Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 42:6
‘Whether it is pleasant or unpleasant, we will obey the voice of the LORD our God…, so that it may go well with us.’
- Obedience leads to blessing and favour in, and on our lives.
- Sometime obedience is easier, and other times it is more difficult.
- We should be determined that we will do what He tells us to do.
- Then we will experience His blessing in a way we never thought possible.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that it is my choice and desire to follow You and obey Your leading and direction in my life. I pray that it will ‘go well with me’ as I obey You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 1:31
‘…the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son…’
- The safest way to be carried is to be carried by the Lord.
- You do not need to do it all by yourself.
- He promises to be with you and to carry and sustain you.
- Remember, He will carry you all the way and every day.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that there is never a day that You will not carry me and thank You that You will carry me all the way to the end, just like a shepherd carries his lambs. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Numbers 23:20
‘When God blesses, I cannot call it back (or reverse it)!’
- No man can undo or reverse God’s blessing and favour on your life.
- As His children, we are blessed and highly favoured.
- This blessing cannot be removed by the actions of others or circumstances.
- You are chosen, you are part of His family and you are blessed!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can live in the light of Your blessing and favour on my life. I accept and receive Your blessing right now anew and afresh. Thank You that nothing man can do to me will change this state of affairs. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 15:1
Then Moses and the people sang this song to the LORD: ‘I will sing to the LORD, for He has triumphed gloriously; He has hurled both horse and rider into the sea.’
- Moses and the people saw, with their own eyes, how God delivered them.
- The Lord removed their enemies as they watched from the side.
- As a result, they were free, and the natural thing to do was to praise God.
- The Lord will work in your situation, and turn things around so you can sing!
Prayer: Lord, You know the challenges and issues that are coming against me. I pray that You will remove that which seeks to bring destruction and bring me to a place of freedom and rejoicing. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Numbers 21:17
‘Spring up, O well!’
- The Lord wants to come and do a new thing in your heart and life.
- His desire is that ‘new life’, from Him, would spring up in your heart.
- For too long the enemy has tried to keep us in a dry and arid place.
- Now is the time, let His living water spring up afresh and anew.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that today will be a turning point in my life. May those areas that have been unproductive and barren now flow with the living water that You bring into my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 1:31
As the Scriptures say, ‘If you want to boast, boast only about the LORD.’
- There is always something we can rejoice about and thank God for.
- Personal pride and boastfulness is something to be avoided.
- But to celebrate and tell of what the Lord has done, is the right thing to do.
- Think about what you can be thankful for and celebrate the good things.
Prayer: Lord, today I choose a different attitude. I choose to remind myself of Your faithfulness and to celebrate and declare Your greatness, my Lord and my God. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 1:27
‘But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.’
- The Lord works in completely different ways to the ways of man.
- Man may think he is wise and mighty, but God is so much greater.
- He uses foolish things and weak things to achieve His great plans and purposes.
- If we will place ourselves at His disposal, He will use us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You choose to use the weak and the foolish to confound those who think they know or think they are mighty. I humbly place my life in Your hands and ask that You would use me for Your purposes. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 4:17
‘But take this staff in your hand so that you can perform signs with it.’
- The Lord wants to take what is in your hand and use it for His glory.
- You may feel like you have nothing of value to give to the Lord.
- HE can take a simple staff (a shepherd’s rod) and use it in remarkable ways.
- He will use what is in your hands if you will just let Him use it.
Prayer: Lord, I take those things that are within my hands and within my power, and I place them in Your mighty hands, knowing full well that You will perform great things with what I have placed in Your hands. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Numbers 20:8
‘Speak to that rock and it will pour out its water.’
- Perhaps today you find yourself between a rock and a hard place.
- What is the mountain, obstacle or rock that stands in front of you today?
- Speak to that situation and remind it that God is still in control.
- Don’t take matters into your own hands, but let God bring the answer.
Prayer: Lord, You know the situations and circumstances that I am facing today. I remind myself that nothing is too difficult for You. I pray that You will do the miracle that I am trusting You for. Amen.