Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 121:7
‘The LORD will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul.’
- We can have the best protection in the world, but that does not guarantee safety.
- But when we know that the Lord is protecting us, we can rest secure.
- He is your Protector and your Keeper.
- Don’t give in to fear but trust Him to keep and protect you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my Protector. I will trust and I will not be afraid, because You are with me and You will keep my soul. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 1:5
‘I (the Lord) will be with you.’
- The promise of the Lord is that He will always be with us.
- Today He is with you and each day that lies ahead He will also be with you.
- Not even death can separate us from Him and His great love for us.
- No matter how you feel today, know that He is with you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I am never alone, abandoned or forsaken by You. You are with me and that gives me the strength I need to take the next step and carry on. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 24:11
‘…they saw God, and did eat and drink.’
- What a wonderful thought that these people could see God in their situation.
- The Lord wants you to see His hand in our own situations and circumstances.
- Expect the Lord to show Himself strong on your behalf.
- So be expectant, for as this happens, you will have reason to rejoice and celebrate.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that I will see You at work in my life. You know what I am facing and going through. I trust in Your mighty working power in my heart and circumstances. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 2:19
‘You are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God's people and also members of His household.’
- How wonderful it is to know that we belong and can enjoy a sense of belonging.
- We belong to God and we are members of His household.
- You are part of God’s wonderful worldwide family.
- You do not need to feel alone, you are a ‘fellow citizen’ and part of His family.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the sense of belonging that I can enjoy as one of Your children. I am not a stranger or a foreigner or a slave. I am Your child and I belong to You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Peter 2:9b (NLT)
‘You can show others the goodness of God, For He called you out of the darkness and into His wonderful light.’
- The Lord’s plan for you is that you should live in His wonderful light.
- In a world filled with darkness, you can be a beacon of light and hope.
- As we live as people of the light, the world will see the hand of God.
- Let us reject all forms of darkness and let us embrace His light in our lives.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be an example of Your goodness. May others see the light that flows through my life because You are a living reality to me! I choose to walk in Your wonderful light. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Peter 2:9
‘But you are a chosen people… ’
- You have been chosen by God Himself and His hand is on you.
- You have been chosen by God to fulfil a special purpose and plan.
- You are not here by accident or by fate.
- You are here for such a time as this and the Master needs you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You have a plan and purpose for my life. You have chosen and hand-selected me to do what You have pre-prepared for me to do. Help me to fulfil that blueprint You have for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 19:5
‘…you will be My own special treasure… ’
- You are valuable and precious to God and He loves you.
- You are His treasure and He will not allow you to be plucked from His hand.
- No one can take God’s treasures away from Him.
- Let us follow Him with all our hearts and let us enjoy the fact that we are His treasure.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can know that I am valuable and precious in Your sight. I choose to do what pleases You because You are the One who knows and cares for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 16:14
‘Show love in everything you do. ’
- Love should be the guiding force in our daily lives.
- God is love and when we show love we are being like God to others.
- In a world that is harsh and unforgiving, we should shine His love around us.
- In everything you do today and in the future, remember to do it all in love.
Prayer: Lord, may my life reflect Your great love to those around me. Let me not act out of character with the love I have received. Instead let me be a dispenser of Your love to those I come in contact with. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 16:13
‘Be on the alert. Stand firm in the faith. Be men (and women) of courage. Be strong.’
- We should be alert because our enemy goes around like a roaring lion.
- We should stand firm so that we are not tossed to and fro by storms of life.
- We should be people of courage because we serve a mighty God.
- And we should be strong because He will give us the strength we need.
Prayer: Lord, help me to be alert so that the enemy doesn’t get a foothold in my life. May I stand firm in the strength and power You give me and may I be a person of courage who does not shrink back but presses forward. Amen.