Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 55:8
‘For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
- Our lives are limited by the way we see things and by our perceptions.
- We may take this limited understanding and think it is the reality.
- But there is always another way to view things, and another perspective.
- The Lord sees things from His unlimited perspective and reminds us of His greatness.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for thinking that my perspective is the only perspective. You are great and Your thoughts are greater than my thoughts and Your ways are greater than my ways. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 107:13 (NLT)
‘LORD, help!’ they cried in their trouble, and He saved them from their distress.
- Calling out to God for help is your right and privilege.
- In the deepest valley or the severest trouble, He is waiting for your call.
- He is able to bring you out of a place of darkness and into His wonderful light.
- He is able to break the chains that hold you and set you free.
Prayer: Lord, today I call out to You with all that is within me, and I ask You to intervene and help me. You know the place in which I find myself and You can reach down and lift me up. Do that for me, I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 107:9
‘HE satisfies the longing soul (the thirsty), and the hungry soul HE fills with good things.’
- How awesome it is to know that the Lord knows exactly what we need.
- He knows the longings and the deep-held desires of our hearts.
- It is the Lord alone Who can satisfy the longings deep within our hearts.
- And He promises to satisfy the longings and to fill us with good things.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can approach You with the full knowledge that You know my deepest hopes and desires. I pray that You will come and satisfy my thirsty soul and fill my hungry soul with the joy that only You can give. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 41:38
Pharaoh asked his officials, ‘Can we find anyone else like this man so obviously filled with the Spirit of God?’
- When the Spirit of God is in us, we are different in every way.
- The Spirit of God changes us to our very core.
- Without His Spirit we are like someone stranded in the desert with no water.
- The Spirit of God brings life and releases the potential God has placed in us.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that Your Spirit will come and saturate every area of my life. Come and fill my heart, fill my mind, and fill my soul, and as a result, may others see the difference You have made in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 16:26
‘What do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?’
- Sometimes the price we pay for certain things is simply too high.
- Gaining the whole world is no guarantee of internal happiness.
- We have to look after those aspects of our lives that really matter.
- Take care of the most important part of you – your soul!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that it is never too late to make the main thing the main thing again. You are the One Who restores my soul and with Your help I choose to focus on the things that really matter. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 9:23
Then HE said to them all: ‘Whoever wants to be My disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow Me.’
- We have the joy and the honour of following God with all our hearts.
- This often involves making sure our priorities are correct.
- Often the regrets we have in life come from pursuing the wrong things.
- In the end, all that will matter is, did we know Him and did we follow Him.
Prayer: Lord, help me not to be distracted by all that the world has to offer. May I never forget that my purpose is to follow You and to live the life You have called me to live. I choose to follow You and Your ways. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 11:34
‘Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light. But when it is unhealthy, your body is filled with darkness.’
- Life is full of choices that have the power to enrich our lives or impoverish them.
- We can either allow light into our lives, or darkness.
- Be determined that you will only allow His light to flood your life.
- Invest all you have in achieving this goal, and may you be filled with light.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will remove everything that brings darkness into my life and soul. May I be more determined than ever to know Your light, and Your life in my life and soul. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 6:33
‘Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.’
- Putting God first in our lives is our purpose and destiny.
- Pursuing His Kingdom, and not our own ideas, should be a priority.
- Find time to pray and make time to be used by Him.
- The result will be that He will supply your needs and add to your life.
Prayer: Lord, help me to make good use of the time that You have given me. May You find me faithful, find me grateful, find me thankful, and find me on my knees, as I seek You and Your Kingdom first and foremost in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 23:4
‘Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.’
- Dark valleys are also part of life.
- But even there the Lord comes to remind us that we should not fear.
- The Lord is with you no matter what you are walking through.
- His plan is to bring us through these valleys and into His glorious light.
Prayer: Lord, as I walk through the things that I am facing, may I know the reality of Your presence with me. I will trust in You and I will not be afraid. Amen.