Daily Bible Verse: John 14:27
‘My peace I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled; do not be afraid.’
- The Lord wants to give you His gift of peace today.
- There is so much happening that can rob us of our peace.
- He comes to reassure us and He says: ‘Do not let your hearts be troubled!’
- Give Him your fearful and troubled heart, and receive His gift of peace.
Prayer: Lord, today I take my troubled, concerned and fearful heart and I place it at Your feet. In exchange, I receive the peace which passes all understanding and the peace that You give to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 86:5 NLT
‘O Lord, You are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for Your help.’
- Everything we need and long for can be found in our faithful God.
- Do you need His goodness and kindness – He wants to be good to you.
- Do you need His forgiveness – He is ready to forgive you.
- Do you need to feel His love – His unfailing love is reaching out to you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your goodness towards me. Forgive me for trying to do life in my own strength. Help me, I pray, so that I can experience and rely on Your unfailing love towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 145:9
‘The LORD is good to ALL; He has compassion on ALL He has made.’
- The Lord is a Good Father Who loves and cares for you.
- He made you and He will take care of you.
- Everything He does is filled with His love and compassion.
- Nothing escapes His view and His mercies are new every morning.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my Good Father and my Good Shepherd. I receive Your new mercies, Your great love and Your kind compassion towards me, right now. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 12:2a NLT
‘Don’t copy the behaviour and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.’
- Our thought life has a great influence on our daily lives.
- You can copy the world and be worried, fearful and anxious.
- Or let God transform you, and let your faith be greater than your fears.
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart; let Him transform and change you.
Prayer: Lord, I choose Your ways over my thoughts and ideas. I ask You to touch my life and change the way I think so that I can follow You and Your ways in my daily life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 22:41
‘And He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, where He knelt down and prayed.’
- Sometimes we need to remove ourselves from the situation and pray.
- When we humble ourselves and call on the Lord, He hears us.
- There are times when it needs to be just us and God alone.
- He knows the cry of your heart and He hears your prayer.
Prayer: Lord, You are my Mighty God and my Heavenly Father. Today I take this moment to be in Your presence – alone with You. I humble myself and I call on You, knowing that You will help me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 33:6
‘He will be the sure Foundation for your times.’
- We live at a time when things seem insecure and unstable worldwide.
- But we have a Foundation on which we can build with confidence.
- HE will be the stability you need in times of change and challenge.
- He is your ‘Rock of ages’ and you can hide yourself in Him.
Prayer: Lord, how awesome it is to know that I can stand secure because my life is built on You and You are my sure and firm Foundation. The storms will come, but my life is built on You and therefore I can stand secure and confident. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 42:11
‘I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again— my Saviour and my God!’
- Discouragement can undermine our confidence in God.
- But each day we can once again place our hope in Him.
- Living with His hope in our souls is our saving grace.
- He gives us reason to believe that the best is yet to come.
Prayer: Lord, once again I put my hope in You. Come and surround me with the hope that only You can give. Fill me with confidence and strength as I trust in my hope which comes from You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 144:2 NIV
‘He is my loving God and my Fortress, my Stronghold and my Deliverer, my Shield, in Whom I take refuge, Who subdues peoples under me.’
- He is the One Who gives you the strength you need.
- He is your Shelter of love and your Fortress of faith.
- He wraps Himself around you like a shield of protection.
- He is the One Who gives you the victory and makes overcoming a reality.
Prayer: Lord, You are my place of refuge, my safe place where you cover and protect me. I look to You as my Deliverer and as my Helper and therefore I trust in You with my whole heart. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 3:17
‘…the God Whom we serve is able to save us.’
- The God Whom you serve is able to save and rescue you.
- When we put Him first in our lives, He steps into our situations.
- You can leave the whole matter in His capable hands.
- He will not abandon you; He will come through for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your abiding presence in my life. No situation or circumstance removes Your loving hand from my life. Even if I have to face the fire, You will be with me in the fire to save and deliver me. Amen.