Daily Bible Verse: Nehemiah 4:14
‘Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome!’
- In the course of life we get so much advice that it can be confusing.
- But the best advice we could get is to ‘remember the Lord’.
- We need to remind ourselves that the Lord is always with us no matter what.
- Remember the Lord today and remind yourself that He has the final say!
Prayer: Lord, I choose to lift up my eyes today and to focus on You. I will remember that You are with me and You are able to calm my storms and help me with what I am facing. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Nehemiah 2:20
‘The God of heaven will give us success; therefore we His servants will arise and build.’
- We should have confidence in the Lord our God.
- The result is that we should be ready to step out and do what needs to be done.
- You can expect help from heaven as you trust and follow the Lord.
- Do not be intimidated but step forward with confidence and courage.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You, the God of heaven, will give me success. Move on my behalf I pray and I will endeavour to obey and do what You tell me to do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Nehemiah 2:4
‘So I prayed to the God of heaven.’
- What a joy to know that we can turn to the Lord and pray at any time.
- We can call on Him when we don’t know which way to turn.
- We can cry out to Him when circumstances seem to overwhelm us.
- He is just a prayer away and we should instinctively turn to Him in prayer.
Prayer: Lord, may I be like Nehemiah who instinctively turned to You in prayer when He was not sure which way to go. You are my faithful guide and my Good Shepherd, so I choose to look to You for the help I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ezra 7:28
‘I took courage (I was strengthened), for the hand of the LORD my God was on me.’
- When we know that the Lord is with us, we can be strong and courageous.
- The same hands that hold the whole world can rest on you and me.
- His hand is there to hold you, to guide you and to empower you.
- Take courage, be strengthened from within, for the Lord Himself is with you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I am safe and secure in Your hands and no one can pluck me out of Your hands. May Your hand rest upon me and may my walk be strengthened with this knowledge. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ezra 6:22
‘There was great joy throughout the land because the LORD had caused the king to be favourable to them.’
- We must always remind ourselves that God can turn any situation around.
- Often He will use people to play a role in the change that needs to happen.
- In this story He used a king and changed a situation completely.
- The Lord knows your situation and He is committed to giving the help you need.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are in control of all things. Nothing is too difficult for You and You can use anything and anyone to bring the help and relief I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 5:7
‘God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy.’
- Life involves sowing and reaping.
- If we will show love, kindness and mercy, we will receive the same.
- Let us treat people in the way that we would like to be treated ourselves.
- Let us follow our Lord’s example and be a blessing to those around us.
Prayer: Lord, help me to be a blessing to those around me. Give me patience and grace towards others and may I display Your mercy to those I come in contact with! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 5:13
‘He put forth His hand, and touched him’
- What a wonderful picture of the Lord reaching out and touching someone.
- He wants to reach out His hand and touch you right now.
- Just one touch from the Master’s hand and we will never be the same again.
- The love of the Lord reaches out to meet us at our point of need.
Prayer: Lord, stretch forth Your hand and touch me I pray. May I know the touch of Your precious hand on my life and in my heart! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Mark 1:35
‘Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, HE got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where He prayed.’
- Prayer is our vital link with the Lord.
- The enemy would like to see us kept so busy that we don’t find the time to pray.
- Prayer is communion with God and we need that in our lives.
- The Lord is calling each one of us into a deeper relationship with Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the example that you set for us in making time with Your Father a priority in Your daily life. We choose to do the same and remind ourselves to call and pray each day. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 3:9-10
‘Honour the LORD…then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.’
- Our lives should be a living example of people who honour and love God.
- Every aspect of our lives should demonstrate the fact that He is our priority.
- In return He promises to provide and bless us in wonderful ways.
- It starts when we make the quality decision to put Him first and it ends in blessing.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to honour You in all I say and do. I want to live my life to Your glory and Your honour. This is my quality decision and my chosen purpose. Amen.