Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:18
‘Be thankful in all circumstances…’
- Thankfulness is a vital component for a fulfilled life.
- Ultimately thankfulness is a choice we make.
- We aren’t necessarily thankful for circumstances but in the circumstances.
- We can always find something to be thankful for and we should focus on that!
Prayer: Lord, I want to take this moment to remind myself of the many things I have to be thankful for. I choose to be a thankful person even while I am trusting You for answers in other areas of my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:14
‘Encourage those who are timid. Take tender care of those who are weak. Be patient with everyone.’
- Often, we desire kindness and mercy towards ourselves and justice for others.
- We need to have a change of heart and see others from HIS perspective.
- We need to be a source of strength to those who are faint-hearted.
- We need to show care to those who are weak and we must always be patient.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be a picture of Your character to those in my sphere of influence. May people who encounter me be encouraged, cared for and blessed by my patience and kindness towards them. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:11
‘So, encourage each other and build each other up!’
- We live in a world where people are so quick to get angry and break others down.
- But the Lord gives us a different directive.
- He tells us that we should operate differently and encourage and build up others.
- What can you do, for someone today, that will encourage and build them up?
Prayer: Lord, I want to be an instrument in Your hands. May my life be a source of hope to others and may I encourage and build up others, as You have instructed me to do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:10
‘We can live with Him forever.’
- There is a great and wonderful future that lies ahead for each child of God.
- Our future includes an eternity with the Lord forever.
- Don’t allow the cares of life to rob you of this wonderful reality.
- Life may have its challenges, but we are destined to live with HIM forever.
Prayer: Lord, what a wonderful thought to think that I will live with You forever. May I never forget this awesome reality, and may I live as though this wonderful fact is real in my daily life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:5
‘You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.’
- There is something special about you!
- You are His child and as such you belong to the light and not to the darkness.
- You are not a mere product of the age or world in which you live.
- You are a product of His light, so let the darkness flee and let His light flood your soul.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can be Your child. I choose to live in Your light and to have nothing to do with darkness in whatever form it may present itself. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 44:2
‘This is the word of the LORD, your Maker, who formed you from the womb and will help you: Do not be afraid!’
- How wonderful it is to know that the Lord formed and made us.
- He knows every detail of our fabric and make-up.
- In all of this He wants to speak to us, help us and make His love for us a reality.
- The Lord does not want us to fear, but He wants us to trust Him and not be afraid.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the intricate way in which You are involved in my life. Thank You for making me and putting me together according to Your plans for me. I will trust in You and I will not be afraid. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 91:15
‘When he calls out to Me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble. I will deliver and honour him.’
- The Lord has wonderful interventions planned for those who love Him.
- He promises to answer those who call to Him.
- He undertakes to be with those who are facing trouble.
- He gives us the reassurance that He will deliver us and honour us.
Prayer: Lord, I call out to You today. You know my situation and my concerns and cares. I release it all into Your all-powerful hands and I look forward with expectation to the answers and breakthroughs You will provide. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 12:26
‘If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, My servant will be as well. If anyone serves Me, the Father will honour him.’
- There are great rewards for those who choose to follow the Lord and serve Him.
- Once you have made your choice, you will never be separated from Him.
- What you are doing does not go unnoticed by the Lord.
- Your faithfulness and serving will bring you honour before your Heavenly Father.
Prayer: Lord, it is my desire and my choice to follow and serve You with all my heart. May my life be an instrument in Your hands to bring hope, healing and life to those around me! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 4:17
‘And so we will be with the Lord forever.’
- Eternity with the Lord, is His plan for your future.
- We are eternal spiritual beings having a temporary physical experience.
- Often life seems so overwhelming that we think that that is all there is.
- But let me remind you that you are destined to be with the Lord forever.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for this earthly life You have blessed me with. But may I never forget that I am one breath away from Your presence and my eternal future with You. Amen.