Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 21:19
‘Then God opened her eyes and she saw…’
- Sometimes the answer we are looking for can be right in front of us.
- The breakthrough and answer that God has for you could be right before you.
- Don’t give up or throw in the towel.
- Ask the Lord to open your eyes to see what He has pre-prepared for you.
Prayer: Lord, open the eyes of my heart Lord and let me see the answers that You are providing. May I not be blinded because of my own experiences, but may I ‘see’ the spring that You have placed in the desert. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 3:23
‘Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.’
- Whatever we do in life can be something that the Lord can use.
- How we do things is important because it reveals something about our hearts.
- Everything we do can be done as unto the Lord.
- When we have this attitude, everything changes, and our lives have eternal meaning.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the things that I can do and the way in which I can make a difference. May what I do bring honour to Your Name and blessings to those around me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 19:27
‘Early the next morning Abraham got up and returned to the place where he had stood before the LORD.’
- How important it is for us to maintain and develop our relationship with the Lord.
- We should each have a place and a time when we come before the Lord.
- He should be a priority in our daily lives.
- We should live in a living, vibrant relationship with the Lord.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can know the reality of living in a vital relationship with You. May I stand before You knowing that You love and care for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Galatians 5:13
‘You were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.’
- Freedom is something the Lord wants each of us to know and enjoy.
- It was simply for freedom’s sake that Christ came to set us free.
- Freedom comes with responsibility.
- We are not free to do as we choose, but we are free to serve and be a blessing to others.
Prayer: Lord, may I use the freedom that You have blessed me with to be a blessing to others. May I serve with humility and love and in the process make the world a better place. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 40:29
‘He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power.’
- Sometimes we can feel weak, tired, faint and even powerless.
- The Lord knows that this can be a reality and He wants to step in and change things.
- If you feel like this, you can know that the Lord wants to change things for you.
- Let Him come and increase your power and give you the strength you need.
Prayer: Lord, I receive all the power and the strength that You have for me. I can walk in boldness and strength because You enable me to do so. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:13
‘I can do ALL things through HIM who strengthens me.’
- How wonderful it is to know that the Lord wants to give us His strength.
- He wants His strength and power to rest and reside on us.
- The result is that through His strength we are able to do all things.
- Receive His strength and be strengthened from within for today.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that with Your strength I am able to do far more than I could do on my own. I choose to operate with the strength that You give me so that I can achieve what You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 17:1
‘I am God Almighty; walk before Me faithfully and be blameless.’
- As children of God we are called to live a different life.
- If we realised that the Lord was watching us, we would live differently.
- No part of our lives is hidden from His sight.
- So let us walk our individual journey in a way that honours Him.
Prayer: Lord, I recognise that You are the almighty, living God. I surrender myself to You and choose to walk faithfully and blamelessly before You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 14:16
‘Lift up your staff, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it…’
- Obedience to the instructions we get from the Lord can lead to wonderful results.
- Often it’s in the simple things He tells us to do that we can see the greatest results.
- Let us obey the promptings and leading that He places within our hearts.
- He is the One who does the miracle, we are the ones who should do His bidding.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for not always responding to the things I feel You prompt me to do. I choose to obey, even in the simple things, knowing that You are a miracle-working God. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 9:13
‘I have placed My rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of My covenant with you and with all the earth.’
- The Lord is faithful in all His promises to us.
- He placed a rainbow in the sky as a sign of His covenant with Noah.
- This sign is also a reminder to us that the Lord will be faithful.
- Expect His faithfulness, believe in His faithfulness and rest in His faithfulness.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are a faithful, covenant keeping God. I choose to remind myself of Your faithful character on which I can depend. Amen.