Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 1:23 (NLT)
‘Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a Son, and they will call Him Immanuel, which means: God is with us.’
- It is at this time of the year when we remember the greatest gift of all.
- God gave His Son so that we could know what it means to have ‘God with us!’
- The Lord wants to be with you, today and every day He gives you.
- You never need to feel alone, He is there for you and He is there with you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You sent Your Son to be a living reality in my life. At this most wonderful time of the year, may I know this fact as a personal experience, and as a vital component of my own life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:35
The angel replied, ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you…’
- The Lord desires that His Holy Spirit will come upon each one of us.
- He has not left us comfortless, but He has sent a Comforter.
- The Lord’s plan is that His very power would come and rest upon you.
- Right now is a good time to receive all that He has in store for you.
Prayer: Lord, I invite You, to come and rest upon me and my life. May I know what it means to live within Your shadow. Cover me, and may I know, without doubt, that You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:28
‘Greetings, you who are highly favoured! The Lord is with you.’
- Imagine the joy of receiving a greeting like this!
- Well, as His child, you are highly favoured and blessed.
- Right now the Lord wants to remind you that He is with you.
- When the Lord is with us, something good can happen at any moment.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me right now. Therefore, I can be expectant and confident that You will work all things out for my good. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 25:8
‘The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces.’
- The Lord is in the business of restoration.
- He loves to take broken, sad and hopeless cases, and restore them.
- He can step into your world and wipe away every tear from your face.
- Give Him every area of brokenness and sadness, and let Him do a miracle.
Prayer: Lord, I give You those areas of my life that concern and stress me. You know every tear that has been cried, and You will not forget. Come, and wipe away all sadness and discouragement from my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:25
‘The Lord has done this for me,’ she said. ‘In these days He has shown His favour…’
- Your Heavenly Father is a good, good Father.
- He has plans for your good and plans to bless you.
- In the most unlikely time, He will show you His favour and kindness.
- You will also rejoice, because He has been good to you.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that I am living in a time of Your favour and blessing. I am expectant of all the good things You want to do for me, and I will give You all the honour and glory. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:13
The angel said to him: ‘Do not be afraid; your prayer has been heard.’
- What a wonderful moment, to be visited by an angel.
- But even a greater wonder was the message: ‘Your prayer has been heard!’
- May we also experience God in a real and tangible way.
- Don’t be afraid, HE has heard your prayer and the cry of your heart.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I do not need to be fearful about anything. You have got everything in the palm of Your hand, and You hear me when I call. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:11
‘Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him…’
- What a wonderful thought that an angel could appear to a human being.
- It happened to a man who was filled with doubt.
- God can make Himself known to each one of us, especially the doubters.
- Expect the unexpected, and may you see things in a different light.
Prayer: Lord, I embrace the working and moving of Your hand in my life. Remove every doubt and remind me that You are real, and that You are in control of all things! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 2:11
‘Then they opened their treasures and presented Him with gifts.’
- The giving and receiving of gifts is part of the way we were created.
- Something about each person, is the longing to be a blessing to others.
- The Wise Men brought their gifts and presented them to the Lord.
- We too can bring our greatest gift, our hearts, and present it to our Lord.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can give my heart and my life to You today. I hold nothing back, but I choose to surrender myself to You. Be my Lord and be my God. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 4:42
Then they said, ‘Now we believe. Now we know that He is indeed the Saviour of the world.’
- Have you ever considered what you actually believe?
- The question is, are you a believer or are you a skeptic?
- Don’t let doubt, fear and questions rob you of the joy of believing.
- He is indeed the Saviour of the world, and He wants to be your Saviour too.
Prayer: Lord, today I move away from doubt, fear and unbelief, and right now I embrace this great reality; that You are my Saviour and my Lord. I believe! Amen.