Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 6:9
‘Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless person living on earth at the time, and he walked in close fellowship with God.’
- Doing the right thing always brings blessing and favour on our lives.
- It may not always be easy to do the right thing, but it will always be worth it.
- We should continually try to conduct our affairs according to God’s Word and will.
- And we should also walk in close relationship with God, and He will use us.
Prayer: Lord, it is my desire and choice to live a life that pleases and honours You. I also choose to walk in close fellowship with You, because I know how much I need You in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 3:21
‘The LORD God made clothing out of skins for Adam and his wife, and He clothed them.’
- In God’s great compassion, He saw Adam’s condition and did something about it.
- The Lord personally stepped in to meet the need.
- In a moment of great kindness, HE made clothes for them and clothed them.
- He knows your need and He will step in and prepare and supply what you need.
Prayer: Lord, I am overwhelmed by Your great kindness and compassion towards Your creation – and that includes me. Thank You that You know my need and You will make a way, and in Your love You will make sure that it is exactly what I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 7:11
‘If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!’
- God’s heart is filled with goodness and mercy towards us.
- He knows exactly what we need and how to provide it for us.
- In fact, He has good gifts in store for those who will dare to ask.
- Let us be ready to receive, with arms wide open, all that He has for us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are a Good Father and as such You want to give me the ‘good gifts’ You have prepared for me. I ask You, my Heavenly Father, for the good things that You have for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 62:8
‘Trust confidently in Him at ALL times, O people; pour out your heart before Him. God is a refuge for us.’
- Trusting in God should be our lifestyle and choice.
- It gives us the right to pour out our hearts and longings to Him.
- He wants to come and meet us at our point of need.
- God is our refuge and strength, and an ever-present help in troubled times.
Prayer: Lord, I want to take this opportunity to pour out my heart to You. You know what is concerning me and You know what I need. You are my Refuge, so I will trust and rest in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 28:7
‘My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.’
- Just knowing that we can trust God is great help in life.
- Because we trust in Him, we know that we can turn to Him for help.
- He is our great Helper, and just as He has helped in the past, He will help today.
- Let your heart be encouraged, because He will help you.
Prayer: Lord, surely You are my Helper and You are the strength of my life. I will trust in You with all of my heart, knowing that You are my Helper and that Your help is a promise to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 5:12
‘For surely You, O LORD, bless the righteous; You surround them with the shield of Your favour.’
- We can rejoice, as children of God, that His blessing rests on us.
- The fact that God’s blessing is on us should make us jump for joy.
- In addition, God wants to surround us with His favour and kindness.
- This means that He wants to secure us from danger and bless us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your blessing and favour on my life. I receive Your blessing and favour as a gift from Your hand and I will trust You for divine protection and for Your goodwill towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 3:3
‘You, O LORD, are a Shield for me, my glory, and the One Who lifts my head.’
- The Lord is your Shield and Protector.
- He comes and surrounds you with His blessing and protection.
- He is the Light of our lives and He gives us reason to live.
- He bends down and lifts us up and He reminds us that He will help us.
Prayer: Lord, You are my Shield and my Protector. I look to You for the help, the strength, and the encouragement that I need. Come and lift me up and fill me with hope and confidence. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 10:27
‘My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.’
- The Lord wants to lead and guide you through every step of life.
- He wants to speak to you and tell you which way you should go.
- In the busyness of life, He wants us to hear His gentle voice.
- As He leads us, we can know that He is there, and we can follow Him.
Prayer: Lord, may my heart be attentive to Your voice and may I hear what You are saying to me. I choose to follow Your voice and Your leading in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 46:11
‘The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our Fortress.’
- We have a solid foundation on which we can build our lives.
- The foundation is the knowledge that the Lord Almighty is with us.
- We can rest and be reassured by this great and wonderful fact.
- You have a safe place in God and you can know that you are not alone.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that today I can rest in You and in the knowledge that You are almighty and that You are with me. I am not alone, because my Saviour and my Mighty God is with me. Amen.