Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 21:1 CEV
‘The LORD was good to Sarah and kept His promise.’
- God was faithful to Sarah, and He fulfilled His promise to her.
- It’s part of His nature to be good to us and to keep His Word.
- These are two characteristics on which you can completely rely.
- Look forward to His goodness to you, and don’t doubt His promises.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can depend on and rely on Your goodness and Your faithfulness towards me. I will believe in You, and I will hold onto the promises, because You are faithful to do as You have said You will do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Revelations 15:3
‘Great and marvellous are Your works, O Lord God, the Almighty. Just and true (pure) are Your ways, O King of the nations.’
- The Lord is great and greatly to be praised.
- You have nothing to fear for the Lord God Almighty is with you.
- His ways are just and true, so you can depend on Him.
- Remind yourself of His greatness, and don’t be shaken by circumstances.
Prayer: Lord, You are great, and You are marvellous. You alone are holy, and I will glorify Your Name. I will remember that Your ways and Your works are perfect. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:30
‘As for God, His way is perfect: The LORD’s Word is flawless; He shields all who take refuge in Him.’
- We may not understand what is happening, but God knows it completely.
- He sees all things from His perspective and works things out.
- His character and His Word can be trusted and depended upon.
- So take refuge in Him, He is your Shield and Defender.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can trust You completely. I can depend on You and on Your Word with complete confidence. I can take refuge in You because You know how to take care of me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 40:11
‘He will feed His flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in His arms.’
- It is the Lord Who will protect and provide for you.
- You are His sheep, and He is your Good Shepherd.
- He will leave the ninety-nine to find and take care of the one.
- Your Heavenly Father loves and cares for you – He will carry you!
Prayer: Lord, how awesome it is to know that I am never alone. You are always with me, and You are ready to protect, provide and carry me. I will rest in Your capable arms. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 16:8 NIV
‘I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.’
- Those whose hearts follow after God will not be overcome by evil.
- They keep their eyes on the Lord and look forward to His favour and blessing.
- They do not fear bad news and if it comes, they are not alarmed.
- Realise that everything is in the hands of God, and He will take care of you.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to fix my eyes on You. You are my Rock and Refuge, regardless of the storms that may come my way. I will hold onto Your hand, and I will stand secure in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 112:4 NIV
‘Even in darkness light dawns for the upright…’
- Light, rising out of darkness, is a beautiful natural wonder.
- Each day brings with it the hope of victory and favour.
- Regardless of the darkness you are facing, His light will dawn for you.
- In the Lord’s perfect time, He will turn things around.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can stand secure in the knowledge that You will bring me through the dark season and into Your marvellous light. With You in my life, darkness will end, and Your light will flood my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 29:11
‘The LORD will give strength unto His people.’
- Weakness is not our inheritance – His divine strength is.
- God-given strength is His plan for our lives.
- Don’t struggle with weakness when He wants to give you His strength.
- Receive His strength, it is greater than any storm you are facing.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your strength which is available to me. I draw from Your strength today and by faith, I believe, that Your strength is flowing into my life right now. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 3:15
‘Let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts.’
- The peace of God is part of His very nature and character.
- The Lord longs for us to experience His peace in our hearts.
- The enemy would like to see to it that His peace, in our lives, is disturbed.
- Don’t give fear and doubt the upper hand, let His peace rule in your heart.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You give me Your gift of peace. I choose to let Your peace have the overriding authority in my heart and life. Come now, and flood my heart with Your peace. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 15:1
‘Do not be afraid, Abram, for I will protect you, and your reward will be great.’
- Sometimes we need a divine reassurance that God will undertake.
- You are in the hands of the Almighty God, and you are in the grip of His grace.
- He will protect you; He will defend you and He will bless you.
- Do not be afraid, for He will protect you, and your reward will be great.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for this confirmation that I do not need to fear, because You are with me. You will work out all the details and You will protect and defend me, and my reward will be worth it all! Amen.