Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 34:18
‘The LORD is close to the broken-hearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed.’
- There are many things in life that can cause us a broken heart.
- In the rush of life, those who feel crushed, may withdraw into the shadows.
- But the Lord will come and seek you out and stay close to you.
- He can take what is hurt, broken and crushed and heal and restore it!
Prayer: Lord, what a joy it is to know that You know everything about me. You know the issues and hopes that are deep within my heart. You are close to me when I am at my lowest and You step in and rescue me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 33:5b
‘The earth is full of the steadfast love (loving-kindness) of the LORD.’
- There’s no spot in the universe where you will not find His love.
- The earth is full of His love, and you are surrounded by it.
- The traces and the footprints of His love can be seen in every direction.
- Don’t try to block out His love, but live and abide in His love.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great love for me. Open my eyes that I may see Your love in everything that surrounds me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 32:8
The LORD says, ‘I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.’
- Your Good Shepherd promises to lead, guide and watch over you.
- What do you need to fear if He is watching over you?
- He knows the best pathway for your life, and He wants to lead you there.
- So take Him by the hand, and rest secure in the knowledge that He is in control.
Prayer: Lord, I place my hand in Your mighty hand right now. Take me by the hand and lead me, guide me and watch over me as I trust in Your unfailing care and love for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 54:8
‘…With everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you,’ says the LORD your Redeemer.
- The Lord wants to come and show you His kindness and compassion.
- Sometimes we can be so hard on ourselves, but He will be kind to us.
- His compassion is new every morning, and His love always reaches out to us.
- He is your Lord, your Redeemer and your loving Heavenly Father.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your everlasting kindness towards me. Thank You for Your compassion towards me that I can enjoy even if I don’t deserve it, and thank You for Your great love for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 30:5
‘Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.’
- Trouble and sadness may touch our lives, but they are not permanent.
- The Lord’s plan for us is that joy will return, as sure as the morning.
- When His joy enters our hearts and lives, sorrow has to flee.
- Embrace His enduring joy and welcome it into your life!
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the promise of joy in my life that will drive out all weeping and sorrow. I receive the joy that You bring into my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 24:8
‘Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, The LORD mighty in battle.’
- The Lord is the One Who is strong and mighty.
- We don’t have to do it in our own strength, we can rely on the Strong and Mighty One.
- Regardless of the battle, He brings the victory.
- Therefore we can be glad, because we have a mighty God on our side.
Prayer: Lord, I open up my heart to You right now, and I receive Your strength, Your mighty power and Your victory, over the battles that I am facing today! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 23:6
‘Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.’
- The Lord has got our earthly season and our eternity in His hands.
- During the ‘days of our lives’, He wants us to know His goodness and mercy.
- During our ‘forever’, He wants us to know that we can dwell with Him eternally.
- So place your heart and life in the safety of His unfailing hands.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your goodness and mercy that will follow me each and every day. Thank You that I can have the reassurance that my eternal destiny is sure, because my life is in Your hands. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 13:6
‘I will sing to the LORD, because He has dealt bountifully with me.’
- These are the words of man who was enduring hardship and impending defeat.
- Yet in the midst of all the struggles, he never let go of his trust in God.
- Regardless of the challenges around him, he clung to his God.
- In the middle of the trial, he found his song, and celebrated God’s faithfulness.
Prayer: Lord, You are the wonderful, merciful Saviour. You are the precious Redeemer and my closest friend. Who would have thought that You would step into my situation and rescue me! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 30:5
‘Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to Him for protection.’
- God's words are true, sincere and contain no element of error.
- The Word of the Lord is certain of accomplishment.
- Rest assured that He will do what He has said He will do.
- Those who rely on His Word will know perfect protection.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for every word that You have spoken through Your Word, and to me, in terms of promises and guidance. I know that not one good thing that You have promised me, will ever fail. Amen.