Daily Bible Verse: 1 Peter 2:24
‘HE personally carried our sins in His body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. ’
- Christ carried our sins in His body on the cross so that we could be freed from our sins.
- This brings us face to face with a great mystery.
- That One could carry all our sins and griefs so that we could walk tall.
- HE wants us to live for what is right and not be slaves to sin.
Prayer: Lord, Your great sacrifice is something that still amazes and perplexes me. How could You suffer and do so much for me? I want to stop and express my gratitude and thanks for what You did for me! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 53:5
‘He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.’
- Our Lord paid the price so that we could walk in freedom and liberty.
- He was punished so that we could have peace.
- He was bruised, wounded and died that we can live life free and at peace.
- As you remember His death and the price that was paid, rejoice, it was for you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You for all that You have done for me. I want to pause and remember what an awesome price was paid and I want to embrace and receive afresh Your love for me! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 8:11
‘If the Spirit of Him who raised Christ from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of His Spirit who lives in you.’
- How wonderful it is to know that the Spirit of God lives in us.
- Because He lives in us, His power can be at work within us.
- His mighty working power will give you the strength that you need.
- Through His death and resurrection, you can know newness of life.
Prayer: Lord, may Your Spirit work within my life and body. May I know the life-giving flow that flows from You to me. May I live, because You live within me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 21:33
‘Abraham planted a tree in Beersheba, and there he called on the name of the LORD, the Eternal God.’
- Sometimes we just need to pause and stop and then call on the name of the Lord.
- Abraham stopped, planted a tree, and called on God.
- Remember the Eternal God is your refuge.
- The Lord is just a prayer away and He hears us when we call on Him.
Prayer: Lord, I want to take this moment to pause and call on You. I give You my situation and the cares and concerns that I am carrying, because You are the Eternal God in whom I can take refuge. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 40:28
‘Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary.’
- The Lord is the everlasting God and He knows no end.
- The Lord is the creator of all things and yet knows us intimately.
- The Lord NEVER grows weak or tired.
- There is nothing that is too difficult or too challenging for Him to handle.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can look to You as my source and hope. You never get tired and weary, so I can always come to You no matter what the situation or circumstances. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Job 36:5
‘God is mighty, but He does not despise anyone! He is mighty in both power and understanding.’
- How wonderful it is to know that we serve a mighty God.
- He does not reject, despise or judge us, but He loves us and He is with us.
- Man may despise us, but God accepts and receives us.
- He understands what we are going through and He has the power to change things.
Prayer: Lord, You are my Mighty God! You are the One who truly understands me and my situation. I choose to rest secure in Your love and care for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 19:21
‘Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.’
- We all have many dreams and plans that we hope will come to pass.
- It is always good to live with vision and purpose.
- At the same time we must never forget God’s purposes in our lives.
- In the end it is the Lord’s purposes that should have the greatest priority.
Prayer: Lord, I dedicate my life and future into Your hands. I choose Your purposes and plans for my life above my own desires and dreams. May Your purposes prevail. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 55:11
‘So also will be the word that I speak -- it will not fail to do what I plan for it; it will do everything I send it to do.’
- When the Lord speaks, things happen.
- His words are sent out in order to accomplish His purposes.
- We can totally depend and rely on His words and promises.
- Take hold of what He has given you and believe that He will do what He has said.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for all the words and promises that You speak. The words from Your mouth will not return empty or void, but they will be fulfilled. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 24:35
‘Heaven and earth will pass away, but My Words will never pass away.’
- Everything in life is temporary and comes and goes.
- What we see with our eyes is temporary and soon passes from sight.
- But we have a foundation on which we can build our lives – His Words!
- So we don’t focus on the issues around us, we focus on HIM and HIS Words.
Prayer: Lord, thank you for the security and permanence that You bring into our lives. We choose to build our lives on the firm foundation and we know that it can only be found in You. Amen.