Daily Bible Verse: 1 Peter 2:9b (NLT)
‘You can show others the goodness of God, For He called you out of the darkness and into His wonderful light.’
- The Lord’s plan for you is that you should live in His wonderful light.
- In a world filled with darkness, you can be a beacon of light and hope.
- As we live as people of the light, the world will see the hand of God.
- Let us reject all forms of darkness and let us embrace His light in our lives.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be an example of Your goodness. May others see the light that flows through my life because You are a living reality to me! I choose to walk in Your wonderful light. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Peter 2:9
‘But you are a chosen people… ’
- You have been chosen by God Himself and His hand is on you.
- You have been chosen by God to fulfil a special purpose and plan.
- You are not here by accident or by fate.
- You are here for such a time as this and the Master needs you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You have a plan and purpose for my life. You have chosen and hand-selected me to do what You have pre-prepared for me to do. Help me to fulfil that blueprint You have for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 19:5
‘…you will be My own special treasure… ’
- You are valuable and precious to God and He loves you.
- You are His treasure and He will not allow you to be plucked from His hand.
- No one can take God’s treasures away from Him.
- Let us follow Him with all our hearts and let us enjoy the fact that we are His treasure.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can know that I am valuable and precious in Your sight. I choose to do what pleases You because You are the One who knows and cares for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 16:14
‘Show love in everything you do. ’
- Love should be the guiding force in our daily lives.
- God is love and when we show love we are being like God to others.
- In a world that is harsh and unforgiving, we should shine His love around us.
- In everything you do today and in the future, remember to do it all in love.
Prayer: Lord, may my life reflect Your great love to those around me. Let me not act out of character with the love I have received. Instead let me be a dispenser of Your love to those I come in contact with. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 16:13
‘Be on the alert. Stand firm in the faith. Be men (and women) of courage. Be strong.’
- We should be alert because our enemy goes around like a roaring lion.
- We should stand firm so that we are not tossed to and fro by storms of life.
- We should be people of courage because we serve a mighty God.
- And we should be strong because He will give us the strength we need.
Prayer: Lord, help me to be alert so that the enemy doesn’t get a foothold in my life. May I stand firm in the strength and power You give me and may I be a person of courage who does not shrink back but presses forward. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 1:27
‘Above all, you must live as citizens of heaven, conducting yourselves in a manner worthy of the Good News about Christ.’
- We should always remember that as children of God we are citizens of heaven.
- We are His representatives and His ambassadors here on earth.
- How we live our lives is of great importance, because He has work for us to do.
- Let us live lives that honour the Lord so that others can be touched in the process.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can be a ‘Citizen of Heaven’ and a representative for You. Use my life in such a way that I will be a part of expanding Your Kingdom here on earth and may my life bring glory and praise to You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 18:23
‘If you follow this advice, and if God commands you to do so, then you will be able to endure the pressures…’
- It is always good to get advice and counsel from others before proceeding.
- But after all the advice we need to hear from God and follow His instructions.
- When we do what He tells us to do, we can handle anything that comes our way.
- Let us endeavour to hear His voice on all matters and obey His leading in our lives.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I don’t have to walk this road alone and in my own wisdom. I pray that You will come and lead and guide me so that I can walk in Your ways and avoid unnecessary pressures. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Job 12:13
‘True wisdom and power (strength) are found in God; counsel and understanding are His.’
- In the Lord we can find everything that we will ever need.
- If we need wisdom, He gives wisdom liberally.
- If we need strength, He wants to come alongside us and strengthen us.
- If we need His advice and understanding, He is ready to reveal His heart to us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that in You I can find all I need to face my daily life. In You I can find strength, wisdom, counsel and understanding. I rely on You! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 102:17
‘He will turn His attention (respond & listen) to the prayers of those who have been abandoned (forsaken & destitute). He will not despise their prayers.’
- Our prayers and cries to the Lord for help are things He takes seriously.
- When we feel desperate, despairing and hopeless, He is there to hear our call.
- Today, He will turn His attention to your prayer and hear you.
- So call on Him, He is ready and able to respond to your faith in Him.
Prayer: Lord, I call on You today. You know the condition of my heart and the issues that concern and worry me. In this moment, I bring all these things to You, knowing that You hear and care for me. Amen.