Daily Bible Verse: James 1:12
‘Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love Him.’
- Tests and trials are all part of this journey that we call life.
- There is, however, blessing in store for those who will persevere and not give up.
- So let us pass the test and be ready to receive His blessings on our lives.
- In the end, there awaits a ‘crown of life’ that He has promised, so stand firm.
Prayer: Lord, may I be found faithful as I face the trials and tests that are uniquely mine. May I persevere, persist and continue until I walk in the victory that You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 1:6
‘When you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.’
- Doubt and belief cannot cooperate with each other.
- We either doubt or we believe.
- Doubt robs us of our confidence and brings instability and insecurity into our lives.
- When we believe, we can stand secure and walk in confidence with the Lord.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to believe, and I choose to reject doubt and its cohort of fear. I will believe, regardless of how the situation may look or present itself to me. I will trust and not be afraid. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:46
‘The LORD lives! Praise my defender! Proclaim the greatness of the Lord who saves me.’
- The Lord lives – never doubt His existence or His care for you.
- The Lord is your defender and the One who protects and provides for you.
- Speak out about His greatness and His goodness, so that all around you can hear of it.
- He will save you, He will come through for you and He will be a living reality to you.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that You are my Lord and Saviour. You live and You promise never to leave or forsake me, so I can rejoice and declare Your greatness in a world that needs the hope that can only come from You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 51:10
‘Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.’
- The Lord is very interested in the condition of our hearts.
- Hardened hearts produce problems and pure hearts produce life.
- Give Him the right of way to work within your heart and spirit.
- He will cleanse your heart and He will renew your spirit within you.
Prayer: Lord, I give you my heart, I give you my soul, I live for You alone. Every breath that I take, every moment I’m awake, Lord have Your way in me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 102:18
‘Let this be recorded for future generations, so that a people not yet born will praise the LORD.’
- Do you realise that the way you live your life can have intergenerational results?
- If your life would have an effect on a generation not yet born, would it change things?
- Let’s live in such a way that those who come after us will also praise the Lord.
- Your life is much more than just the moment you are in, it has a lasting effect.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be something that does not just last for a moment, but may it be something that will have a lasting and a positive impact on those who will follow after me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 1:3
‘When your faith is tested, your endurance (perseverance) has a chance to grow.’
- It is often difficult when we face tests and trials.
- But even the test and trials of life is something that the Lord uses.
- He takes the things we go through and produces more of His character in our lives.
- If you are facing some tests, take heart, He is not finished with you yet.
Prayer: Lord, I have to admit that tests and trials, especially of my faith, are not always easy, but I realise that You are at work in me. May my life bring You the glory and praise that You are worthy of. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 3:17-18
‘I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power to grasp how wide and long and high and deep His love is.’
- Our lives should be rooted and built on the foundation of His great love.
- The underlining reality of our daily lives should be the fact that He loves us.
- His love is something we need to grasp, because it is so great that we can’t miss it.
- May you know, beyond any doubt, how greatly you are loved by the Lord.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great love for me. Today I realise that Your love is far more than my mind and heart can ever conceive or grasp, but I will rest in the knowledge that You love and care for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 1:2
‘Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds.’
- At first glance this may seem like a great contradiction.
- But the Lord makes sure everything we go through has purpose and meaning.
- He takes the ‘many trials’ and works through them to bring about good.
- It is for this reason, that regardless of what we are facing, we can still rejoice.
Prayer: Lord, I realise that You are the One who takes the challenges and turns them into testimonies. You take the hurdles that we face, and You turn them into victories. I will rejoice in all things, because You will work them out for my good. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 13:25
‘May His grace be with you all.’
- The Lord wants us to experience and enjoy His grace in and on our lives.
- His grace is His kindness, favour, goodwill and love that is leaning towards us.
- We can just reach out and take hold of it for ourselves.
- Take hold of it for yourself today, and never let it go!
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your grace towards me. I take hold of it, by faith, right now, and I declare that Your grace, kindness, favour, goodwill and love are mine today and always. Amen.