Daily Bible Verse: Romans 8:38-39
‘For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future… will be able to separate us from the love of God.’
- The love of God towards you is something you can be sure of.
- You are valuable and precious to God, and He loves you.
- Nothing, absolutely nothing can separate or remove His love from you.
- You may face challenges, but that does not remove His love for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great love for me. I am blessed because I am loved by my Heavenly Father, and nothing in all of creation can separate me from His great love for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:28
‘For You will light my lamp; the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.’
- It is the Lord Who brings light and hope into our lives.
- Even if your light is extinguished, He will come and light your lamp.
- He will never abandon us to languish in darkness.
- He will step into our lives and bring the light and hope that we need.
Prayer: Lord, I need You to come and bring new light and new hope into my heart and life. Remove the darkness and despair, and fill me with the light that only You can give. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 119:105
‘Your Word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.’
- The path of our lives is a path that we travel with the Lord.
- He is actively involved in our lives to guide and to lead us.
- He brings light into our situations and along our unique path.
- Let His light flood your path and rely on His light to guide you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I do not need to do life on my own. You are with me, and You come to bring light and hope into my heart and into my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Zechariah 9:12
‘Return to the stronghold, you prisoners of hope. Even today I declare that I will restore double to you.’
- Our true and lasting hope can only be found in God.
- We can look to so many things for the hope and expectations we have.
- In the end, we need to come back to the Source of hope, our Stronghold.
- Not only will He restore our hope, but He will also restore our lives.
Prayer: Lord, just knowing that You are in my life, fills my heart with hope. I choose to trust in and rely on You. May my life overflow with hope, and restore my life as I trust in and rely on You alone. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 9:16
‘When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth.’
- The reminders of God’s greatness and faithfulness can be seen all around us.
- His promise and His eternal covenant with you will never be broken.
- So remind yourself of His faithfulness and His lovingkindness towards you.
- Expect the best, believe in His goodness and walk in His peace.
Prayer: Lord, today I choose to pause and remember that You are a faithful God. I take this moment to remind myself that You are a covenant-keeping God. You will be faithful to me, and I will see Your goodness in the land of the living. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 46:7
‘The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our Fortress.’
- As His child you never need to feel alone or abandoned.
- The Almighty God is your Refuge and your Fortress.
- You can run to Him and find shelter when things seem overwhelming.
- He is the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, and He will protect you.
Prayer: Lord, in the midst of the storms of life, I recognise that You are with me and that You are my ‘safe place’ and my Refuge. I look to You as the One Who is the ‘Almighty One’ in my life and in my situation. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 4:17
‘But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength… and I was delivered from the lion’s mouth.’
- Right now the Lord is standing with you to strengthen you.
- Become aware of His presence in your life.
- Don’t allow the issues of life to crowd out His presence in your life.
- His presence and His strength will bring you through what you are facing.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that at this very moment in time, You are with me. You are standing at my side, and You are holding my life in Your hands. Therefore I will trust and believe that You have everything under control. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 2:1
‘You therefore, My child, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.’
- We are called to be strong.
- The strength that we need does not come from within ourselves.
- This strength comes from our connection to our Lord and Saviour.
- In Christ you will find grace, and flowing out of that grace there is strength.
Prayer: Lord, may the living reality of Your grace become even more real in my life. May I know and experience for myself Your great love and grace towards me and may I be constantly strengthened as a result. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 6:10
‘Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.’
- True strength comes from our connection with the Lord.
- Out of our relationship with Him comes strength and power.
- We have a heavenly source of divine strength in our lives.
- We cannot do without it; we need His strength and His mighty power.
Prayer: Lord, today I declare my dependence on You. You are the strong Foundation and I choose to walk away from my fears and doubts, and I choose to be strong in You and to know Your mighty power flowing in and through me. Amen.