Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 7:24
‘Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.’
- We all want to build our lives in a way that leaves a lasting effect.
- None of us wants to live lives that are wasted.
- The key is to take God’s Word and apply it to our lives.
- When we do this we are acting with wisdom, like wise men and women.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to build my life with wisdom and guidance from You. I want to be a wise person who builds my house (life) on the Rock! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 1:22
‘Do not merely listen to the Word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says!’
- Listening to what the Lord says is only one step in the process.
- If we listen, and it does not result in action, we are stepping into deception.
- The moment we listen, hear, and apply it to our lives, something shifts.
- As a result of this shift we can move into the Lord’s plans for our lives.
Prayer: Lord, may I not be someone who will just listen to Your words and not apply them to my life. Help me to be a doer of Your word and help me to apply Your word to my life so that I can be all that You intended for me to be. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 3:19
‘Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.’
- Turning to God is a great privilege we all can take advantage of.
- He has ‘times of refreshing’ in store for you.
- Why settle for barrenness when you can enjoy times of refreshing.
- So don’t let anything get in the way of God’s blessing for you.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for those things that I have done that have displeased you. I want to enjoy the ‘times of refreshing’ that You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 51:1
‘Have mercy on me, O God, because of Your unfailing love. Because of Your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins.’
- Every day His mercy is new and you and I can begin again.
- Each day we can come to Him for forgiveness and help.
- His love is unfailing and that means He will not fail you.
- Receive His mercy and His grace today.
Prayer: Lord, have mercy on me, because of Your unfailing love. Blot out the stain of my sins because of Your great compassion. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 4:3
‘Let us fetch (bring back) the ark of the covenant of the LORD!’
- The Ark of the Covenant represented the presence of God to the nation of Israel.
- They knew that without His presence in their lives they were lost.
- They did everything in their power to make sure His presence was with them.
- You and I cannot do without the Lord and His presence in our daily lives.
Prayer: Lord, I recognise that I need You and Your presence in my life. With You in my life I can walk in victory and I can overcome any obstacle that may come my way. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 13:9
‘The light of the righteous shines brightly.’
- You can be a source of light and hope to those around you.
- Your little light can shine brightly.
- No amount of darkness can snuff out the light of a single candle.
- So shine on and bring light into the world around you.
Prayer: Lord, may my light so shine that others will know that You are my LORD and may I be a source of hope and strength to others. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 17:7
‘Get up,’ HE said. ‘Don't be afraid.’
- Circumstances and situations can get us down and discouraged.
- But there comes a time where we must arise above the situation.
- The Lord wants us to arise and ‘get up’ and take on His plan for us.
- Let us step forward with boldness and courage and rise to the occasion.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to arise from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept me. I choose to rise to a new life! May I shine and be radiant with your glory on my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 1:21
‘So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word HE has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.’
- There is no need for us to carry the baggage of sin in our lives.
- We can deal with these things and ask the Lord to forgive and cleanse us.
- The Lord has much better things in store for us.
- His life in our lives has the power to bring about change and save our souls.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your mighty working power that is at work within my life. I choose to give You the ‘right of way’ in my life and I embrace Your words in my heart. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 1:19
‘Take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.’
- The Bible gives us certain keys to enjoying a peaceful and a blessed life.
- There are things that we need to take note of and that we should apply to our lives.
- We should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.
- If we will apply this to our lives, things will change and work out for our good.
Prayer: Lord, I choose Your way and Your advice over my own thoughts and opinions. Help me not to get distracted and reactionary in my choices, but may I pause long enough to hear Your voice, and respond as You would have me do. Amen.