Daily Bible Verse: Zephaniah 3:17a
‘The LORD your God is with you!’
- Your wonderful God, and your loving Heavenly Father is with you, right now.
- Your All-Mighty God, your Rock of Ages, is with you.
- He is not afar off, or distant and unaware.
- He knows, He cares, and He is with you.
Prayer: Lord, how reassuring it is to know that You are here, with me. I pray that this wonderful fact will become more real to me than the facts I am confronted with, each and every day. May it become the rock on which I stand. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 30:5b
‘Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.’
- We do pass through seasons of darkness and difficulty.
- The joy is the knowledge that those times do not last forever.
- One day, at the appointed time, they will end, and we will celebrate.
- So, do not live in the ‘night season’, but live expectant of the morning to come.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the hope of a new day, that I have in You. I look forward with expectation to the joy that You have prepared for me. I declare that Your joy gives me strength, no matter how dark the
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 2:26
‘My heart is glad, and my tongue shouts His praises! My body rests in hope.’
- You have good reason to be glad and sing His praises.
- The Lord is with you, let me remind you that HE IS WITH YOU!
- Knowing this fact means that our bodies can rest in hope.
- I speak rest, to your body, mind and heart today, in His precious Name.
Prayer: Lord, it is true, You are with me and I am not alone or abandoned. I give You praise, and I am so thankful for Your abiding presence in my life. I choose to rest in the hope I have in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 2:25
‘I constantly fixed my eyes upon the Lord, because He is at my right hand in order that I may continue unshaken.’
- When Peter got out of the boat, he walked on water as long as he looked at the Lord.
- When he looked around at the storm, he began to sink.
- We need to watch what we focus on and fix our eyes on the Lord.
- The promise is that He is with you and you can continue unshaken.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to lift my focus off of the things that concern me and to fix my focus on You. You are the source of life, light and hope, and with You beside me, I can be filled with hope and expectation, regardless of the storms that come my way. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 112:7
‘He need not fear a bad report, for his heart is unshaken, since he trusts in the LORD.’
- Sometimes bad news is part of life, but we do not need to fear it.
- Our confidence in God means that our hearts do not need to be shaken.
- Trusting in the Lord allows us to believe that He will take care of things.
- Let your heart and mind rest secure in the knowledge that the Lord has your back.
Prayer: Lord, I will not be shaken, even as I see and hear of things that are taking place. My hope is not in the ‘plans of men’, but my hope is in You. I will trust and not be afraid. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Habakkuk 3:17-18
‘Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Saviour.’
- Our attitude always determines our altitude in life.
- Things may not look good, but we can still rejoice in the Lord.
- Despite how things may look, keep your eyes on Him.
- He is the great Restorer, and He is the great Deliverer.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to rejoice in You. I choose to be joyful and have hope in You, my God and my Saviour. You know my circumstances and my situation, and I believe that You will be faithful to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Habakkuk 3:19
‘The Sovereign LORD is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to tread on the heights.’
- The LORD, the Lord, is your strength.
- He will enable you to walk through this season of life.
- He will hold you and ensure that you are surefooted and secure.
- He will equip you to be able to negotiate the rugged terrain.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my strength. You enable me to pass through the storms and valleys of life, and You will bring me through it and secure me from falling. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 120:1 (NTL)
‘I took my troubles to the LORD; I cried out to Him, and He answered my prayer.’
- How wonderful it is to know that we can take our troubles to the Lord.
- Prayer is a wonderful tool we have to deal with the challenges of life.
- Turn your worries and cares into prayer.
- He will hear, He will answer, and He will deliver you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can call out to You and bring my requests, concerns and troubles to You. You are the One Who makes crooked places straight, and You make rivers flow in the desert. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 119:175
‘Let me live so I can praise You…’
- Our lives have purpose and meaning when we focus on the Lord.
- There is so much going on around us to distract and discourage us.
- Our focus should be on the Lord, and we should remind ourselves of His goodness.
- Let us use every living moment we are given, to praise Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for a new day and a new week. I choose to praise You. I will not be overwhelmed by circumstances or challenges in my life, or things going on in the world. As long as I live, I will praise You. Amen.