Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 21:45
‘The LORD promised to do many good things, and He kept His promise every time.’
- We can build our lives and futures on the promises of the Lord.
- Not one word of all that He has promised will ever fail.
- This will be the reality of your life, from sunrise to sunset.
- There may be obstacles and delays, but He will keep His promise, without fail.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are a ‘promise-keeping’ God. I receive the ‘many good things’ You have promised me, and I place my confidence in Your faithfulness. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 13:1
Joshua was now very old. The LORD said to him, ‘You are very old, but there is still much land to be taken!’
- We may have many excuses, but the Lord still has more in store for us.
- We may say we are too old, too tired, too weak, too discouraged, but He has more.
- Don’t let any reason become an excuse that stops you from possessing His promises.
- The Lord says to you: ‘There is still much land to be taken!’
Prayer: Lord, I press on, and I take hold of the promise, that despite how I may feel, You have more land for me to possess. I declare that I am willing and ready. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 7:23
‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you will be My people.’
- Obedience leads to the blessing and the favour of the Lord on our lives.
- Have you felt the leading of God in some area of your life lately?
- We should not just hear, but we should respond in obedience.
- You are HIS, and HE will be your God.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can know what it means to truly belong to You. Thank You that I can know, beyond a shadow of doubt that I am Your child, and as Your child I choose to follow Your leading and instruction, today and every day. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 7:10
The LORD said to Joshua, ‘Get up!’
- Life can sometimes be hard, and circumstances can get us down.
- Times of danger and trouble are times that call for change in our hearts.
- We should make the changes that need to be made and make our way back to HIS feet.
- Then we should stand up in HIS strength and power, and walk by faith.
Prayer: Lord, today I choose to arise and stand. I will not allow my circumstances to keep me down or hold me back. I will ‘get up’ in Your strength and step forward with trust and confidence. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 10:4
‘The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.’
- How often, when faced with opposition, we revert to worldly weapons.
- We can end up dealing with things in such a way that it backfires on us.
- We fight our fight with different weapons and strategies.
- HE makes His divine power available to us to bring down strongholds.
Prayer: Lord, as I live my life, may I live empowered by Your divine power. Help me never to take things into my own hands, but may Your power demolish the strongholds that confront me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 6:20b
‘The people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.’
- Sometimes we are too concerned with other people’s battles.
- We need to face what is in front of us and deal with that.
- As we deal with what is in front of us, the Lord will give us the victory.
- Be bold, be courageous and step up and into what God is giving you.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for trying to fight other people’s battles. May I be like David, who faced his Goliath and conquered him, so that he could live in victory. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 6:20a
‘The people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat!’
- The Lord has great victories in store for you.
- You may be up against a mighty wall of opposition or trouble?
- No man-made wall can stand when God says that it must fall.
- Expect God to work in your life, and ‘see’ the walls fall down flat!
Prayer: Lord, today, I declare, with a shout of victory, that You are bringing down the walls in front of me! The obstacles, difficulties and troubles, fall now, in the power of Your mighty Name. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 3:2
‘Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.’
- When the Lord intersects our earthly lives, it’s never with destruction.
- He is the sustainer and the giver of life, not a destroyer.
- He gives life, and He turns what could destroy us, into something life-giving.
- Even if you are facing a fire today, He will ensure that it will not consume you.
Prayer: Lord, just as You appeared to Moses, and touched his life with potential and purpose, may You touch my life, so that I will fall in line with Your destiny and purpose for me! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 23:20
‘See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.’
- As we obey and follow the Lord, He provides wonderful things for us.
- Just look at the promises in this passage, and get excited.
- He will send an angel ahead of you, to guide and guard you.
- He will bring you into your promise, the place He prepared for you.
Prayer: Lord, I lift up my eyes, looking away from the issues and challenges I face, and I look to You and Your promises. May it be as You have said, and may I see Your goodness in this life! Amen.