Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 17:9
Moses said to Joshua, ‘Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the staff (rod) of God in my hands.’
- Wherever we go and whatever we do, we must make sure that the Lord is with us.
- We must not do things in our own strength or in our own wisdom.
- The ‘rod of God’ was a symbol that the Lord was with them.
- Now, as you face the day, take hold of His hand, and He will give you the victory.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, because You are close beside me. Your rod and Your staff protect and comfort me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 43:19
‘See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.’
- We are living in a time of great global change.
- Things are not as they were, and the new buzzword is ‘the new normal’.
- Perhaps, in all of this, the Lord is also bringing about something new.
- Let us be ready, flexible, and willing to embrace the new things He has for us.
Prayer: Lord, when You do something new, it is always with the prospect of better things. Help me to be ready to embrace the new, with the full knowledge that You will make a way in the wilderness, and streams in the desert for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 17:6
‘Strike the rock, and water will come gushing out. Then the people will be able to drink.’ So Moses struck the rock as he was told, and water gushed out…'
- The Lord knew His people needed water and He did an impossible thing.
- At the instruction of God, Moses struck the rock and water gushed out.
- In this way God showed Himself to be gracious and merciful.
- The Lord is your Provider, so expect and believe for His provision, in your life.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can trust You with every aspect and detail of my life. You can cause water to gush out of a rock to bring relief and blessing, and, in the same way, I will trust You to work a miracle in my situation. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 16:10
‘They looked toward the desert, and there in the cloud the glory of the LORD appeared.’
- What an awesome and wonderful moment this must have been.
- In one moment in time, the glory and wonder of God appeared for all to see.
- The desert is not the usual place to see such a wonderful thing.
- As you look out over your life, expect His glory to appear to you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me and Your hand is on my life. I long to see more of Your greatness and wonder in my life. As I look to You, may I see more than I have ever seen before. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 11:4
He said, ‘This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it.’
- Often the challenges we go through seem like they could destroy us.
- Difficulties, however, can have another purpose altogether.
- The Lord can take the challenge and turn it into something for His glory.
- HE can use the test, and turn it into a testimony for His glory.
Prayer: Lord, You know what I am facing and what I am going through. Help me to realise that the stumbling blocks in life, can become the steppingstones to the better things You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 16:7
‘In the morning you will see the glory of the LORD…’
- Morning by morning we can anticipate seeing more of His glory.
- Each day is a wonderful gift that He places before us.
- His mercies and love are new and fresh, with each new day.
- Today is no exception, look up and look out for more of His glory.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for each new day that You give to me. I realise that each new day is a gift and that that gift is for me. Together with that gift is the hope of Your goodness, faithfulness, and provision. I will be forever thankful, and expectant. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 16:4b
‘Each day the people can go out and pick up as much food as they need for that day.’
- Each day, the Lord will provide us with what we need for that day.
- He taught us to pray: ‘Give us this day (today) our daily bread.’
- Do not allow dissatisfaction and greed to cause you to want more.
- Receive what He gives and supplies you with, and expect Him to be faithful.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are the One who gives us our daily bread. You are my Breadwinner, and I will live with this constant expectation that You will provide for my needs. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 16:4a
Then the LORD said to Moses, ‘I will rain down bread from heaven for you.’
- Providing for our daily needs, is something that is important to the Lord.
- In this situation, the Lord gave them bread from heaven to supply their needs.
- This ‘bread from heaven’ was a Divine supply to meet the needs.
- The Lord is also your Provider, so look to Him and His supply for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You have promised to supply my needs. I realise that the help You give, may not come in the form that I had expected, but You know what is best for me, and so I simply look to You, because You will provide. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 15:13
‘With Your unfailing love You lead the people You have redeemed. In Your might, You guide them to Your sacred home.’
- Remember the Lord’s unfailing love for you.
- In His love, He does not abandon us, but He leads us step by step.
- His ultimate plan is that we would be with Him forever.
- On the path of life, He is always there to love, lead and guide us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your unfailing, never-ending, faithful, and persistent love for me. Thank You that You will lead me, and You will guide me, and in Your house, forevermore, my dwelling place will be. Amen.