Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 41:38 (NLT)
Pharaoh asked his officials, ‘Can we find anyone else like this man so obviously filled with the Spirit of God?’
- Pharaoh could see that there was something different and unique about Joseph.
- When God’s Spirit lives within us, we look and sound different.
- You and I were designed to be filled with the very Spirit of the Living God.
- Let Him fill you today, and may you be seen to be unique and different.
Prayer: Lord, it is Your presence in my life that makes all the difference. Holy Spirit, come and fill my life to such a degree, that others will know and see that You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 2:7
‘The LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.’
- Do you realise that the very breath of God is in you?
- You are a living being, because His life flows through your body.
- Without this ‘breath of life’ we would be nothing more than a pile of dust.
- How great God’s love must be for us, that He places His life in us!
Prayer: Lord, I thank You that I am alive today. I rejoice in the fact that Your life makes me alive, and reminds me that I have a purpose and pleasure in You, my Heavenly Father. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 16:3 (GNT)
‘Ask the LORD to bless your plans, and you will be successful in carrying them out.’
- How often we rush ahead doing what seems good to us.
- But do we pause long enough to ask His advice and request His blessing?
- Take some time to bring your plans and your work before His feet.
- Believe that the Lord takes what you give Him, and He makes it succeed!
Prayer: Lord, right here, right now, I pause, and I bring my situation to Your feet, and I ask You to bless my work and my plans. May I never act without Your blessing, and may I know the success that only You can bring. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 13:3
‘Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything.’
- The things that we say and utter with our mouths, are very important.
- Life and death lie in the power of the tongue.
- Unrestrained and reactionary speaking can ruin and destroy our lives.
- Let us speak life over our own lives and over the lives of others.
Prayer: Lord, purify my lips. May no idle or selfish words come out of my mouth, but may I speak life and hope into every person and situation I encounter. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 5:21 (RV)
‘For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and He makes level all his paths.’
- There is a great joy in knowing that God goes before us to level the paths.
- He wants to pull out the boulders and remove insurmountable obstacles.
- Perhaps, today, you are facing great challenges and difficulties?
- Believe that HE will make a level roadway though it all for you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You go before me and You clear the path ahead of me. What I may see as unbeatable challenges are nothing in the hand of my Mighty God. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 3:6
‘He shall direct your paths.’
- Each person’s path is different and unique.
- No two people ever travel the same road or path of life.
- The great comfort, that we can know, is that the Lord will direct our paths.
- When we don’t know what to do, He will step into our lives and direct things!
Prayer: Lord, I need to be directed and guided by You. You made me, You know me, and You know the path that You have chosen for me. So lead me, direct me and guide me, I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 1:33
‘Whoever listens to Me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.’
- This promise is made to each one of us, regardless of our circumstances.
- Christ is our wisdom, and the wisdom we need to live our daily lives.
- When we follow Him and His wisdom, we can live in peace and harmony.
- As we pursue HIM, we can live free from the fear, no matter what form it takes.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to live according to Your ways and Your wisdom. As I endeavour to walk in Your ways, may I know the peace and security that only You can give me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 150:6
‘Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.’
- If you have breath in your lungs today, you should be praising the Lord.
- Praise; should be our lifestyle of choice.
- To praise the Lord, is a conscious choice we need to make each day.
- When we change our focus to praise and thankfulness, everything changes.
Prayer: Lord, I lift up my hands, and I lift up my voice to praise You. I will not sing a song of sadness and despair, but I will sing a song of hope and expectation, because You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 60:1
‘Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.’
- Sometimes circumstances and situations can bring us down and discourage us.
- But the Lord desires that we would know His glory rising on us.
- Reject the fear and despair, and embrace His light and hope.
- Arise, stand up, and shine, and reflect His light to those around you!
Prayer: Lord, I will not allow discouragement and fear to bring me down! I will stand tall in the blessing and favour that You have placed upon my life. Amen.