Daily Bible Verse: 1 John 1:5
‘The Lord is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.’
- We should never doubt the Lord’s goodness towards us.
- Even if we are going through difficult times, His goodness remains.
- There is no darkness in Him at all, so let go of the mistaken tone of distrust.
- Reject every unwarranted suspicion regarding His faithfulness and believe.
Prayer: Lord, You are my light and my salvation. I will trust and not be afraid. I will believe that You are good and that there is ‘no darkness’ in Your heart towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 7:11
‘So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!’
- Giving good things, is part of the Lord’s character and nature towards us.
- We serve a good, good Father and He loves and cares for us.
- Not even the best earthly father can be compared to our Heavenly Father.
- He has so much more in store for us and we need to step out and ask.
Prayer: Lord, what a privilege it is to be Your child and to know that You care for me and You want to bless me. I bring my requests to You today, and I place them at Your feet, believing that You will undertake. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 85:12
‘The LORD will indeed provide what is good, and our land will yield its increase.’
- The Lord is your provider.
- He will indeed provide you with what is good and needed in your life.
- He wants to come and cause your life to be fruitful and productive.
- Expect His best and believe for His hand of blessing in all areas of your life.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my provider. You are the One who knows my need and knows how to meet that need. I look forward to the blessing and productivity that You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 1:17
‘Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.’
- Do you realise that the Lord has good and perfect gifts in store for you?
- Even the good things that you enjoy today, are gifts from His hands.
- They are not earned or deserved, they are gifts that are freely given.
- Depend on Him to do this, because He does not constantly change His mind.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for every good and perfect gift that comes from Your hands to bless and enrich my life. You are my Heavenly Father and I can depend on You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 John 4:7
‘Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God.’
- Every day is a gift and an opportunity to spread the love of the Lord.
- When we show love to others, we are reflecting the Lord into their lives.
- Be an instrument in His hands to bring blessing and hope to others.
- Let His love shine through your life, and in the way you care for others.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be a reflection of the fact that I am loved by You and that I love You. Cause my life to be a blessing to those around me so that they will be convinced of Your love for them. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 1:6
‘The LORD watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.’
- Doing the right thing always leads to blessing in the long term.
- The wicked may prosper for a moment, but the Lord will watch over the godly.
- The Lord does not just watch our steps, but He watches our path.
- He knows what He has in store, and He wants to lead us along His path for us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that right now You are watching over me and my life. I choose to do what honours and pleases You, for I know that in the end I will see Your blessing and favour resting on me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 8:3
‘If anyone loves God, he is known by Him.’
- Our love for the Lord does not go unnoticed by Him.
- He sees and He knows those who love and long to serve Him.
- To be known by the Lord is to be recognised and accepted by Him.
- He knows you by name and He is aware of your requests and He love you.
Prayer: Lord, I declare my love for You, my Lord and my Saviour. Thank You that You ‘see’ me, and You are intricately aware of every aspect of my life, hopes and dreams. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 1:12
‘Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love Him.’
- Tests and trials are all part of this journey that we call life.
- There is, however, blessing in store for those who will persevere and not give up.
- So let us pass the test and be ready to receive His blessings on our lives.
- In the end, there awaits a ‘crown of life’ that He has promised, so stand firm.
Prayer: Lord, may I be found faithful as I face the trials and tests that are uniquely mine. May I persevere, persist and continue until I walk in the victory that You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 1:6
‘When you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.’
- Doubt and belief cannot cooperate with each other.
- We either doubt or we believe.
- Doubt robs us of our confidence and brings instability and insecurity into our lives.
- When we believe, we can stand secure and walk in confidence with the Lord.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to believe, and I choose to reject doubt and its cohort of fear. I will believe, regardless of how the situation may look or present itself to me. I will trust and not be afraid. Amen.