Daily Bible Verse: Nahum 1:7
‘The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of distress; He cares for those who trust in Him.’
- The Lord is good – never doubt or question His goodness towards you.
- Things may not always make sense, but He remains good and faithful.
- In the ‘day of distress’ He will not fail you, but He will be your stronghold.
- Trust in Him and let your whole heart rest secure in His care and love for you.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that You are a Good, Good Father. I choose to trust You with the full knowledge that You will be my Stronghold in the midst of my challenges. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 2:19
God's truth stands firm like a foundation stone with this inscription: ‘The LORD knows those who are His.’
- What an awesome security we have because the Lord ‘knows’ us.
- We have a foundation on which we can build our lives – we are His!
- He knows us, not out of a sense of obligation, but because He loves us.
- That love will never change, and it stands firm, regardless of the storms we face.
Prayer: Lord, how wonderful it is to know that You know, You love, and You care for me. I stand secure on this great foundation, and I trust in this truth; that You know me, and You love me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 55:22
‘Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous (Godly) be shaken.’
- Don’t carry burdens and cares that the Lord has undertaken to carry for you.
- Give your burdens, cares and worries to the Lord.
- Take a moment, and lay them all at the foot of His cross.
- Let go of the weight of them and walk in the freedom He gives you!
Prayer: Lord, in this sacred moment, I take all that concerns and stresses me and I lay it down at Your feet. May I experience the release and the freedom that comes from knowing that You care for, carry and sustain me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 2:13 (ISV)
‘Our faith may fail, His never wanes - That's who He is, He cannot change!’
- The faithfulness of our Lord remains, even if we have lost faith.
- Sometimes we can get discouraged and lose heart and faith.
- That does not change the nature and character of the Lord.
- Even if we are faithless, He remains faithful!
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your enduring faithfulness towards me. Forgive me for my doubt and unbelief and strengthen me so that my faith will not fail me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 17:37
David said, ‘The LORD Who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.’
- Is there a giant in your life that is trying to bring you down?
- David faced an enormous giant and walked away victorious.
- Have confidence in the hand of the Lord upon your life.
- He can remove giants in whatever form or size they may present themselves.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that just as You helped David to destroy the giant that He was facing, You will help me to overcome the challenges that I am facing, and give me the victory. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 4:17
‘The Lord stood with me and gave me strength…’
- What an awesome picture of the Lord standing with us and giving us strength.
- HE is standing with you today – you are not alone.
- HE is closer than you could ever think or imagine.
- HE is more interested than you realise, and He will give you the strength you need.
Prayer: Lord, may Your abiding presence be a living reality in my life today. May I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that You are with me and that You are making all things possible! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 2:9b
‘But the Word of God cannot be chained.’
- Never underestimate the Word of God in your daily life.
- His Word is powerful, living and active and able to achieve what He has said.
- Your situation may seem unchangeable, but His Word is more powerful than that.
- His Word does not change, and it will carry you through what you are facing.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can depend and rely on Your powerful and enduring Word in my life. If You say it, I believe it and that settles it! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 6:10
‘Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.’
- What a joy it is to know that we can experience His strength and power daily.
- In the end, we desperately need His strength in our lives.
- May He fill you with power and strength and make you strong.
- When we know His strength as a reality, we can face any challenge.
Prayer: Lord, I receive Your strength and mighty power in my life today. I choose to live my life with Your strength and not relying on my own strength. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 1:12
‘For I know the One in whom I trust, and I am sure that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until the day of His return.’
- Do you ‘know’ the One in Whom you trust and believe?
- Our lives can be lived with confidence because we know Who we believe in.
- Be persuaded and convinced that the Lord will undertake.
- He knows what you have entrusted to Him and He knows your secret requests.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can know a confident assurance in my life. I know You and I know that You are the One Who knows me, and loves and cares for me. Amen.