Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 5:14
‘You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.’
- The Lord wants His light to shine through us into a broken and dark world.
- The light of God in you makes you different.
- Light brings with it the warmth and the hope of all that is longed for.
- Be a beacon of light and bring hope and joy to others around you.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be one of purpose and destiny, as I reflect and shine Your light into the world around me. Cause me to be a beacon of hope, a lighthouse of protection, and a source of comfort to others. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 4:19
‘Come, follow Me,’ Jesus said.
- The Lord is reaching out to each one of us and drawing us closer to Him.
- He does not want us to have our focus on other things.
- He wants our focus and attention to be on Him and His great love for us.
- He calls you and gently invites you to follow Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the fact that You are calling me to come and follow You. I choose You and I choose to follow You, all the days of my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 33:17 (NIV)
And the LORD said to Moses, ‘I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.’
- How awesome it is to know that we can ask God to intervene in our lives.
- We should not hesitate, but we should bring our requests to Him and ask.
- He is able, He is ready, and He is willing to hear our heart’s cry.
- He knows you and He knows your heart, and He wants to help you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You love and care for me. Thank You that I can know Your favour and blessing on my life. I humbly bring my requests to You and ask that You would do miracles, in my life and in my situation. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 33:19 (NLT)
The LORD replied, ‘I will make all My goodness pass before you…’
- The Lord wants to reveal and show us His goodness.
- HE desires that His goodness would be a reality in our lives.
- What we need is a revelation and an understanding of His great goodness.
- May His goodness and His loving-kindness flood your heart and life.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that Your goodness will become very real to me at this time. I ask that I will experience Your goodness, Your gracious care, and never-ending love, in my life today. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 10:19 (GNT)
‘The LORD changed the east wind into a very strong west wind, which picked up the locusts and blew them into the Gulf of Suez. Not one locust was left in all of Egypt.’
- God can turn any situation around in a moment.
- Here we see how God changed the wind and as a result the whole situation changed.
- He can step into your situation and change the way things are.
- Nothing is too difficult for Him.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will cause things to turn in the areas that I am trusting You for. May the wind of Your Spirit blow over my life and bring about the healing, the breakthrough, and the change that only You can bring. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 5:15
‘No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house.’
- Light changes the way we see everything around us.
- When we have light in our lives, we have the strength to face the day.
- You carry the light of God in and through your life.
- Don’t hide your light, but let it shine and give light to everyone around you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that Your light is shining in my heart and life. I have hope, because Your light surrounds me and shows me the way I need to go. May I reflect this light into the darkness and bring Your hope and light to others. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 119:11
‘I have hidden Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You.’
- When God is alive within our hearts, sin and wrongdoing is not an issue.
- When fear and doubt dominate our hearts, we can stumble and fall.
- Stay connected to the Lord and His Word.
- When we do this, it will bring us out on the other side in victory!
Prayer: Lord, today I remind myself of Your goodness, loving-kindness, and faithfulness to me. I hide and treasure what You have done and said to me, in my heart, and therefore I have confidence that I will follow Your ways and Your paths for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 119:114
‘You are my Refuge and my Shield; I have put my hope in Your Word.’
- The Lord is your Helper and Protector.
- He is your Refuge and a Shield around you.
- You can put your hope in Him and in His Word.
- May the God of all hope, fill you with hope, as you trust in Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can run to You and find the safety and security that I need. You are my source of hope, and that is why I will trust in You and in Your Word. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 119:50
‘Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles.’
- There is no human alive who is exempt of troubles and challenges.
- But in the midst of everything, His Word comes to revive and give us life.
- Just one word from the Lord, can remove all the doubt and cause us to believe.
- May His Word to you today, comfort, revive and give you newness of life.
Prayer: Lord, we are living in a time of world-wide troubles and fear. But we will not look to the chaos and confusion around us, we will hold onto Your promises to us, and as a result we will be comforted and revived. Amen.