Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 13:14
‘Judah turned and saw that they were being attacked at both front and rear. Then they cried out to the LORD.’
- Sometimes it can feel like we are surrounded and facing battles on every front.
- When the battle is at its worst, let it be the most natural thing to turn to God.
- We should remind ourselves that nothing can stop God from intervening.
- No matter what we are facing, our access to God is never limited.
Prayer: Lord, no matter what I am facing, I choose to remind myself that You are close beside me and that I can continually call out to You for help! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 28:7
‘The LORD is My strength and My shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped!’
- The Lord is your helper and protector.
- You can trust Him with every aspect that challenges you.
- It does not say: ‘He will help’, it says: ‘I am helped’.
- When we call on the Lord, He steps in and we are helped.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that You are MY strength and You are MY shield and You are helping me. My hearts trusts and rests in You! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 27:13
‘I would have despaired had I not believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.’
- Where would we be if we did not believe we would experience God’s favour?
- Without this knowledge we would be utterly hopeless.
- But we can expect His goodness, His mercy and His grace in our lives.
- So don’t despair, rather believe and live with confident expectation.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the wonderful things that you have planned and prepared for me. I will believe in Your goodness towards me no matter what I may be facing. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 8:28
‘And we know that God works ALL things together for the GOOD of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.’
- We can live with the assurance that God will work things out.
- All things are in His hands and nothing can remove them from His hands.
- He takes our challenges and trials and works them into something wonderful.
- Our responsibility is to simply love the Lord and serve His purposes.
Prayer: Lord, what a joy it is to know that You will work things out in my life. Nothing I go through is every wasted, because You can use it and transform it into good in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 1:7
‘God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.’
- Fear does not come from the Lord.
- Fear is something the enemy uses to ruin and control our lives.
- The Lord gives us power, love and a sound mind.
- Don’t settle for anything less than God’s best for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can live my life enabled by Your power, guided by Your love and operating in the sound mind that You have promised me. I resist all fear and anxiety and I choose to live in dependence on You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 14:27
‘Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled; do not be afraid.’
- The Lord wants us to enjoy a gift – peace of mind and heart.
- It is a gift that He freely gives and a gift we can freely receive.
- The world’s peace is empty, but His peace passes all understanding.
- His peace is our sure foundation and therefore we do not need to fear.
Prayer: Lord, I receive Your gift of peace into my heart and mind today. I choose Your peace over my wisdom, thoughts and fears. Fill me with You peace so that I can enjoy a life without fear. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 14:1
‘Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God;believe also in Me.’
- Living with troubled hearts can be a debilitating thing.
- It robs us of the joy of life and our confidence in God.
- Our Saviour tells us not to allow this condition to develop in our lives.
- We can trust the Lord with every care, worry and concern.
Prayer: Lord, I give You those things that concern and trouble my heart. I want to enjoy the freedom of knowing that I can trust You with every detail of life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:6
‘Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your specific requests known to God.’
- In everything that life may bring across our paths, the Lord is ready to help us.
- There is no situation or circumstance that is beyond His help.
- Worry, anxiety and fear undermine our faith and confidence.
- Keep on bringing your requests to the Lord and see what He will do.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me in every situation I face. Nothing is too difficult for You and You will help me, so I do not need to be anxious or fearful. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 16:13
‘Be on the alert. Stand firm in the faith. Be men (women) of courage. Be strong.’
- We must stay alert, be on our guard and keep watching.
- The enemy seeks to devour and destroy.
- The Lord wants to bring us His life and peace.
- So stand firm, be courageous, stay strong and He will be your life and peace.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to stand firm in my faith in You. I will be courageous and strong as I believe and hold onto the hope I have in You. Amen.