Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 1:13
‘He has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of His dear Son.’
- As children of the Lord we live in an entirely different dimension.
- We have been rescued, delivered and transferred out of darkness and into His light.
- So now we need to live as children of the light.
- Step away from the darkness, walk in and embrace His light in your life.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the wonderful work You have done in my life. Cause me to walk in Your light and may darkness have no part in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 1:11 (NLT)
‘May you be filled with joy!’
- We need to know and experience His joy in our lives.
- His joy in our hearts and lives, gives us the strength we need on a daily basis.
- Don't be dejected and sad, for the joy of the LORD is your strength!
- Let His joy come and fill your heart and life right now.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to rise above the issues and cares of life and I choose Your joy over my own attitude in my situation. Fill me with Your joy, so that I will be strengthened and enabled to fulfil Your plans and purposes for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 12:2
‘Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.’
- The world is constantly trying to push us into its moulds and patterns.
- The pressure to conform is an ever present pressure in our lives.
- But we are called to live a different and a God-centred life.
- In order for us to live like this, our minds need to be constantly renewed.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will come and transform and change me so that I will be renewed in my mind and in the way I think and believe. Help me not just to give in to conformation, but may I be renewed in my thinking so that I can see things from Your perspective. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 1:9
‘We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives.’
- The Lord is the One who will lead and guide you through the course of life.
- He wants to gives us the ‘knowledge of His will’ and wisdom and understanding.
- When we don’t know what to do we can call on Him and ask Him to give us wisdom.
- You are not meant to walk this road alone, He is with you and He will lead you.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will come and give me the knowledge of what Your will is for my situation. I pray too that You will give me the wisdom and understanding I need to make the right decisions. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 10:19
‘Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed. Peace! Be strong now; be strong.’
- Hear the Word of the Lord to you: ‘Peace! Be strong and do not be afraid.’
- You are so precious and valuable to the Lord.
- Let His strength flow into your mortal body.
- Banish all fear and doubt and stand tall in His strength and ability.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I am valuable and precious to You! I rebuke the enemy and the fear he so often tries to bring into my heart and mind. I stand in Your strength and I receive Your peace in my heart. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 10:12
‘Don't be afraid. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven.’
- I wonder if we will ever realise how powerful our prayers actually are.
- If we believed that when we prayed our prayers are heard, we would pray more.
- Let’s not hesitate in bringing our requests and longings to the Lord.
- From the very first time we call out to Him, He hears us and will intervene.
Prayer: Lord, as I start this new week, I bring my requests and petitions to You. Thank You that You hear my every prayer and I can have the confidence that my request has been heard in heaven! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 10:11
‘And he said to me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright: for to you am I now sent.’
- Just like Daniel, you are someone who is greatly beloved by the Lord.
- The Lord wants you to know and realise that He dearly loves and cares for you.
- He will pick you up and put you back on your feet again.
- He will send the help that you need, so you don’t need to doubt and fear.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great love towards me. I recognise that I am Your child and I am loved by my Heavenly Father. Speak to me so that I can step forward in confidence and boldness. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 1:9
Then the LORD reached out His hand, touched my mouth, and said to me: ‘Behold, I have put My words into your mouth.’
- The Lord wants to reach out His hand and touch you at your point of need.
- He will give you exactly what you need in your situation.
- He knows what you need and He knows how to meet that need.
- Our greatest need is to know His touch and His presence in our daily lives.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that I will be more aware of You than I am of the other people that surround me. May I know Your presence and Your touch, meeting my needs and anointing my life! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 10:10 (NLT)
‘Just then a hand touched me and lifted me…’
- The Lord wants to come, by His mighty power, and touch you.
- His touch brings about a change in our lives and situations.
- He wants to take hold of you and lift you up.
- Give Him your hand today and let Him lift you out of the miry clay.
Prayer: Lord, I stretch forth my hand towards You today. Touch me, and lift me up so that I can rest secure in Your love and care for me. Amen.