Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 16:5 (GNT)
‘You, LORD, are all I have, and You give me all I need; my future is in Your hands.’
- What a wonderful joy to know that our futures are in the Lord’s hands.
- We don’t have to work everything out or solve every situation.
- He is in control and He is our provider and source.
- Give every concern, worry and care to Him, and He will take care of you.
Prayer: Lord, I place my life and my future into Your hands. You are my source and so I will keep my eyes on You and see how You will undertake for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Lamentations 3:24 (GNT)
‘The LORD is all I have, and so in Him I put my hope.’
- When we realise that the Lord is all we have, we realise that we have all that we need.
- Don’t put your hope in other things, put your hope in Him.
- Deep in your heart say, ‘The LORD is all I need; I can depend on Him!’
- For this reason you can have hope and be filled with confidence.
Prayer: Lord, You are my Alpha and Omega. You are my beginning and my end. All of my hope and confidence is in You and I look to You for everything that I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Lamentations 3:23
‘Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.’
- We need to remind ourselves that the Lord is faithful, and His faithfulness is great.
- He has been our Faithful One in the past and He is our hope for the year to come.
- In addition, He comes and makes His new mercies available to us on a daily basis.
- Embrace, take hold and receive his new mercies for today and for this new year.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your fresh, new mercies that are available to me right now. Help me to face this year fully persuaded that You are faithful, and that I have nothing to fear. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Timothy 4:12
‘Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.’
- You and I have a purpose and plan to fulfil.
- We should be like shining lights and examples to those around us.
- Regardless of whether you are young or old, let His light shine through you.
- His light, shining through us, can change the world in which we live.
Prayer: Lord, may Your light shine through me so that all those around me will be aware of Your presence and may hope flood their souls as a result of my example. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Timothy 4:10
‘We have put our hope in the Living God, who is the Saviour of all people, and especially of those who believe.’
- This is a good time of the year to make some quality decisions.
- Take a moment and reaffirm your hope in the Lord.
- You can look to Him as you face the future.
- If you can just believe, all things are possible.
Prayer: Lord, I look forward filled with hope and faith that You will be my Saviour and that nothing will come my way that I cannot handle if You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 43:18
‘Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.’
- Now is a time for a change in perspective.
- We need to stop looking in the rear-view mirror and start to look ahead.
- What is past is in the past and the future lies ahead of us.
- Look ahead, look ahead, and be filled with anticipation and hope.
Prayer: Lord, I celebrate what You have placed ahead of me. Help me to step away from the past and embrace a future that You are fully in control of. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Lamentation 3:22
‘The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease.’
- The love and faithfulness of the Lord towards you will never end.
- The LORD'S lovingkindness will indeed never cease.
- You can expect a new supply, of His love and mercy, as you take on the future.
- Walk forward with confidence and assurance – He is already there!
Prayer: Lord, thank You for this wonderful opportunity to step into this new season and this new time. I look forward, with great expectation, to Your faithful love and mercy that will carry me through. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 9:6
‘And He will be called: Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.’
- The gift of our Saviour provided us with all we will ever need.
- Every human need is met in the gift that God gave on that first Christmas.
- He is your Wonderful Counsellor and your Mighty God.
- He is your Everlasting Father and your Prince of Peace.
Prayer: Lord, You have made provision for every need and longing of my heart. Be to me a Wonderful Counsellor, a Mighty God, an Everlasting Father and my Prince of Peace. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 9:6
‘For a child is born to us, a son is given to us.’
- The greatest gift of all was not wrapped in gift wrap.
- The greatest gift of all was wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.
- This great gift was not an ordinary baby, but He was the Saviour of the world.
- He was given to us to show us the love of God and change our hearts forever.
Prayer: Lord, change my heart and make it new with the reality of Your Son and the giving of the greatest gift. I receive that gift for myself today. Amen.