Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 17:1
‘I am God Almighty; walk before Me faithfully and be blameless.’
- As children of God we are called to live a different life.
- If we realised that the Lord was watching us, we would live differently.
- No part of our lives is hidden from His sight.
- So let us walk our individual journey in a way that honours Him.
Prayer: Lord, I recognise that You are the almighty, living God. I surrender myself to You and choose to walk faithfully and blamelessly before You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 14:16
‘Lift up your staff, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it…’
- Obedience to the instructions we get from the Lord can lead to wonderful results.
- Often it’s in the simple things He tells us to do that we can see the greatest results.
- Let us obey the promptings and leading that He places within our hearts.
- He is the One who does the miracle, we are the ones who should do His bidding.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for not always responding to the things I feel You prompt me to do. I choose to obey, even in the simple things, knowing that You are a miracle-working God. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 9:13
‘I have placed My rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of My covenant with you and with all the earth.’
- The Lord is faithful in all His promises to us.
- He placed a rainbow in the sky as a sign of His covenant with Noah.
- This sign is also a reminder to us that the Lord will be faithful.
- Expect His faithfulness, believe in His faithfulness and rest in His faithfulness.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are a faithful, covenant keeping God. I choose to remind myself of Your faithful character on which I can depend. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 14:21
‘Then Moses raised his hand over the sea, and the LORD opened up a path through the water with a strong east wind.’
- The Lord can work wondrous miracles in your situation.
- He can open up solutions that look impossible from human perspectives.
- He can use the most unlikely things to bring about an answer in a situation.
- You serve a big God and nothing is too difficult for Him.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will move in my situation. May the wind of Your Spirit come and blow away the obstacles and make a way for me to move forward and into Your plan and purpose for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 8:1
‘God remembered Noah…’
- The Lord will not forget you or His promises to you.
- Noah had faced a great flood, but the Lord did not leave him in the flood.
- The Lord intervened and the floods and storms came to an end.
- No matter how great the flood or how dark the storm, HE will remember you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You have promised never to leave me nor forsake me. You will remember me and bring me through the storms of life because I am Your child. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 3:20
‘Now all glory to God, Who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.’
- What a wonderful thought to think that His mighty power is at work within us.
- He is busy working in our hearts and lives for a greater purpose.
- The Lord wants to see even greater things accomplished through your life.
- Don’t settle for less, believe for His best and give Him all the glory.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are busy working in my life. I embrace Your workings within me and I look forward to the wonderful things that You are going to do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 3:6
‘In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.’
- Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.
- Remember the LORD in everything you do, and He will show you the right way.
- Always let Him lead you, and He will clear the road for you to follow.
- Give Him first place and He will take you where you need to go.
Prayer: Lord, I choose Your will and Your way for my life. I don’t want to do my own thing, but I want to follow Your leading and guiding. Show me the right paths so that I can walk in Your ways. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:7 NLT
‘You will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.’
- As we live a life of dependence on the Lord, we can know His peace in our lives.
- There is something about His peace that we can never fully grasp or understand.
- It is for this reason that we can know peace even when circumstances look alarming.
- May you experience His peace right now and may it even surprise you!
Prayer: Lord, I long to experience and enjoy more of Your peace in my daily life. I cast all of my cares onto You right now and I ask You to fill me with Your peace and joy. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 8:39
‘No power in the sky above or in the earth below - indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God.’
- How great is our Heavenly Father’s love for us.
- His love is vast and beyond all ability to measure.
- Nothing has the power or the ability to separate us from His love for us.
- We just need to open our hearts and receive His love for ourselves.
Prayer: Lord, today I stretch out my arms and I receive Your great love for me. I declare that I am loved by my Saviour and Lord and nothing can separate me from this love. Amen.