Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 17:37
David said, ‘The LORD Who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.’
- Is there a giant in your life that is trying to bring you down?
- David faced an enormous giant and walked away victorious.
- Have confidence in the hand of the Lord upon your life.
- He can remove giants in whatever form or size they may present themselves.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that just as You helped David to destroy the giant that He was facing, You will help me to overcome the challenges that I am facing, and give me the victory. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 4:17
‘The Lord stood with me and gave me strength…’
- What an awesome picture of the Lord standing with us and giving us strength.
- HE is standing with you today – you are not alone.
- HE is closer than you could ever think or imagine.
- HE is more interested than you realise, and He will give you the strength you need.
Prayer: Lord, may Your abiding presence be a living reality in my life today. May I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that You are with me and that You are making all things possible! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 2:9b
‘But the Word of God cannot be chained.’
- Never underestimate the Word of God in your daily life.
- His Word is powerful, living and active and able to achieve what He has said.
- Your situation may seem unchangeable, but His Word is more powerful than that.
- His Word does not change, and it will carry you through what you are facing.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can depend and rely on Your powerful and enduring Word in my life. If You say it, I believe it and that settles it! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 6:10
‘Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.’
- What a joy it is to know that we can experience His strength and power daily.
- In the end, we desperately need His strength in our lives.
- May He fill you with power and strength and make you strong.
- When we know His strength as a reality, we can face any challenge.
Prayer: Lord, I receive Your strength and mighty power in my life today. I choose to live my life with Your strength and not relying on my own strength. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 1:12
‘For I know the One in whom I trust, and I am sure that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until the day of His return.’
- Do you ‘know’ the One in Whom you trust and believe?
- Our lives can be lived with confidence because we know Who we believe in.
- Be persuaded and convinced that the Lord will undertake.
- He knows what you have entrusted to Him and He knows your secret requests.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can know a confident assurance in my life. I know You and I know that You are the One Who knows me, and loves and cares for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 14:27
‘Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled; do not be afraid.’
- The Bible tells us that ‘He is our peace’.
- When our Saviour was born, He brought us peace and when He left, He gave us peace.
- Peace in your heart and mind is what He planned and purposed for you.
- So don’t be worried, distressed or troubled, He will take care of you.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for being so concerned and worried about so many things. I choose Your peace and I choose to live by Your peace and I will not be afraid. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 1:7
‘God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.’
- Fear is not part of the Lord’s plan for your life.
- Although there may be much to fear, we do not need to surrender ourselves to it.
- We have a different Spirit that is in operation in our lives.
- It is His Spirit, and He empowers us, fills us with love and gives us clarity of mind.
Prayer: Lord, I reject every spirit of fear that would like to take root in my life. I choose to live by Your Spirit and operate with Your power, love and wisdom. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Timothy 4:14
‘Do not neglect the gift that is in you.’
- The Lord has placed within each one of us unique and special treasures.
- These treasures are gifts that He has place in our lives.
- These gifts were designed to be a blessing to others and to Him.
- Don’t hide your gift, but let it shine and be the blessing God intended you to be.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the gifts and talents that You have place within my life. May I be diligent and faithful to develop and use those gifts for Your honour and glory. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Timothy 6:12
‘Fight the good fight of the faith.’
- Our faith life is not a ‘walk in the park’ but it is a ‘good fight’.
- A ‘good fight’ is a fight that we win and one that leads to victory.
- There are many things along the road that would like to distract or sidetrack us.
- Let us stand secure and fight the good fight, expecting Him to help us!
Prayer: Lord, I want to be one of those people who will not be overcome by the negative things that would want to destroy me, but I want to fight my fight with determination and conviction, knowing that You have victory in store for me. Amen.