Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 4:32
‘Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.’
- Being ‘tender-hearted’ is one of the greatest ways to change any situation.
- Hard hearts lead to conflict and distrust.
- Kindness will undo the greatest hurts and pain.
- Let us do what HE would have us do and walk in forgiveness and love.
Prayer: Lord, make me an instrument of Your love and mercy towards others. May my heart be tender and sensitive to the needs of others and may I be Your hands and feet to those around me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 3:14
‘Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.’
- We can choose the attitude and way in which we live our lives.
- We can clothe ourselves in anger and violence, or we can clothe ourselves in love.
- We can demand our rights or we can be dispensers of His love.
- Put on love and make that quality decision to display His love and be a blessing.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for sometimes putting on the wrong attitude. May I live my life differently from today, as I choose to act and operate with a heart of love towards others! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 2:14
‘For HE Himself is our peace…’
- We live in a world that is troubled and stressed.
- In all of this we have the Lord and He is our Prince of Peace.
- He makes His peace available to us and says: ‘My peace I give to you!’
- The Lord is your source of peace, keep your eyes on Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the peace that You make available to me. You are my source of peace and You are my peace. I choose to lift my eyes above the troubles and seek Your peace. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 3:2
‘Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.’
- Where our thoughts and minds go is important to what happens in our lives.
- We can choose where our minds and thoughts can go.
- We should be more ‘heavenly minded’ and less ‘earthly focussed’.
- Make the decision, step away from negative thinking and let heaven fill your thoughts.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to focus on the truly important things. May I not become consumed with the issues and cares of my earthly life, but let my focus be on You and the things of eternal value. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 1:8
‘He will sustain you to the end…’
- The Lord is the sustainer of your life.
- He will carry you and give you the support that you need.
- He does not help us the one day and then abandon us the next day.
- His sustaining power will be there to carry you every day until the end.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that You are the One who sustains me. I will rest in Your power and ability to carry me, both now and forever more. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 2:7 (NLT)
‘Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him.’
- Our lives need to be built on something that is secure and eternal.
- The Lord is the One on Whom we can build our lives, hope and future.
- We should be growing in our relationship with Him.
- Let your roots grow down deep and let your life be built on Him, the sure foundation.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can know You as my personal Lord and Saviour. I choose to build my life on You as the rock on which I can stand and may my roots grow down deep and secure in my relationship with You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 6:18 (NLT)
‘Therefore, we who have fled to Him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us.’
- We can run to the Lord, because He is our refuge and strength.
- The Lord is your refuge and therefore you can have great confidence.
- There is hope for the future and for what lies ahead of us.
- We should hold onto this and let it be an anchor for our lives.
Prayer: Lord, I run into Your arms of strength and hope. You alone are my refuge and hope. Fill me with hope as I believe and have confidence in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 1:27 (NLT)
‘This is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing His glory.’
- What an assurance and what a joy it is to know that the Lord lives in us.
- As His child, we can know this secret and this mystery.
- The fact that He lives in you gives you the hope that you need each day.
- Recognise this fact and turn towards the One who lives within you!
Prayer: Lord, how wonderful it is to know that You live within me. May this reality change the way I live my life so that I can enjoy this knowledge as a daily living reality. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 1:23
‘Don't drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News.’
- Doubt is one of the things that can rob us of our confidence in the Lord.
- Doubt and unbelief often go hand in hand.
- Don’t allow yourself to drift away into doubt and unbelief.
- Stand firm, rest assured, and believe with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.
Prayer: Lord, I reject all doubt and unbelief from my heart and life. You are my hope and confidence, and in this I will rest secure and be filled with expectation and assurance. Amen.