Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 4:1
‘Live in a way that pleases God.’
- The way in which we live our lives can bring honour and praise to the Lord.
- Our daily walk of life should be something that honours Him.
- It starts with each decision we take and each choice of attitude we make.
- Be determined to live in such a way, that all you do, pleases Him.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that my life would be a fragrant offering to You. You see my every choice and decision, and I choose to live a life that brings You praise and glory. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 3:13
‘May He strengthen your hearts…!’
- To face the issues and challenges of life, our hearts need to be strong.
- We can have strong hearts or we can have hearts that fail us due to fear and concern.
- The Lord is the One who comes alongside us to strengthen our hearts.
- He will make your heart strong so that you can face life with confidence.
Prayer: Lord, I ask that You would come and strengthen and establish my heart. Strengthen me so that I can stand secure in the storms of life and having done all to stay standing in Your strength. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 1:4
‘God loves you and has chosen you to be His own people.’
- You are valuable and precious to the Lord and He loves you dearly.
- He has chosen you because He cares for you and has a purpose for your life.
- You are His precious child and He will take care of you.
- Rest in His love and be secure because you belong to Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for choosing me as Your very own child. I will trust and not be afraid, because what can man do to me when I have a Heavenly Father who loves and cares for me? Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 1:1
‘May God give you grace and peace!’
- There are two things the Lord wants us to experience as a living reality.
- He wants us to know and enjoy His grace and His peace in our daily lives.
- These are gifts that we can take hold of and receive for ourselves.
- Receive His abundant grace and His unlimited peace in your heart and life today.
Prayer: Lord, I receive Your grace and peace in to my heart and situation right now. I declare that Your grace and Your peace are my portion and inheritance and I receive them in my life and give them right of way in my circumstances. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 27:14
‘Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!’
- Impatience has the capacity to destroy many wonderful opportunities.
- In most areas of life, timing is everything.
- The Lord knows the perfect time for every breakthrough we need.
- So wait, be patient, take heart, be courageous and expect great things from God.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for being impatient and always wanting answers immediately. You see things from a different perspective and so I can rest secure as I patiently trust You to work out every detail of my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 27:13
‘I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.’
- Don’t give up your confidence and your trust in the Almighty.
- Stand firm and secure, knowing that He will come through for you.
- You WILL see His goodness in your lifetime.
- Don’t be in a hurry and don’t be impatient, He will do what you cannot do.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that I am confident in You, my Lord and Saviour. You work all things out for my good and so I can live with confident expectation that I will see Your goodness in this life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 31:19
‘How great is the goodness You have stored up for those who fear (honour) You. You lavish it on those who come to You for protection, blessing them before the watching world.’
- Can you see the picture: ‘The Lord is storing up blessings for you!’
- As you live in a way that honours Him and as you trust Him, He prepares blessings.
- His plan is to lavish and bestow His favour and blessing on your life.
- So take refuge in Him, trust Him, and He will bless you in front of a watching world.
Prayer: Lord, I place my full confidence and trust in You. You are my refuge and protection. May I know and experience Your goodness, favour and blessing on my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 23:5
‘You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.’
- The Lord has wonderful and good things planned for you.
- You may have had enemies, but He will bring you to a place of peace.
- He will come and anoint your life with His favour and blessing.
- You will have reason to rejoice and your cup will overflow.
Prayer: Lord, You are the One who can come and prepare a table for me even when the situation seems most unlikely. I ask You to do this miracle for me and may my life be filled with Your joy. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 3:11
‘He has made everything beautiful in its time.’
- The Lord is in the business of turning things around and making them beautiful.
- He says He will take our ashes and bring forth beauty.
- He will take our desperate situations and work them all out for the good.
- Sometimes the timing doesn’t make sense to us, but He controls that as well.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You make everything beautiful in its time. Take my life and my situation and bring forth Your beauty and goodness in my situation I pray. Amen.