Daily Bible Verse: Mark 14:6
But HE (the Lord) said, ‘Leave her alone.’
- The Lord will not allow you to endure more than He knows you can handle.
- At some point He will declare; ‘That is enough!’ and step in.
- The Lord knows how much you are carrying and enduring.
- At just the right moment, He will say; ‘No more!’ and turn things around.
Prayer: Lord, You know all things. You know what I am going through and experiencing. Thank You that You are alert and watching, and You will not allow me to be overwhelmed, but You will step in and rescue me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Mark 9:27
‘But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him to his feet, and he stood up.’
- This is exactly what the Lord wants to do for you.
- He wants to come, take your hand, lift you up, and help you stand.
- Life may have knocked you down, and left you in the dust.
- But He is here, to lift you out of the miry clay and on to solid ground.
Prayer: Lord, here I am, reaching out my hand to Yours. Take hold of my hand, lift me up and help me stand. For, apart from You, I can do nothing. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Mark 6:34
‘HE (The Lord) saw the huge crowd as He stepped from the boat, and He had compassion on them…’
- The Lord is merciful and gracious, and filled with compassion.
- His mercies and His compassion towards you, never ends.
- Your situation does not overwhelm Him, He is ready to extend His love and grace.
- Expect His compassion, believe in His compassion, and receive His compassion.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that in the busyness of life, You are still moved with compassion towards me. I know that You will step into my situation and bring hope and restoration. In Your great faithfulness, Your love will always be there, to lift me up and to carry me through. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Mark 6:30b
‘…and they told HIM all things, whatever they had done, and whatever they had taught.’
- One of the joys in life, is to be able to talk things over with the Lord.
- The disciples would meet with the Lord and talk about things that had happened.
- You can also take time to meet with the Lord, and share your experiences.
- You will find that He is not too busy, to hear your heart’s cry.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are always there for me. You are always ready to listen and to hear me when I call on You. May I know the secret of Your presence in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Mark 5:36
‘Stop being afraid! Just keep on believing.’
- It is easy to trust the Lord in the brightness of the daytime of our lives.
- But to trust Him in the darkness, or in the night season, calls for faith.
- When hope is lost, and the end seems inevitable, He tells us to believe.
- Fear and faith cannot walk together, so do not be afraid – believe.
Prayer: Lord, in the midst of the challenges, I know that You are with me. I choose faith over doubt, and I choose to believe, and not to entertain fear and dread. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 16:13
‘Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.’
- Perseverance is part of our walk of faith.
- Giving up and throwing in the towel, is not the solution.
- We are encouraged to be alert, to stand firm, and to be strong and courageous.
- Do not allow discouragement, despair, or doubt, to rob you of your hope.
Prayer: Lord, thank You, that with Your strength, and enabling power in my life, I can overcome every obstacle, I can trust You with confidence, and I can step forward by faith. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 6:68
Simon Peter answered Him, ‘Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.’
- In the end of the day, there is only One to Whom we can turn.
- Only the Lord holds the answers, and the future, in His hands.
- All else, is speculation and human opinion.
- Do not look to anything else, look to the One Who has the words of eternal life.
Prayer: Lord, to whom shall I go? You are all I need, and You are the One Who knows all things, carries all things, and understands my heart and my desires. I look to You, and to You alone! I recognise that I am completely dependent on You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 15:4
‘Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.’
- Staying connected to God, is the most important issue of life.
- If this matter is settled, then every other blessing can flow out of this.
- In the stress and pressure of life, this vital connection can be lost.
- So, determine, in your own heart, to stay connected to the Source of life!
Prayer: Lord, it is my choice and my decision to stay in vital union with You. Forgive me, for allowing the issues of life and the cares of this world, to interfere with my connection with You. I choose to abide in You and I open up my heart for You to live in me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 33:17
The LORD said to Moses, ‘I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.’
- The very heart and character of the Lord is favourable towards you.
- Out of our relationship with Him, we can trust Him to do miracles.
- What is the ‘very thing’ you are trusting the Lord for at this moment?
- Bring that request to His feet, and believe that He will work on your behalf.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You know me. You are aware of all the battles I am facing and the things I am trusting You for. Therefore, I can believe, and have confidence in Your unfailing love and in Your mighty-working power. Amen.