Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 21:33
‘Abraham planted a tree in Beersheba, and there he called on the name of the LORD, the Eternal God.’
- Sometimes we just need to pause and stop and then call on the name of the Lord.
- Abraham stopped, planted a tree, and called on God.
- Remember the Eternal God is your refuge.
- The Lord is just a prayer away and He hears us when we call on Him.
Prayer: Lord, I want to take this moment to pause and call on You. I give You my situation and the cares and concerns that I am carrying, because You are the Eternal God in whom I can take refuge. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 40:28
‘Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary.’
- The Lord is the everlasting God and He knows no end.
- The Lord is the creator of all things and yet knows us intimately.
- The Lord NEVER grows weak or tired.
- There is nothing that is too difficult or too challenging for Him to handle.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can look to You as my source and hope. You never get tired and weary, so I can always come to You no matter what the situation or circumstances. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Job 36:5
‘God is mighty, but He does not despise anyone! He is mighty in both power and understanding.’
- How wonderful it is to know that we serve a mighty God.
- He does not reject, despise or judge us, but He loves us and He is with us.
- Man may despise us, but God accepts and receives us.
- He understands what we are going through and He has the power to change things.
Prayer: Lord, You are my Mighty God! You are the One who truly understands me and my situation. I choose to rest secure in Your love and care for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 19:21
‘Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.’
- We all have many dreams and plans that we hope will come to pass.
- It is always good to live with vision and purpose.
- At the same time we must never forget God’s purposes in our lives.
- In the end it is the Lord’s purposes that should have the greatest priority.
Prayer: Lord, I dedicate my life and future into Your hands. I choose Your purposes and plans for my life above my own desires and dreams. May Your purposes prevail. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 55:11
‘So also will be the word that I speak -- it will not fail to do what I plan for it; it will do everything I send it to do.’
- When the Lord speaks, things happen.
- His words are sent out in order to accomplish His purposes.
- We can totally depend and rely on His words and promises.
- Take hold of what He has given you and believe that He will do what He has said.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for all the words and promises that You speak. The words from Your mouth will not return empty or void, but they will be fulfilled. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 24:35
‘Heaven and earth will pass away, but My Words will never pass away.’
- Everything in life is temporary and comes and goes.
- What we see with our eyes is temporary and soon passes from sight.
- But we have a foundation on which we can build our lives – His Words!
- So we don’t focus on the issues around us, we focus on HIM and HIS Words.
Prayer: Lord, thank you for the security and permanence that You bring into our lives. We choose to build our lives on the firm foundation and we know that it can only be found in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 40:5
‘O LORD my God, You have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list.’
- When we look back at God’s faithfulness, we all have something to give thanks for.
- Remember, for a moment, what He has done for you, and give thanks!
- His faithfulness reaches into the past and carries us into the future.
- His plans for your tomorrow include a future and a hope in Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for all the wonderful things you have done. I rejoice in Your faithfulness and I look forward with expectation to things You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 73:28
‘But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign LORD my Shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do.’
- How great it is to know and feel the presence of God in our lives.
- Nothing can compare to the knowledge of His presence as a reality.
- As you make the Sovereign Lord your Shelter, you will discover this for yourself.
- Then you will have reason to rejoice and tell everyone about His goodness.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that You are my Sovereign Lord and You are my Shelter. I choose relationship with You and I rejoice in the knowledge that I can know You personally. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 4:8
‘Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.’
- The Lord longs to be gracious and kind to each one of us.
- He waits, like the prodigal son’s father, for the coming of his son.
- When we move in His direction, He moves in our direction.
- Come close to God, and He will come close to you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for this great promise. I choose to draw near to You. I desire to know more of Your presence in my daily life. Amen.