Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 32:8
‘I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will give you counsel and watch over you.’
- We are living in a time when people feel insecure and vulnerable.
- But the Lord has undertaken to lead and guide us step by step.
- He will give you the direction, counsel and guidance you need.
- So, trust Him, do not be in a hurry, and He will show you the path to take.
Prayer: Lord, help me not to react to situations and circumstances that surround me, but help me to depend on You. I ask that You lead me and guide me, each day. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 33:18
‘The eyes of the LORD are on those who fear (honour) Him, on those whose hope is in His unfailing love.’
- Remember that the Lord has got His eye on you.
- Indeed, the Lord watches over His loyal followers.
- He carefully watches over the safety and prosperity of His faithful ones.
- Put your hope and confidence in His unfailing love for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You have got me in Your sights. You know everything about me, and nothing is hidden from You. I place my hope in Your unfailing love for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 4:7
‘Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.’
- Our lives should be lived in dependence on God.
- Submission is always hard for those who think they know better.
- If we will humble ourselves and take our stand, we will overcome.
- Do not entertain the lies of the enemy, resist him, and he will run from you.
Prayer: Lord, I take this moment to submit myself under Your almighty hand. I resist the enemy and his lies, and his treachery, and I choose to believe You and Your great promises towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 4:6
‘But He gives us more grace.’
- Today, the Lord extends and gives more grace to you.
- If you feel exhausted and weak, the grace of His strength is still there.
- His grace has no limit and His power has no boundaries.
- He gives grace, He extends mercy, and He keeps on making it available to you.
Prayer: Lord, today I receive more of Your grace in my life. Sometimes it feels like the burdens I am carrying are increasing, but I know that when I come to the end of my strength, Your grace, Your mercy and Your love are mine. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:35 (GNT)
‘O LORD, You protect me and save me; Your care has made me great, and Your power has kept me safe.’
- The Lord is your protective Shield.
- He supports and carries you with His hands.
- As your heart trust in Him, you will be helped, saved and cared for.
- Trust in His power and ability to protect and preserve you.
Prayer: Lord, in a world that is uncertain, and in a world filled with potential danger and harm, I will look to You for the protection I need. Thank You that You care for me and thank You for Your power, which protects me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 26:12
‘Now Isaac sowed seed in the land, and in that very year he reaped a hundredfold. And the LORD blessed him!’
- One wonders what would have happened if Isaac had not planted the seed?
- But he did, he did his part and the Lord did the rest.
- As we faithfully do our part, the Lord will come through for us.
- Do what the Lord is leading you to do, and expect to reap a great harvest.
Prayer: Lord, give me the courage and the determination to do my part, and to plant the seed You have given me. Even in these circumstances, that does not look promising, I will expect Your blessing. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Job 42:12
‘The LORD blessed the last part of Job's life even more than He had blessed the first.’
- Blessing is part of God’s plan for your life.
- You may go through some difficult times, but blessing is HIS plan.
- With God, the best is always ahead of us.
- Look forward with confidence and expect His blessing and favour on your life.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your promise of blessing on my life. Even though I will pass through some valleys and some storms, I know that You will bring me through those things and back into Your blessing. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 43:1
‘Do not be afraid – I will save you. I have called you by name – you are Mine.’
- If the Lord knows each star in space. He certainly knows your name.
- We can never fully grasp how great His love is towards us.
- Being called by name, is a mark of His individual tenderness to you.
- Remember, you belong to Him and He will save you.
Prayer: Lord, I will not be afraid. You are watching over me and You are calling me out to do what You have planned and purposed for my life. I place my life and future into Your unfailing hands. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 42:16
‘I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.’
- The Lord is amazing in the way He can turn things around for us.
- We may see darkness and hard or rough places and realities.
- But He sees light ahead for us, and He sees good things in store for us.
- In fact, He goes ahead of us, to make this light and opportunity a reality.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that, right now, You are busy turning my situation around. You are bringing light into my darkness, and You are preparing a smooth path ahead for me. Amen.