Daily Bible Verse: 2 Thessalonians 3:13
‘Never get tired of doing good.’
- We have the wonderful privilege of doing good to those around us.
- It should be part of our daily lives and character.
- We are encouraged not to get tired or discouraged in being a blessing.
- So, be a blessing, do good and the Lord will reward you.
Prayer: Lord, may I be Your hands and feet in a world that so desperately needs the kindness and love of God. May my actions demonstrate Your love and kindness to those who long to experience it. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 6:16
‘Take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.’
- The enemy would like to see us destroy and rendered powerless.
- But the Lord has given us the tools to take a stand and walk in victory.
- We have our faith and it can put out the fire the enemy tries to start.
- Stand firm, hold onto your faith and see the flaming arrows extinguished.
Prayer: Lord, with the eyes of my heart, I see how the attempts of the evil one to destroy me are being reduced to ashes. I take the shield of faith and I see how You cause me to walk on the high places You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 5:37
Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.'
- We are called to be people of our word.
- We should do what we say and say what we do.
- Integrity is a scarce commodity in the world today.
- Be a person of your word and let it be known that you are dependable.
Prayer: Lord, may I live my life in such a way that people will not doubt my intentions, and may they be able to trust me. May I follow Your example and be a person who demonstrates Your character to those around me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Thessalonians 3:3
‘The Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.’
- Our trustworthy and faithful Lord has wonderful plans for us.
- He wants to make sure that nothing will undermine His plans for our futures.
- He loves us, and in His great love He wants to come and strengthen and protect us.
- Receive His strength and protection over your life today.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great faithfulness towards me. I receive Your strength and protection over my life right now. The enemy has no power over me, because You are my protection. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Thessalonians 1:11 (NLT)
‘May He give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do.’
- Often the Lord wants to prompt us to do something.
- As He leads and guides us in our walk of faith, He wants to show us what to do.
- We need to be open and sensitive to the promptings of His Holy Spirit.
- When we respond to His leading, He will give us the power to do what He has said!
Prayer: Lord, I pray that my spirit would be sensitive to the promptings and leading of Your Spirit. I ask that You empower me to accomplish the good things You have prepared for me to do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:24
‘The One who calls you is faithful, and He will do it.’
- Do you realise that you are called by the Lord and He has a plan for you?
- In addition, do you realise that He is faithful, and He will be faithful.
- He will do the things He has promised and will work things out for your good.
- Take the hand of the Faithful One and let Him lead and ‘do’ His plan for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your calling and purpose on my life. I trust in You to do all You have promised and destined in and through my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:22
‘Stay away from every kind of evil.’
- The Bible tells us that it is the ‘little foxes’ that destroy a vineyard.
- Often it is the little things that can undo the good in our lives.
- We should be alert and watchful that nothing can get a foothold in our lives.
- The Lord desires that we would live and thrive in victory and not defeat.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for giving me the power and strength to walk in the victory You have given me. Help me to stay away from every form of evil and give me the strength not to even entertain things that could pull me down. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:17
‘Never stop praying!’
- Sometimes we give up on prayer too soon.
- We should persevere and persist in praying and believing.
- We should live with a devotional frame of mind.
- So, keep on praying and never stop bringing your requests to the Lord!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can bring my requests and petitions to Your throne of grace. May I pray without ceasing and may my thoughts turn often to You in prayer. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 6:10
‘Daniel went into his house and three times a day he got down on his knees, prayed, and gave thanks to his God…’
- Thankfulness needs to be developed as a lifestyle in our lives.
- Daniel’s habit was to pause three times a day and give thanks.
- Imagine how our lives would change if we stopped three times a day to give thanks?
- Thankfulness changes our perspective and moves our focus onto the good God has done.
Prayer: Lord, may I be like Daniel, who even when things were working against him, still remembered to stop, kneel, pray and give thanks. Amen.