Daily Bible Verse: Acts 7:30
‘After forty years had passed, an angel appeared to Moses in the flames of a burning bush…’
- The Lord has not forgotten about you!
- After 40 years, Moses must have wondered, but then God visited him.
- Even though much time had passed, God’s plan for Moses had not changed.
- He has plans for you, and He has not forgotten or forsaken you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that Your plans and purposes for my life will prevail. Even in the valley and wilderness, I will continue to trust Your Word and follow Your leading. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 63:9
‘In all their distress He too was distressed, and the Angel of His Presence saved them.’
- There is nothing as wonderful as the saving Power of God in our lives.
- God’s understanding of the things we are going through, cannot be under-estimated.
- In all that we face, we can know that He knows and understands.
- He will send the Angel of His Presence to save and rescue you.
Prayer: Lord, what a joy it is to know that You will never leave or abandon me, regardless of the issues I am facing. I pray that I will know Your presence and saving Power in my situation today. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 20:16
Jesus said to her, ‘Mary.’
- In the moment of Mary’s greatest distress, her Saviour called her by name.
- Today your Saviour calls you by your name.
- He created you, He formed you and He knows you.
- He has called you by your name and you belong to Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I belong to You. May I know that reassurance in my heart of hearts, that You are calling my name, and may I know that Your love is reaching out to me right now. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 18:36
Jesus said, ‘My kingdom is not of this world.’
- Sometimes we have to remember that we belong to another dimension.
- This world is not our home, we are only passing through.
- This temporary earthly life is nothing compared to the eternal life to come.
- So don’t allow the things of life to overwhelm you, keep an eternal perspective.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can look to You and the eternal dimension that awaits me, as Your child. May the things of this world grow strangely dim, in the light of Your glory and grace. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 15:13
‘May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the Power of the Holy Spirit.’
- There is something so wonderful about simply trusting God.
- As we trust in Him, we are declaring that He is willing and able to help us.
- As we continue to trust in Him, our lives can be filled with joy and peace.
- As trusting in Him becomes our lifestyle, we can overflow with hope.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can place my trust and confidence in You, with child-like faith and expectation. Fill me with joy and peace, as I trust in You and may my life overflow with hope. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 15:4
‘Abide in Me, and I will abide in you.’
- The unity between us and the Lord is vitally important.
- Nothing must ever be allowed to upset this great connection.
- Our lives should be lived because we know the Lord lives.
- His life should flow through us, bringing us new life and hope.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to stay connected to You. I hold onto You, knowing that You are holding me. May Your life flow in and through me, as I abide in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 6:34
‘Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of its own.’
- Living in the here and now, is a secret to success in life.
- When we bring tomorrow’s worries into today, it robs us of our joy and strength.
- Don’t waste today, use it to do what needs to be done.
- Tomorrow will take care of itself and God will give you the strength you need.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for being overly anxious and concerned about tomorrow. Thank You for this beautiful day that You have given me, may I use it to achieve what You intended me to achieve. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 3:6
‘In ALL your ways acknowledge Him, and He WILL make straight your paths.’
- In everything we do, we should put God first.
- Every aspect of our lives should be guided by Him.
- When we put Him first, He Himself comes to make our paths straight.
- He is ready to level your paths and remove the obstacles in your way.
Prayer: Lord, today I give You the place of priority in my daily life. I choose to submit myself to You and I ask that You would step into my life and make my paths straight. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:6
‘Don’t worry (be anxious) about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.’
- When we are self-dependent, we have to be concerned about everything.
- When we are relying on God, we do not need to be anxious and worried.
- Sometimes we need to look back and remind ourselves of how faithful God has been.
- Then we can look forward with the expectation that He will still be faithful.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to trust and to place my cares and concerns in Your capable hands. Thank You for all that You have done for me, I look forward to Your faithfulness, now, and in the future. Amen.