Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:58
‘Her neighbours and relatives heard that the Lord had shown her great mercy, and they rejoiced with her.’
- The Lord wants to do great things for you.
- He wants to come and reveal Himself to you and show you GREAT mercy.
- Others will see and rejoice, because of what the Lord has done for you.
- Be expectant and believe that He is able to do more than you could imagine.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to live with expectation in Your character and love for me. Show me Your great favour and may others also be blessed, as a result. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ruth 4:14
‘Praise the LORD, who has now provided a redeemer for your family!’
- The Lord has an answer and a solution for the problems you are facing.
- The Lord is the One Who provides a ‘way of escape’ from troubles.
- Open up the doors and let Him into your life and situation.
- HE is able to turn things around and provide exactly what is needed.
Prayer: Lord, I praise Your great and mighty Name, for You will make a way and open what seems closed and sealed, so that I can know freedom and release. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ruth 3:18
‘For the man (Boaz) will not rest until the matter is settled today.’
- Ruth knew that she could trust Boaz to do what he said he would do.
- We can trust the Lord, in the same way, to do what He said He would do.
- We can also follow our Lord’s example and be people of our word.
- If you are trusting the Lord in a matter, rest assured, He will answer you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can trust You to bring to pass what You have promised to do in my life and situation. I will remain perfectly at rest, knowing that You will execute what You have promised. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ruth 1:16
Ruth replied: ‘Do not urge me to leave you or to turn from following you. For wherever you go, I will go, and wherever you live, I will live; your people will be my people, and your God will be my God.’
- Ruth was a special lady who came into the life of her mother-in-law.
- She was a loyal person, who carried God’s favour and blessing on her life.
- The Lord brought her into the life of another person, as a blessing.
- The Lord wants to bring people (blessings) into your life – open up your heart.
Prayer: Lord, I open up my heart and life to receive the blessings You have for me. Help me, and my preconceived ideas, never to block or reject the blessings You want to bring into my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 63:7
‘For You are my help; I will sing for joy in the shadow of Your wings.’
- The Lord is here right now, to be your Helper and your Guide.
- You have reason to rejoice and be glad, because He is with you.
- The Lord has helped you thus far, so be confident about the future.
- Rest securely and joyfully under the shelter of the Most High.
Prayer: Lord, truly You are my help. I still believe and trust in Your plans and I place my heart in Your hands. You are all I need, and all of my trust is in You, my Faithful Friend. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ruth 2:12
‘May you be richly rewarded by the LORD; under Whose wings you have come to take refuge.’
- Where are you finding your shelter and your refuge?
- Under His wings is the safest place to find ourselves.
- He is your refuge and your fortress.
- Tear yourself away from your own securities, and get under His wings!
Prayer: Lord, I have come to You to find my refuge, under Your wings. I place myself, safely and securely, under Your faithful and secure, shadow of protection. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Judges 13:3
The angel of the LORD appeared and said, ‘Even though you have been unable to have children, you will soon become pregnant and give birth to a son.’
- Our greatest challenges are not impossibilities to the Lord.
- Things may look impossible, as if they are ‘unable’ to become a reality.
- But the Lord is the One who has the final say in all your challenges.
- At any time, at any moment, He can step in and change things – HE can!
Prayer: Lord, I give You all the areas of my life that appear impossible and unable to change, knowing that nothing is too difficult for You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Judges 6:14
The LORD looked at him, and said, ‘Go in this strength of yours… Look, haven't I sent you?’
- Oh the strength that one look from our Lord can give us!
- The Lord looks at you today with expectation and confidence.
- The Lord looks at you today with encouragement and hope.
- He looks at you with strength-giving might and power – receive it.
Prayer: Lord, I receive strength, hope and encouragement from You today. I will trust in Your plans for me and I will walk in the strength that comes from You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Haggai 1:13
Then the LORD's messenger, gave this message of the LORD to the people: ‘I am with you,’ declares the LORD.
- We all need a word from the Lord.
- A word from the Lord will remove all our doubts and fears.
- The Lord can speak to us in many ways and from unexpected sources.
- When the Lord speaks, we need to rise to the occasion.
Prayer: Lord, I ask You to speak to me and lead me in my situation and circumstances. May my ears be open, and my heart be receptive, and may I respond with confidence and determination. Amen.