Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 29:11
‘I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope.’
- We live in a time of great uncertainty when things appear to be going wrong.
- Regardless of what is happening around us, the Lord’s plans for us are certain.
- Disaster and harm are not His plan for you, hope and prosperity are.
- In the midst of the ‘noise’ we may not see clearly, but He has a good plan.
Prayer: Lord, You declare over me that You have a plan and a purpose for my life. Help me not to become overwhelmed by the waves and the wind that blow around me. I will remind myself of Your plan to give me a hope and a future. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 40:9
‘Here is your God!’
- The Lord has not abandoned or forsaken you.
- He is here, right now His presence is here to comfort and to uphold you.
- Come, and lay down the burdens you are carrying.
- He will bless the hopeless heart and heal the broken heart.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are here with me. I do not need to be afraid and I do not need to look around in dismay or despair, because You are with me. Behold, my God is here, and He is with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 40:8
‘The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of our God endures forever.’
- We live in a very dynamic world where things are always changing.
- Constant change is an ongoing and ever-increasing reality.
- In the midst of all this change, it is wonderful to hold onto something enduring.
- Hold onto the hand of the Lord your God and believe in His Word to you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my everlasting Rock and my indestructible Fortress. In You, I find my security, and in You, I can have confidence and strength. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Zephaniah 3:17
‘The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in His love He will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.’
- You are a delight and a joy to the Lord, your God.
- Remember: The Lord your God is with you.
- Remind yourself that He is mighty, and He is able to save you.
- Rest assured of His great love and care towards you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that, right now, right here, You are with me. As I look around and see what is going on around me, I realise that it does not compare to what is going on inside of me. From my inner-most being, I recognise Your love and care for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 17:12
‘Moses’ arms soon became so tired he could no longer hold them up. So, Aaron and Hur found a stone for him to sit on. Then they stood on each side of Moses, holding up his hands.’
- This is a time when we need to help others and hold up their hands.
- It is not a time to be selfish and self-centred.
- If you see someone who you are able to help, extend a helping hand.
- When we help each other, it sets us up for victory and success.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be used by You at this time. May I be someone who lifts the loads that others are carrying and may You send the right person to hold up my arms, I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 8:12
‘I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows Me will NEVER walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’
- In the midst of all the darkness and despair, you can know His light.
- Follow the world, and experience darkness, follow HIM, and know the Light.
- Light and life go hand in hand.
- Pursue the Lord and His light, and you will know the ‘Light of life’!
Prayer: Lord, may I know Your light in my daily life as I follow you. May I never walk in darkness and fear, but may I know Your light and the ‘Light of life’ that You have made available to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 17:6 (TLB)
‘I (the Lord) will meet you there at the rock.’
- Desperate times call for desperate measures.
- The people of God had no water, and in their desperation, God met them.
- We all need to reach that moment when we meet God for ourselves.
- It is there, face to face with Him, that He will make a way for us.
Prayer: Lord, today, I stand here ready to meet You. I am Your child and I need a miracle in my situation, and in the situation that the world is facing currently. Make a way for me, I pray, make a way for humanity, I ask. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 1:5
‘The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.’
- There is power in light that darkness can never overpower.
- Regardless of how much darkness there may be, in a moment, light can remove it.
- The Lord is our Light, and He brings His light into our darkness.
- You do not need to fear the darkness, His light will light your way.
Prayer: Lord, I realise today that no amount of darkness can ever extinguish the light that You bring into my life. Bring Your light and shine it into the dark and worried parts of my heart, so that I can see Your hope, see Your mercy, and see Your lovingkindness towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 20:19
‘(They) stood up and praised the LORD, with a very loud voice.’
- Sometimes we need to raise our voices in praise and drown out everything else.
- ‘Everything else’ would like to get into your heart and disturb you.
- Have you ever shouted out in praise to God?
- Give it a try and tell yourself that God is great and there is nothing to fear.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to lift my voice and praise Your Name. I choose to drown out all doubt and fear, and I choose to believe what I know to be true. Amen.