Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 24:1 (GNT)
‘Abraham was now very old, and the LORD had blessed him in everything he did.’
- Can you imagine a lifetime of blessing from God?
- Abraham had experienced God’s blessing right up into old age.
- This reveals something to us of the very nature and character of God.
- Believe for His goodness and mercy to follow you, all the days of your life.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that in every stage and in every season of life, You are with me. I will look forward to Your ongoing lovingkindness and faithfulness towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 22:18
‘And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed - all because you have obeyed Me.’
- Part of God’s plan is that you would enjoy His blessings and favour.
- The blessing of God is something that carries to the next generation.
- This blessing stems from our obedience to His voice.
- Let us listen and obey His voice, and the benefits will extend beyond our lives.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can trust You for Your favour and blessing on my life. Help me to live my life in such a way that I will listen to Your voice and obey Your leading, and may my life (and the lives of those who come after me) be a blessing to others. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 10:27
‘My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.’
- We have the privilege of listening to the voice of our Good Shepherd.
- It is His voice that we should be paying attention to.
- There are so many voices that are calling for our focus.
- We should listen to His voice, and follow His leading.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can be Your child and because of this I can hear Your voice in my life. I ask that You would speak to me, and I choose to listen and follow Your voice. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 27:1
‘The LORD is my Light and my Salvation - so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my Fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?’
- Knowing that God is with us allows us to stand secure.
- He is your hope, and He brings His light into the darkness you face.
- He is your place of safety and the One Who protects you from danger.
- So you do not need to be afraid, and you do not need to feel concerned.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You flood my life with hope and a positive expectation of Your faithfulness and love for me. I will trust in You, and I will not allow fear to take root in my heart. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 22:14
So Abraham called the name of that place, ‘The LORD will provide.’
- Let me remind you that ultimately the Lord is your Provider.
- Being a provider, is part of His character and nature towards you.
- Your needs are important to God, and He sees those needs.
- He will make a way; He will supply, and He will come through for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my Jehovah-Jireh – my Provider. As I look at the issues and obstacles that I am facing, I know that I can rest in You, because You are the One Who will provide for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 14:33
‘For God is not a God of disorder (confusion) but of peace…’
- The Lord works in a certain way so that we can feel secure.
- When there is confusion and disorder it is not God’s pattern.
- He brings His peace into our hearts and lives, and this reassures us.
- Stay away from confusion and disorder and pursue His peace.
Prayer: Lord, You are the God of peace. I pray that I will experience more of Your peace in my daily life. Help me to recognise situations of confusion and disorder that do not carry Your blessing and favour. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 8:32 (CEV)
‘God did not keep back His own Son, but He gave Him for us. If God did this, won't He freely give us everything else?’
- The Lord is a good Father Who wants to show you His love towards you.
- He is not withholding His kindness, but He is freely making it available to you.
- Every good and perfect gift in our lives comes from His hand.
- Everything else that we need, He is able to provide.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great love and kindness towards me. I recognise that You are the Source of all that I need and long for. Thank You that You freely give me what I need, and I declare that all I have needed Your hand has provided. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 22:12 (TLB)
The Angel said, ‘for I know that God is first in your life…’
- The Lord deserves to have first place in our lives.
- There are so many things demanding our attention.
- But the choice is ours to put first things first.
- Once we have settled this, God will work out the other issues.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that You are the One Who is first in my life. I give You that position of honour and authority because I know that You have my best interests at heart. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Thessalonians 3:3
‘But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.’
- The Lord is the One on Whom we can depend completely.
- He is faithful, dependable and unfailing in all He says and does.
- By His mighty power He will come and give you the strength you need.
- He will protect you from the evil one and He will deliver you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your everlasting faithfulness towards me. I receive strength and power from You today. Protect me, cover me, and give me the victory I need in my heart and in my mind. Amen.