Daily Bible Verse: Luke 5:13
‘Jesus reached out His hand and touched the man.’
- The Lord is willing and able to reach out and touch you.
- Do you need His touch today, are you longing for His touch?
- Our condition does not stop the Lord from reaching out to take hold of us.
- We may think that we do not deserve it, but He wants to touch and heal us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great willingness to touch and change my life. Thank You that as I come to You, You are ready and willing to receive me. You extend Your hand to touch and restore me now. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 3:16
‘I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit.’
- External strength comes as a result of inner strength from God.
- It all starts on the inside, within our hearts and souls.
- It is from this place that God wants to give His strength to us.
- Receive His strength and be empowered from within, with the strength He gives you.
Prayer: Lord, I open up the door of my heart and life to You. Come and make Your home within my heart. Come and strengthen and enable me from within my very being, to be what You want me to be. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 12:9
‘My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.’
- His grace, mercy and loving-kindness are available to you.
- In fact, it is everything you need in life, and in your situation.
- When we are feeling weak, He will come and strengthen us.
- Give Him your weakness, and receive His grace and power in your life.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are all I need. In my weakness, I choose to trust and have confidence in You, and I believe that Your power will be seen in my life, and I know that Your grace will carry me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 20:15
This is what the LORD says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's.’
- When we are facing challenges and insecurity, we can get discouraged.
- Discouragement robs us of our joy and of our peace.
- Today, the Lord wants to say to you: ‘Do not be discouraged!’
- The Lord will fight for you, because He loves and cares for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the strength, joy and peace You bring into my life. I will not allow a spirit of discouragement to torment me, because You have told me not to fear or be discouraged. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 2:14
‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.’
- If there was ever a time that we needed peace on earth and in our lives, it is now.
- The gift of Christmas was a gift of peace for those who recognised it.
- As you live to please God, and bring Him glory, He will come to you with peace.
- Let us use this time to bring glory and praise to God, and to receive His peace.
Prayer: Lord, as I approach this wonderful Christmas season, I choose to lift my eyes off the troubles, and to remind myself to praise and bless Your Name. May Your peace come and flood my soul, and may the world experience Your peace. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:38
Mary responded, ‘I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.’ And then the angel left her.
- Are you ready to submit and surrender your life for His will and purpose?
- Mary was chosen to bring great blessing and favour on all mankind.
- The Lord also wants to use your life to reflect His glory and bring blessing.
- Perhaps you do not fully understand His plan - do not let that stop you!
Prayer: Lord, like Mary, I want to humble myself and ask that Your will be done, in and through my life. I declare that: ‘I am the Lord’s servant. May everything You have prepared for me, come true!’ Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Mark 16:20
‘The Lord worked with them.’
- The secret to success, is in knowing that God is working with you.
- As you do your part, and trust and obey Him, He will do His part.
- This partnership is part of the blessing we can know, as His children.
- Let us believe that He is with us, and working all things out for our good.
Prayer: Lord, what a joy it is to know that You work with Your children, to bring about Your purposes and plans. Help me to do my part, with the full confidence that You will do Your part, and that I will see the wonderful results. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 7:17
‘Oh, how grateful and thankful I am to the Lord because He is so good.’
- Thankfulness is something that begins in our hearts.
- It is an attitude that says, ‘God has been good, and I am so grateful.’
- If we think that we are self-made, we only fool ourselves.
- For God is the One Who makes all things possible.
Prayer: Lord, I recognise today how much I need You in my life. I choose to live in dependence on You, and because of this, I am thankful. Thankful, because You are good, and because You give me a hope and a future. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Chronicles 16:34
‘Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His faithful love endures forever.’
- Sometimes we just need to pause, and give thanks for all the Lord has done.
- At the end of a challenging year, we can find something to be thankful for.
- There is always something to be thankful for.
- Speak out your thankfulness, and celebrate His faithfulness.
Prayer: Lord, I just want to take a moment, and lift my eyes off of the issues that I have been facing, to thank You for Your love and mercy towards me. You are a good, good Father and I am thankful, in anticipation, for all You are still going to do for me. Amen.