Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 51:10
‘Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.’
- The Lord is very interested in the condition of our hearts.
- Hardened hearts produce problems and pure hearts produce life.
- Give Him the right of way to work within your heart and spirit.
- He will cleanse your heart and He will renew your spirit within you.
Prayer: Lord, I give you my heart, I give you my soul, I live for You alone. Every breath that I take, every moment I’m awake, Lord have Your way in me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 102:18
‘Let this be recorded for future generations, so that a people not yet born will praise the LORD.’
- Do you realise that the way you live your life can have intergenerational results?
- If your life would have an effect on a generation not yet born, would it change things?
- Let’s live in such a way that those who come after us will also praise the Lord.
- Your life is much more than just the moment you are in, it has a lasting effect.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be something that does not just last for a moment, but may it be something that will have a lasting and a positive impact on those who will follow after me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 1:3
‘When your faith is tested, your endurance (perseverance) has a chance to grow.’
- It is often difficult when we face tests and trials.
- But even the test and trials of life is something that the Lord uses.
- He takes the things we go through and produces more of His character in our lives.
- If you are facing some tests, take heart, He is not finished with you yet.
Prayer: Lord, I have to admit that tests and trials, especially of my faith, are not always easy, but I realise that You are at work in me. May my life bring You the glory and praise that You are worthy of. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 3:17-18
‘I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power to grasp how wide and long and high and deep His love is.’
- Our lives should be rooted and built on the foundation of His great love.
- The underlining reality of our daily lives should be the fact that He loves us.
- His love is something we need to grasp, because it is so great that we can’t miss it.
- May you know, beyond any doubt, how greatly you are loved by the Lord.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great love for me. Today I realise that Your love is far more than my mind and heart can ever conceive or grasp, but I will rest in the knowledge that You love and care for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 1:2
‘Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds.’
- At first glance this may seem like a great contradiction.
- But the Lord makes sure everything we go through has purpose and meaning.
- He takes the ‘many trials’ and works through them to bring about good.
- It is for this reason, that regardless of what we are facing, we can still rejoice.
Prayer: Lord, I realise that You are the One who takes the challenges and turns them into testimonies. You take the hurdles that we face, and You turn them into victories. I will rejoice in all things, because You will work them out for my good. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 13:25
‘May His grace be with you all.’
- The Lord wants us to experience and enjoy His grace in and on our lives.
- His grace is His kindness, favour, goodwill and love that is leaning towards us.
- We can just reach out and take hold of it for ourselves.
- Take hold of it for yourself today, and never let it go!
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your grace towards me. I take hold of it, by faith, right now, and I declare that Your grace, kindness, favour, goodwill and love are mine today and always. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 2:13
‘The Lord is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.’
- How awesome it is to think that the Lord is at work within each one of us.
- Right now, He is working in your heart and in your life.
- We should embrace this work that He is doing in our lives.
- The end result will be living lives that honour and please Him in every way.
Prayer: Lord, I embrace Your workings in my life today. I give You the ‘right of way’ to adjust my desires in line with Your plans and to give me the power I need to do what pleases You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 13:21
‘May He equip you with all you need for doing His will.’
- The Lord has a plan and a purpose with your life.
- His desire is that you would end up doing His will.
- In order to achieve this, He undertakes to equip, prepare and provide what you need.
- He will supply all you need to do what He has destined you for.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the destiny and purpose that You have placed on my life. I receive all I need to be able to do what pleases and honours You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 13:16
‘Don't forget to do good and to share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please the Lord.’
- Each day we have many opportunities to be used by the Lord and to be a blessing.
- Sometimes we are so consumed that we miss the opportunity to be a blessing.
- Don’t forget to do good and to be a blessing to others.
- When we have this attitude, the Lord can use us, and it pleases Him.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be an instrument in Your hands, to reach out and touch the lives of others with Your love and kindness. Help me not to miss one opportunity to be a blessing and to please You in the way I live my life. Amen.