Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 3:3
‘You, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.’
- We need to begin to see things as they really are.
- The truth is that the Lord loves you and surrounds you with His protection.
- He lifts you up and picks up your head so that you can see and have vision.
- Embrace His touch and His involvement in your life today.
Prayer: Thou oh Lord, are a shield for me. You are my glory and the lifter of my head. I cry to You oh Lord with my voice, and You hear and sustain me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 15:1
The word of the LORD came to Abram: ‘Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward.’
- What a comforting and reassuring word Abram received from the Lord.
- These faithful words can also be a comfort to you.
- You do not need to fear; you have a shield and a great reward.
- ‘Do not be afraid. I am your shield, your very great reward.’
Prayer: Lord, I receive this word today as a word that comes from Your mouth to my heart. I will not fear, but I will trust and not be afraid. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Numbers 18:20
And the LORD said, ‘I am YOUR portion and YOUR inheritance!’
- The Lord has wonderful things in store of each one of us.
- But the greatest gift of all is Himself, to us as His children.
- You may not get your portion or an inheritance in this life.
- However, in God, you are guaranteed an inheritance, both now and for eternity.
Prayer: Lord, Thank You that You are my portion and my inheritance. I recognise that ultimately my fulfilment comes from You and not from man. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Numbers 13:33
‘We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.’
- Never underestimate yourself when you bring God into the equation.|
- How you see yourself is not as important as how God sees you.
- Reject any low self-image, and believe that the Lord will do great things.
- What you think others think of you is nothing compared to what God says about you.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for believing in anything less than what You say about me. I reject all negative self-thought and I choose to believe in Your words and thoughts towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 40:37
‘As long as the cloud stayed there (did not move), they did not move their camp.’
- When the cloud moved, the people moved, when the cloud stopped, they stopped.
- Obedience to the leading and guidance of God is very important.
- Perhaps the hardest thing to do is to ‘stay put’ when He does not tell us to move.
- Don’t rush ahead and do your own thing, wait for His instructions.
Prayer: Lord, help me not to run ahead of myself and Your instructions for my life. Give me the patience to wait for Your leading before I proceed, because Your ways and plans are always the best thing for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Numbers 7:89
‘When Moses entered the tent of meeting to speak with the LORD, he heard the voice speaking to him… In this way the LORD spoke to him.’
- Our relationship with the Lord should always be a two-way street.
- We can talk to God, but He also wants to speak to us.
- When we bring our requests, we should always be ready to hear His voice.
- The Lord wants to speak to you. Pause, listen and hear what He will say.
Prayer: Lord, as I bring my requests and petitions to You, help me not to be so consumed with my issues, that I do not hear the words You want to speak to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Numbers 6:12
‘The previous days do not count…’
- The Lord is the God of today.
- He is ‘I am’, not ‘I was’ or ‘I will be’, but ‘I am’.
- Each day comes to us as a gift, fresh from the Lord.
- Yesterday is gone, tomorrow isn’t guaranteed, today is what you have!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can forget the ‘former things’ and I can embrace what is in front of me. You have given me today, and I choose to live in today, and forget about yesterday, as I trust in You for the future. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 4:15
‘Then the LORD said to Joshua…’
- It is vitally important that we listen to and obey what God tells us to do.
- If you sense His leading and prompting to do something, then do it.
- Whatever He tells you to do, make it a priority to do it.
- Obedience leads to blessing in our lives, so follow His direction.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that it is my will and my desire to obey and follow what You say to me. I choose Your ways over my ways, regardless of what the costs may be. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 4:14
‘On that day the LORD exalted Joshua in the sight of all Israel, and they revered him all the days of his life!’
- Ultimately honour is something that comes from God.
- If we will be faithful and obedient to His leading, He will bring us honour.
- When honour comes from man, it can be removed at any time.
- But when the honour comes from the Lord, no man can take it from us.
Prayer: Lord, just as You honoured Joshua for his faithfulness and obedience, I pray that You will honour me as I choose to give You first place in my life. Amen.