Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 2:7 (NLT)
‘Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him.’
- Our lives need to be built on something that is secure and eternal.
- The Lord is the One on Whom we can build our lives, hope and future.
- We should be growing in our relationship with Him.
- Let your roots grow down deep and let your life be built on Him, the sure foundation.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can know You as my personal Lord and Saviour. I choose to build my life on You as the rock on which I can stand and may my roots grow down deep and secure in my relationship with You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 6:18 (NLT)
‘Therefore, we who have fled to Him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us.’
- We can run to the Lord, because He is our refuge and strength.
- The Lord is your refuge and therefore you can have great confidence.
- There is hope for the future and for what lies ahead of us.
- We should hold onto this and let it be an anchor for our lives.
Prayer: Lord, I run into Your arms of strength and hope. You alone are my refuge and hope. Fill me with hope as I believe and have confidence in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 1:27 (NLT)
‘This is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing His glory.’
- What an assurance and what a joy it is to know that the Lord lives in us.
- As His child, we can know this secret and this mystery.
- The fact that He lives in you gives you the hope that you need each day.
- Recognise this fact and turn towards the One who lives within you!
Prayer: Lord, how wonderful it is to know that You live within me. May this reality change the way I live my life so that I can enjoy this knowledge as a daily living reality. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 1:23
‘Don't drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News.’
- Doubt is one of the things that can rob us of our confidence in the Lord.
- Doubt and unbelief often go hand in hand.
- Don’t allow yourself to drift away into doubt and unbelief.
- Stand firm, rest assured, and believe with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.
Prayer: Lord, I reject all doubt and unbelief from my heart and life. You are my hope and confidence, and in this I will rest secure and be filled with expectation and assurance. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 1:13
‘He has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of His dear Son.’
- As children of the Lord we live in an entirely different dimension.
- We have been rescued, delivered and transferred out of darkness and into His light.
- So now we need to live as children of the light.
- Step away from the darkness, walk in and embrace His light in your life.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the wonderful work You have done in my life. Cause me to walk in Your light and may darkness have no part in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 1:11 (NLT)
‘May you be filled with joy!’
- We need to know and experience His joy in our lives.
- His joy in our hearts and lives, gives us the strength we need on a daily basis.
- Don't be dejected and sad, for the joy of the LORD is your strength!
- Let His joy come and fill your heart and life right now.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to rise above the issues and cares of life and I choose Your joy over my own attitude in my situation. Fill me with Your joy, so that I will be strengthened and enabled to fulfil Your plans and purposes for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 12:2
‘Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.’
- The world is constantly trying to push us into its moulds and patterns.
- The pressure to conform is an ever present pressure in our lives.
- But we are called to live a different and a God-centred life.
- In order for us to live like this, our minds need to be constantly renewed.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will come and transform and change me so that I will be renewed in my mind and in the way I think and believe. Help me not just to give in to conformation, but may I be renewed in my thinking so that I can see things from Your perspective. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 1:9
‘We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives.’
- The Lord is the One who will lead and guide you through the course of life.
- He wants to gives us the ‘knowledge of His will’ and wisdom and understanding.
- When we don’t know what to do we can call on Him and ask Him to give us wisdom.
- You are not meant to walk this road alone, He is with you and He will lead you.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will come and give me the knowledge of what Your will is for my situation. I pray too that You will give me the wisdom and understanding I need to make the right decisions. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 10:19
‘Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed. Peace! Be strong now; be strong.’
- Hear the Word of the Lord to you: ‘Peace! Be strong and do not be afraid.’
- You are so precious and valuable to the Lord.
- Let His strength flow into your mortal body.
- Banish all fear and doubt and stand tall in His strength and ability.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I am valuable and precious to You! I rebuke the enemy and the fear he so often tries to bring into my heart and mind. I stand in Your strength and I receive Your peace in my heart. Amen.