Daily Bible Verse: John 14:27
‘Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled; do not be afraid.’
- To be unsettled, rattled, and disturbed is not God’s plan for you.
- He comes to bring, and give you His peace.
- He reassures you that He offers you more than the world can ever give you.
- So let go of your troubled heart and do not be fearful.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your gift of peace. Thank You that I can exchange my troubled heart and my fear for Your peace and comfort. You know all things, and therefore I do not need to be anxious and fearful, because You are with me, and Your peace drives away my fear. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 31:3
‘I have loved you with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to Myself.’
- The love of God towards you is greater than you could ever imagine.
- His love reaches to the greatest and the lowest places we find ourselves in.
- God’s love for you endures and it stands the test of time.
- You are loved by Him and His unfailing love will carry and sustain you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great love towards me. May I never doubt Your endless, pure, and faithful love for me. May my heart be reassured and rest secure in Your boundless and limitless love for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 11:41
Then Jesus looked up and said, ‘Father, I thank You that You have heard me.’
- When we call upon the Lord, we can know that He hears our cry.
- Our Saviour had complete confidence in His Father.
- You can have complete confidence in your Heavenly Father.
- You too can say: ‘Father, I thank You that You have heard me.’
Prayer: Lord, I look to You and I thank You that You have heard my cry. You will direct my step and You will guide me, You will lead me, and You will take me by my hand. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 10:42
‘And many believed in Him...’
- You and I are called to be believers.
- Doubt, disbelief and uncertainty should have no place in our lives.
- We belong to Him, we are His children and we can trust and believe.
- Step away from doubt and fear and choose to believe in Him now!
Prayer: Lord, I reject all my doubts and fears and I choose to doubt my doubts and to exchange my disbelief for faith, and my hesitation for complete confidence in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 10:41
‘John didn’t perform miraculous signs,’ they remarked to one another, ‘but everything he said about this Man (Jesus) has come true.’
- Your life may not be remarkable, but your words can make a difference.
- People remembered what John the Baptist had said long after his death.
- So speak up about how great God is, tell of His power and His greatness.
- Words are like seeds, we plant them and they produce their own harvest.
Prayer: Lord, may my mouth never be filled with idle words, but may my mouth speak of Your faithfulness and loving-kindness. May I be remembered for reminding people that they can trust and rely on You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 9:10
‘Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might...’
- We should take advantage of every opportunity the Lord brings across our path.
- Even in difficult times, we should not resign ourselves to doing nothing.
- There is always another step we can take, another avenue to pursue.
- Giving up is not an option, putting one foot in front of the other, is the answer.
Prayer: Lord, help me to be able to see the opportunities that You bring across my path, help me to see the open doors that You have prepared for me, and give me the courage to move forward with determination. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 9:4
‘We must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the One Who sent us. The night is coming, and then no one can work.’
- The Lord has a purpose and a plan with your life.
- You are not here by accident with no destiny or purpose.
- Do what He gives you to do, and be a blessing where you can.
- This is the season to show kindness and love to others.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be a blessing to those around me. Show me how I can be a blessing, and to whom I can be a blessing, so that Your love can touch the lives of others, through me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 5:16
‘In the same way, let your light shine before others…’
- As His children we are called to be different.
- We should not be spreading darkness and despair.
- We should reflect His light into the darkness around us.
- Let your light shine, and be a source of hope to others.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be dedicated to You, in all I do and say, and may my presence bring hope, healing and life, into the lives of those I come in contact with. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Kings 3:5
That night the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream, and God said, ‘What do you want? Ask, and I will give it to you!’
- It is so important to bring our requests to the Lord.
- The pattern of heaven is that we would ask, and that opens the way to receive.
- As we ask, we establish a connection between ourselves and the Giver.
- We have not, because we ask not.
Prayer: Lord, today I come and stand in Your Holy presence to bring my requests and petitions to You. Right now, I ask for a miracle in my situation. You are the Giver of every good and perfect gift and I look to You, for my situation. Amen.