Daily Bible Verse: John 11:25
‘I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in Me will live, even after dying.’
- The Lord offers us the possibility of eternal life.
- We can find this life and His resurrection power in what He did for us on the cross.
- Sin and death may have been our only alternative, but He brought us life.
- Let us not settle for anything less than His life in our lives.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are the resurrection and the life. I receive Your life into my life, and I declare that I believe in You and therefore I will LIVE. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 37:4
‘Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart.’
- When we give the Lord first place in our lives, many wonderful things can happen.
- Our relationship with the Lord should be a source of great joy in our lives.
- As we find our joy and fulfilment in Him, He makes the impossible possible.
- He loves you and He wants to fulfil your desires and secret longings.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to delight myself in You. You are the One who can lift my burdens, heal my heart, and make it possible for me to see the things I so dearly long for. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 2:23
‘Abraham believed God - and he was called a friend of God.’
- The question is: ‘Do we really believe the Lord, or do we doubt Him?’
- When doubts fill our minds, His faithfulness should give us the reassurance we need.
- Abraham was a man who overcame doubt and believed.
- Let’s do the same, let us reject doubt and may our hearts be filled with faith and trust.
Prayer: Lord, I want to be like Abraham who was able to believe You no matter what the circumstances looked like around him. I choose to believe, and I choose to reject doubt and fear. May I also be known as Your friend. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 2:22
‘You see, his (Abraham’s) faith and his actions worked together. His actions made his faith complete.’
- Faith and actions work together to bring about God’s purposes.
- Without faith, we cannot please God.
- Without actions, we cannot achieve what the Lord has destined for us to achieve.
- Be filled with faith and let that faith inspire you to do what He tells you to do.
Prayer: Lord, it is my desire that my life would bring You praise and honour. I choose to do more than just believe, I choose to obey Your leading and in this way be all You intended me to be. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:6
‘Do not be anxious about anything…’
- Life surrounds us with many reasons to be anxious and concerned.
- The Lord tells us that we should not be anxious.
- Anxiety and distress is not part of His plan for your life.
- Give the worries and concerns to Him, and live believing that He will undertake.
Prayer: Lord, I bring all the issues that concern me and bring anxiety into my life, and I give them to You right now. I choose to trust You and I will not entertain anxiety, fear or doubt. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 3:6
‘Seek His will in ALL you do, and He WILL show you which path to take.’
- Each step and decision of life needs to be guided by the Lord.
- We need to remember the Lord before we decide to step out.
- If He is the Lord of our lives, then we will seek His will on what we do.
- He promises to lead us and show us which way to go, as we depend on Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can bring each decision I need to make, and I can lay it at Your feet. Thank You that You will direct my paths and show me which way to go. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 7:12
‘In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you.’
- Much of life is about how we interact with others.
- We were not placed on earth alone, but we were surrounded by others.
- Everything we do should be motivated by kindness and not selfishness.
- We need to always remember that we will reap what we have sown.
Prayer: Lord, Thank You that You have placed me here and surrounded me with other people who are also made in Your image. May I bring hope, love and kindness to everyone I meet today. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 1:27
‘Pure and genuine religion in the sight of the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.’
- There are two aspects to our Christian lives, one outward and one inward.
- Firstly we need to be aware of others who are struggling, and help them.
- Then we need to watch our hearts, so that we are not infected by the world.
- With clean hearts and generous spirits we can live lives that honour the Lord.
Prayer: Lord, It is my desire to be an instrument in Your hand. May I be a blessing to those around me in need, and may my heart be kept pure and undefiled , so that You can use me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 10:25
‘When the storms of life come, the wicked are whirled away, but the godly have a lasting foundation.’
- ‘Storms of life’ are an inevitable part of our human existence.
- When the storms come, they have the potential to whirl us away.
- With the Lord in our lives, we have a foundation on which we can stand.
- Stand secure on your foundation, you will be kept safe and secure.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are the foundation of my life. I can stand secure and safe because You are the anchor and rock on which I stand and therefore the storms of life will not whirl me away. Amen.