Daily Bible Verse: 1 Timothy 6:11
‘Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.’
- The things that we pursue are very important in our daily lives.
- Pursuing the right things brings life, pursuing the wrong things can destroy us.
- We should pursue what is good and shun what is evil and inappropriate.
- Let us be those who will cling to the Lord and pursue what pleases and honours Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can choose what I will pursue and make a priority in my life. I choose YOU and I choose to live a life that honours You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 30:11
‘You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy.’
- Turning situations around for the good, is part of the wonderful nature of God.
- The Lord is able to turn things around, change things and even overturn things.
- His hand in your life can take your heavy steps and turn them into leaps of joy.
- Give all your weights and the burdens to Him and let Him turn things around.
Prayer: Lord, You know the struggles I am facing. You know the battle that rages in my heart and mind. I give You my cares and concerns and I will trust You to turn things around for my good. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 23:6
‘Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.’
- You can be reassured of the Lord’s grace and care for you each day.
- He knows the days of our lives and He planned and purposed each one.
- As His child, your eternal destiny is settled and secure.
- As we walk the road of life, He will watch over and pursue us with His love.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your goodness and mercy on my life. May I rest secure in You with the full knowledge that You know and understand me and have a plan for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 42:11b (TPT)
‘For I know my God will break through for me.’
- We need to consciously put our hope and confidence in the Lord.
- Hope is that confidence that God will come through for us.
- May I challenge you to put your hope in God!
- He can turn darkness to light, sadness to joy and trouble to triumph.
Prayer: Lord, today, I consciously and by way of a quality decision, place my hope and confidence in You. Be the Lord of my life and the Rock on which I stand. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 42:11a (TPT)
So I say to my soul, ‘Don’t be discouraged. Don’t be disturbed.'
- There are so many things that can come and discourage and disturb us.
- We are often faced with such challenging situations and circumstances.
- We can either allow them to overwhelm us, or we can choose to trust the Lord.
- One word from the Lord can turn things around at any moment.
Prayer: Lord, I speak to my own soul and I tell myself that I will not be discouraged, and I will not be disturbed or distressed, because You are with me and I will trust You even when I don’t understand. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 16:5 (GNT)
‘You, LORD, are all I have, and You give me all I need; my future is in Your hands.’
- What a wonderful joy to know that our futures are in the Lord’s hands.
- We don’t have to work everything out or solve every situation.
- He is in control and He is our provider and source.
- Give every concern, worry and care to Him, and He will take care of you.
Prayer: Lord, I place my life and my future into Your hands. You are my source and so I will keep my eyes on You and see how You will undertake for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Lamentations 3:24 (GNT)
‘The LORD is all I have, and so in Him I put my hope.’
- When we realise that the Lord is all we have, we realise that we have all that we need.
- Don’t put your hope in other things, put your hope in Him.
- Deep in your heart say, ‘The LORD is all I need; I can depend on Him!’
- For this reason you can have hope and be filled with confidence.
Prayer: Lord, You are my Alpha and Omega. You are my beginning and my end. All of my hope and confidence is in You and I look to You for everything that I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Lamentations 3:23
‘Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.’
- We need to remind ourselves that the Lord is faithful, and His faithfulness is great.
- He has been our Faithful One in the past and He is our hope for the year to come.
- In addition, He comes and makes His new mercies available to us on a daily basis.
- Embrace, take hold and receive his new mercies for today and for this new year.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your fresh, new mercies that are available to me right now. Help me to face this year fully persuaded that You are faithful, and that I have nothing to fear. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Timothy 4:12
‘Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.’
- You and I have a purpose and plan to fulfil.
- We should be like shining lights and examples to those around us.
- Regardless of whether you are young or old, let His light shine through you.
- His light, shining through us, can change the world in which we live.
Prayer: Lord, may Your light shine through me so that all those around me will be aware of Your presence and may hope flood their souls as a result of my example. Amen.