Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 15:11
‘Who is like You, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like You, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, DOING WONDERS?’
- We serve a wonder-working God.
- He is our way maker, our miracle worker, and our promise keeper.
- He keeps turning lives and circumstances around.
- He keeps bringing light into darkness and He mends our broken hearts.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that You are my way maker, my miracle worker, and my promise keeper. You perform wonders and miracles on my behalf. There is no one like You, and I will trust and be strong in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 14:30
‘THAT day the LORD saved Israel from the hands of the Egyptians…’
- There comes a moment in time when the Lord turns things around.
- You may think that things will never change or be different.
- But in His perfect timing, He steps in and intervenes.
- As you trust the Lord, believe for ‘that day’ when He will act.
Prayer: Lord, I believe in You. You promise and You fulfil Your promises. I will trust in You, knowing that You can turn things around at any moment, maybe even today. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 14:29
‘But the Israelites walked through the sea on dry ground…’
- The Lord can make a way through the most impossible of situations.
- When our backs are against a wall, He can open up a new avenue.
- When we face the ‘sea of despair’, He has a wonderful plan.
- When all hope is gone, we can trust in His love and mercy.
Prayer: Lord, You made a way through the sea for Your people. You opened up the waters, and dried out the ground, so that they could escape the enemy that was pursuing them. Do the same for me, I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 14:14
‘The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.’
- The Lord can step into any situation and take over the battle.
- In the midst of the chaos and confusion, HE can bring the victory.
- Sometimes our ideas and thoughts just get in the way of His plan.
- We need to get to that place where we are still, so that He can fight for us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are fighting for me. I will trust and rest in You, knowing that You are in control. I surrender my heart, my life, and my situation, into Your powerful hands. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 14:13
‘Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the LORD rescue you today.’
- Sometimes our strength comes in quietness and confidence.
- Rushing around in desperation, often just aggravates things.
- We can stand strong, (still), in our confidence in God.
- Do not fear, when you can do nothing, it must be left to Him
Prayer: Lord, I can always have hope, because You are with me. Help me in my desperation, not to become distressed, but help me to realise that You will come through for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 121:5
‘The LORD is your Keeper: the LORD is your shade upon your right hand.’
- The Lord is the One Who protects and preserves you.
- He will keep you and place a hedge of protection around you.
- Shade is protection against the harshness of the sun.
- HE will be your shade, especially in areas where you are vulnerable and exposed.
Prayer: Lord, thank You, that I can trust You with my life. You are the Keeper of my soul. Your protection (shade) is something I so desperately need. Be my protection and my defence, I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 13:22
‘The LORD did not remove the pillar of cloud or pillar of fire from its place in front of the people.’
- The pillar of cloud and fire was a constant reminder that God was with them.
- If the people ever doubted, they could just look up and know HE was there.
- The knowledge that the Lord is with us is the most reassuring fact.
- Look up, the Lord Himself is with you, and His presence will go with you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your ever-present, abiding presence in my life. When I feel discouraged, may I just ‘look up’ and remind myself that You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 11:22
‘By faith Joseph, when his end was near, spoke about the exodus of the Israelites and gave instructions about his bones.’
- Even when Joseph was on his death bed, he was convinced of God’s faithfulness.
- Even when there was no evidence of what he hoped for, he believed.
- He knew a time would come when things would change and be different.
- He could do this because his faith and confidence in God, was strong.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that my faith will be strengthened. I choose to believe You and believe that You have good things prepared for me. I will not allow anything that I go through to undermine my confidence in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 13:19 (NLT)
He (Joseph) said, ‘God will certainly come to help you.’
- Joseph was sure that God would come and help His people.
- You can also be sure that the Lord will come and help you.
- You can be convinced and persuaded that HE will not abandon you.
- No matter how difficult things may look, He certainly will help you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the assurance, that I can have, that You will step into my situation and help me. May I never forget that there is nothing that is too difficult for You. Amen.