Daily Bible Verse: Galatians 6:9
‘So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up.’
- Just like there are many uses for salt, so there are many ways to be a blessing.
- Sometimes we can get tired of doing good and feel it’s not worth it!
- But we are encouraged, in His Word, to keep on keeping on.
- The promise is that there is a harvest that awaits us – so keep on!
Prayer: Lord, I desire that my life would be like salt and light. May I be a source of life, hope and flavour (blessing) to those in my sphere of influence and may I reap my reward at the exact time that I need it myself! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Galatians 6:2
‘Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfil the law of Christ.’
- You and I have the ability to be a blessing and lift other’s burdens.
- We should be ready to help others because everyone is carrying their own load.
- When we do this we are sowing and can expect to reap a harvest.
- So let us be a blessing by helping others and in the process, please the Lord.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that my life will be a blessing to those around me. May I be the lifter, who will come into situations and carry the load off of other’s shoulders and in the process follow Your example! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Galatians 5:22-23
‘The Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.’
- They say that you can tell the type of tree by the fruit that it produces.
- The Lord wants our lives also to be productive and fruitful.
- When we are guided by His Spirit, wonderful fruit is produced in our lives.
- The fruit that He produces in our lives can have great effect on those around us.
Prayer: Lord, I receive Your Holy Spirit in my life. Come and work within me so that my life will demonstrate the fruit that You desire in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Galatians 5:16
‘So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives.’
- We have the Holy Spirit who wants to come and lead and guide us.
- Take Him to be your guide and don’t try to figure everything out by yourself.
- He will be the One Who will be a lamp to your feet and a light to your path.
- Let’s depend on His grace and strength to assist us throughout our lives.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for sending Your precious Spirit to comfort and guide us in the course of life. We choose to be guided by You as we face each days’ issues and challenges. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Galatians 4:7
‘Now you are no longer a slave but God's own child. And since you are His child, God has made you His heir.’
- What a privilege we have to be children of God.
- We are not slaves and servants, but we are sons and daughters.
- The Lord sees you as one of His very own and beloved children.
- As His child we can enjoy what He has prepared for us – our inheritance!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can be Your child, and how wonderful it is to know that You are my Father and I choose to settle for nothing less than Your best for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Galatians 3:8
‘All nations will be blessed through you.’
- The Lord promised Abraham that ALL nations would be blessed because of him.
- The truth is that the Lord wants to use each of our lives to be a blessing.
- How can you be a blessing to those around you?
- May the Lord use your life and may many be blessed because of you!
Prayer: Lord, I dedicate my life into Your mighty hands. Use my life to bring light, hope and life into the lives of those who are discouraged, hopeless and despairing. May my life count, I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Galatians 3:6
‘Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.’
- Believing what the Lord has said is what faith is all about.
- We should believe and take His Word as the final authority.
- Abraham believed even though what was promised was impossible.
- Keep holding on to the Lord and His promises – keep believing!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can trust and believe Your every word. I choose to believe, regardless of what I may see with my natural eyes. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Galatians 3:3
‘How foolish can you be? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?’
- The Lord has called each one of us to live in dependence on Him and His Spirit.
- Often we start off trusting the Lord and then end up relying on ourselves.
- Living by ‘human effort’ is not the way the Lord designed us to live.
- Live your life in dependence on the His Spirit and He will lead you.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for so often reverting to my own ideas and effort to live my life. Help me to live in constant dependence on You and Your precious Holy Spirit. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 9:24
‘Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!’
- We each have a race that we need to run.
- In this race our attitude should be a determined, winning attitude.
- Don’t give in to negativity and defeat or even entertain it.
- Run your race in such a way that you set yourself up to win the race and overcome.
Prayer: Lord, I know that You have placed me here and have given me a race I need to run. Help me not to slack off or give up, but may I run my race with determination, knowing that You have victory in store for me. Amen.