what was done for Him will last.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can live my life in celebration and honour of You. I choose to live a life that is pleasing to You and one day when I see You face to face it will all be worth it. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 1:6
‘I am certain that God, Who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished.’
- We are all a work in progress!
- The Lord is not finished with you yet and He will continue to work in your life.
- The work He does in our lives is always a ‘good’ work with the prospect of wonderful things.
- The good work that He is doing within you is an ongoing process, but it will be completed.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are at work in my life. You are doing a wonderful and a good work in line with Your purposes and plans for my life. I embrace Your work in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 1:3
‘I give thanks to my God for every remembrance of you!’
- The Lord brings different people into our lives and we should appreciate them.
- As you look back over your life can you recall people who have been a blessing?
- Let us be thankful to the Lord for those He brings into our lives.
- Let our lives also be a blessing, so that others will remember us with thankfulness.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the people I have in my life and those who You have brought across my path. I pray for those people in my sphere of influence and pray that I will be a source of blessing in their lives because You are alive in me. Amen.