Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 47:4
‘He will choose our inheritance for us…’
- We often think that we know what is best for ourselves.
- The truth is that the Lord knows what is best for us in our situation.
- He knows better than any of our imaginations, what is best for us.
- He knows our strengths, our weaknesses, and He knows what is best.
Prayer: Lord, today I recognise that You know better than I. I ask You to choose what is best for me and I ask You to give me the inheritance that You have planned for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Samuel 3:1
‘Now the war between the house of Saul and the house of David was protracted (long). And David grew stronger and stronger, while the house of Saul grew weaker and weaker.’
- Just because nothing changes does not mean that nothing’s happening.
- There was a long battle between David and Saul, but things were changing.
- Through the hardship, David grew stronger and Saul grew weaker.
- Eventually God brought David out on top and He will do the same for you.
Prayer: Lord, help me to not get impatient when things ‘appear’ to be at a standstill. I realise that You are always busy working, and You are working things out for my good. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 46:9 (NLT)
‘He causes wars to end…’
- No situation, regardless of how severe it is, is beyond the hand of God.
- He can turn things around and cause ‘wars’ to cease.
- Perhaps you find yourself in the midst of a great battle?
- He can turn that situation around, and then He brings His peace.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are the miracle-working God. You cause wars to end and You can do a miracle in my situation and bring Your peace into every aspect. Do a miracle for me, I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 40:8 (NLT)
‘I take joy (delight) in doing Your will, my God, for Your instructions are written on my heart.’
- We should take great joy and delight in following the leading of the Lord.
- Our desire to do His will should be written into our DNA.
- Our default mechanism should be to do His will.
- Just as our Saviour did His Father’s will, so we should do the same.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can have the joy and the delight of doing Your will and purpose. Help me not to follow my own opinion, but speak to me, and show me the direction You want me to take, and I will follow You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 38:9
‘All my longings lie open before You, Lord; my sighing is not hidden from You.’
- Your every longing and desire is known by the Lord.
- Even the longings that you cannot put into words, He knows about.
- Even the things we cannot share with anyone else, He knows all about it.
- He cares enough about every detail and responds to our heart’s cry.
Prayer: Lord, I realise that nothing is hidden from You. You know every detail of my life and You care about each and every issue, challenge and hope. I place all these things in Your wonderful hands. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 34:5
‘Those who look to Him are radiant with joy; their faces shall never be ashamed.’
- There is something different about people who are trusting the Lord.
- As we trust in Him, something about the way we look changes.
- Instead of despair and hopelessness, there is confidence and joy.
- Don’t look at your circumstances, but look to Him and He will lift you up.
Prayer: Lord, I lift up my eyes, above the troubles that are around me, and I look to You. You are my hope, You are my salvation and You are the One Who comes and lifts up my head. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 36:9
‘For You are the fountain of life, the light by which we see.’
- The ultimate source of all life is to be found in God Himself.
- Real life and real living can only happen when we discover this fountain.
- In the world we are surrounded by so much darkness, but He is our light.
- And because He is our light, we can see, even in the darkness.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my ‘fountain of life’. In You I can find what I need to thrive and live in victory. You are my light and my salvation, of Whom shall I be afraid? Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 17:27
‘God intended that they would seek Him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us.’
- Right now, God is closer to you than you could think or imagine.
- He wants you to look for Him and even reach out and take hold of Him.
- He is not out of reach, but He is right there, within your grasp.
- Don’t despair, reach out and touch the Lord, as He passes by.
Prayer: Lord, I need You in my life. I realise that You designed me to know and enjoy Your presence in my life. I reach out and I choose to seek You. Thank You that You are right here with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 4:7
‘The LORD our God is near us!’
- The greatest joy a human being can know is that his Creator is close by.
- As His children, we can know this great truth as a reality.
- Your Heavenly Father is not afar off or removed from you.
- You can stand secure, on the solid Rock, because He is with you.
Prayer: Lord, there is no greater joy than knowing that You are with me. Thank You for this great reassurance, and as I trust You, may this truth become my living reality. Amen.