Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 7:9
‘This is a day of good news…’
- Could it be that today could be a day of good news?
- Do you expect the worst when you should be expecting the best from God?
- Today could be a day of breakthrough, today could be a day of miracles.
- Let us believe that the worst is over and that the best still lies ahead of us.
Prayer: Lord, I am trusting You for good news today. You are my miracle-working, yoke-destroying Lord and Saviour. I believe You for wonderful things. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 6:17
Elisha prayed, ‘Open his eyes, LORD, so that he may see.’ Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire.
- There are many more who are with you than those who are against you.
- We cannot only look with our physical eyes at our situations.
- We must ask God to open our eyes to ‘see’ things from His perspective.
- When we see things from His perspective, we do not need to fear.
Prayer: Lord, give me ‘eyes’ to see beyond what I see with my physical eyes. May I see into Your eternal dimension and may this understanding change the way I see things! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 103:2 + 4
‘Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits. He continues to redeem your life from the Pit, and He continuously surrounds you with gracious love and compassion.’
- No pit is so deep that God cannot reach down and lift you out of it.
- When we feel at our lowest, we must never forget that He remains strong.
- His gracious love and eternal compassion is always reaching out to us.
- So we can lift up our heads and remind ourselves of His goodness and love.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your enduring love and care for me. I ask You to lift me up and out of the situations and circumstances that would like to pull me down. May I see Your love and faithfulness towards me each and every day! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 55:18
‘He (the Lord) rescues me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me.’
- We all face battles, challenges and the issues of life.
- The Lord wants to come and rescue you unharmed from the battles.
- There may be many facets to the challenges you face today.
- The Lord will rescue and deliver you as you continue to trust Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are the one who wants to rescue me unharmed from the battles I am facing. You are my deliverer and I can place my life in Your hands with confidence and hope! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 23:14
‘David stayed in the strongholds of the wilderness and in the hill country. Saul hunted him day after day, but God didn't let Saul find him.’
- When the Lord is your protection, nothing and no one can touch you.
- The enemy of your soul seeks to destroy you.
- But if God be for you, who can be against you?
- Live under the shadow of His wings and rest secure and undisturbed.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are the one who can protect, preserve and keep me. You know what I am facing and what I am up against and You can bring me through victorious. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 32:7
‘You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble.’
- The Lord is your sacred hiding place, your place of safety and security.
- He wants to come a fill your heart with the hope of deliverance.
- Whenever you are afraid you can place your trust in Him.
- You are strong in the strength of the Lord in your life.
Prayer: Lord, come and fill my heart today with the strength that only comes from You. I choose You as my sacred hideaway. I will trust in You! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 40:3
‘He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God.’
- What type of song are you singing on a daily basis?
- Is it a song of despair and discouragement or a song of hope and confidence?
- The Lord wants to come and put a new song in your mouth.
- He wants to give you a song of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness.
Prayer: Lord, I ask that You will come and give me a new song in my spirit. Remove all the cares and burdens and cause my heart to leap again. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 28:7
‘The LORD is MY strength and MY shield; MY heart trusts in Him, and I am helped!’
- The Lord is the source of both natural and spiritual strength.
- He gives us His strength in the midst of our weakness and despair.
- Let His strength be the strength of your heart no matter what you are facing.
- Don’t place your trust in things that fail, trust in Him with all your heart.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for placing my hope in the wrong things. I choose to trust, rely on and believe in You with all my heart, and as a result I know that You will help me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 33:21 (NLT)
‘In Him (the Lord) our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.’
- Trusting in God is what brings His help into our circumstances.
- The outflow of trusting Him is that He can work and bring deliverance.
- When we see what He has done it give us reason to rejoice and be glad.
- Let us rejoice in His mighty power and His faithfulness to every promise.
Prayer: Lord, my heart rejoices in You. My trust, my expectation and my confidence is in You, my Lord and my God. Amen.