Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 20:17
‘Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you…’
- Sometimes we just have to stop and stand our ground.
- The enemy would like to see us rattled and worried.
- But we should take up our positions and stand firm.
- Don’t give in to fear, for the Lord has a plan of deliverance for you!
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for allowing fear to shake and disturb me. I will trust in You and I will not be afraid, for You will deliver me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 32:8
‘He may have a great army, but they are merely men. We have the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles for us!’ His words greatly encouraged the people.
- May these words greatly encourage you today.
- May you remember that God is with you today and at this very moment.
- We may be up against great obstacles, but the Lord has the final say.
- You have the Lord, your God, to help you and to fight your battles for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I am not alone. No matter what I am facing or the challenges around the world, You are still with me. You are my God and You will help me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 6:16
‘Do not be afraid,’ Elisha answered, ‘for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.’
- Our perspective drastically affects the way we see things.
- If our perspective is that things are hopeless, that’s how they will be for us.
- If our perspective is that God will come through for us, we will have hope.
- Let me remind you, there are more for you than against you!
Prayer: Lord, help me to change my perspective to be able to see things from Your point of view. May Your light and hope fill my heart and soul and, in the process, may I see things through Your eyes. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 7:4
Tell him, 'Be careful (don’t worry), be calm, don't be afraid, and don't lose heart…’
- In this verse we see the Word of the Lord coming to someone in distress.
- In the same way, the Word of the Lord comes to you, telling you not to fear.
- When things get overwhelming, it discourages and paralyses us.
- But the Lord always steps into our circumstances and reassures us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the direction and encouragement You give to me. With Your help, I will not worry, I will not fear, and I will not lose heart. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Job 19:25
‘But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives…’
- Let us settle this matter once and for all.
- Let it be your personal conviction and persuasion, that your Saviour lives.
- Don’t give room in your heart and mind for fear and doubt.
- Realise, and believe, that the Lord is alive, and He loves and cares for you!
Prayer: Lord, today I declare, and I believe that You are alive. I KNOW that MY Redeemer lives. Regardless of the shaking that I am going through, this great truth will sustain and carry me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 24:6
‘He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead!’
- Death and the grave could not hold our Saviour captive.
- He broke the power of our ultimate fear and gave us life.
- He has risen from the dead and He is Lord of all.
- Now rise to the newness of life that He gives you!
Prayer: Lord, I celebrate the wonderful fact that You rose from the dead and You are alive, and You are alive in me. I will live and not die, and I will see Your faithfulness in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 5:8
‘God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.’
- The greatest attested fact of ancient history is the death of our Saviour.
- This one act demonstrated God’s love for us, once and for all.
- When we remember His death, we remember the greatest act of love.
- The truth is that God loves you, and cared enough to pay the ultimate price.
Prayer: Lord, as I remember Your great sacrifice, I am reassured of Your great love for me. Forgive me for the things that I have done that have not been pleasing to You and fill me with Your peace and joy. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 11:25
‘I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in Me will live, even though they die!’
- We can rejoice, because we can know the reality of eternal life.
- Through HIS death, life was made possible for each one of us.
- Let His life, death, and resurrection, fill you with hope, as you believe.
- HE wants to give you new life, new hope and new strength.
Prayer: Lord, as we remember Your death and the price You paid, we are reminded that the purpose was to bring us life. No more death for us, because You are our resurrection and our life, and we believe in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 2:5
‘Come, let us walk in the light of the LORD!’
- In a world of darkness and dread, we can walk in the light of the Lord.
- No more darkness and fear for us, we have His light to walk in.
- The secret is that we must keep on walking and not stop or hesitate.
- Walk by faith and not by sight – walk in His light.
Prayer: Lord, how awesome it is to know that I can walk in Your light. Regardless of how much darkness surrounds me, Your light will come and flood my path, and fill me with hope and confidence. Amen.