Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 13:22
‘The LORD did not remove the pillar of cloud or pillar of fire from its place in front of the people.’
- The pillar of cloud and fire was a constant reminder that God was with them.
- If the people ever doubted, they could just look up and know HE was there.
- The knowledge that the Lord is with us is the most reassuring fact.
- Look up, the Lord Himself is with you, and His presence will go with you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your ever-present, abiding presence in my life. When I feel discouraged, may I just ‘look up’ and remind myself that You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 11:22
‘By faith Joseph, when his end was near, spoke about the exodus of the Israelites and gave instructions about his bones.’
- Even when Joseph was on his death bed, he was convinced of God’s faithfulness.
- Even when there was no evidence of what he hoped for, he believed.
- He knew a time would come when things would change and be different.
- He could do this because his faith and confidence in God, was strong.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that my faith will be strengthened. I choose to believe You and believe that You have good things prepared for me. I will not allow anything that I go through to undermine my confidence in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 13:19 (NLT)
He (Joseph) said, ‘God will certainly come to help you.’
- Joseph was sure that God would come and help His people.
- You can also be sure that the Lord will come and help you.
- You can be convinced and persuaded that HE will not abandon you.
- No matter how difficult things may look, He certainly will help you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the assurance, that I can have, that You will step into my situation and help me. May I never forget that there is nothing that is too difficult for You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 13:14
‘The LORD used His mighty hand to bring us out of slavery in Egypt.’
- Never underestimate the mighty hand of the Lord in your circumstances.
- Things may seem overwhelming, but His mighty hand is still greater.
- His mighty hand can perform mighty miracles.
- Do not doubt His love for you, expect Him to use His mighty hand for you.
Prayer: Lord, I look to you, and I turn my eyes off of my situation and onto Your wonderful face. I believe in Your mighty working power in my life and so I will trust and rest in Your strength and ability. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 3:8
‘I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey.’
- The Lord has wonderful things in store for His precious children.
- His pattern is to take us out of bondage and into freedom.
- His plan is to bless us with our own ‘milk and honey’.
- He is a good, good Father, and He wants to show you His goodness.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the wonderful way in which you took care of Your people. In the same way, I know that You will take care of me, rescue me, and bring me into my promised land that You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 13:1
‘Then the LORD spoke to Moses.’
- Just one word from the Lord can make all the difference in our lives.
- As we obey Him, we can be sure that we will see the rewards of obedience.
- We should not do what seems good to us, we should take our instructions from Him.
- He is your Good Shepherd, and He wants to lead you safely to green pastures.
Prayer: Lord, it is my desire to do what You tell me to do. Help me to pause, and to hear from You before I act, so that I can do what You are telling me to do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Judges 15:19
‘God caused water to gush out of a hollow in the ground, and Samson was revived as he drank.’
- Our needs are important to the Lord.
- He knows what we need, and He can supply it in many different ways.
- For Samson, God caused water to gush out of the ground.
- Making a way where there seems to be no way, is God’s speciality.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can trust You to meet my needs. I know that when I am facing a situation that appears to have no way out, You will make a way for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 40:29
‘He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.’
- All that we need, HE is ready and willing to provide.
- If you feel weary, He has strength, if you feel weak, He has power for you.
- You do not need to do life on your own, He is there for you.
- Look to Him and His strength and be strengthened from within.
Prayer: Lord, I realise that You provide me with the strength and the power that I need. I choose to rely on Your ability and strength, and I know that I will be victorious as You enable me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 14:1
‘Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.’
- A troubled heart is a heart filled with distress and anxiety.
- We are told that we should not allow our hearts to be troubled.
- As we believe in God and have faith in Him, our hearts can be confident.
- Let go of the fear, and take hold of hope, let go of doubt, and start to believe.
Prayer: Lord, I place my hope and confidence in You again today. I will trust and not be afraid, and I will believe with my heart and not allow my heart to be troubled or distressed. Amen.