Daily Bible Verse: John 14:18
‘I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.’
- The Lord will never abandon or leave you.
- The fear of abandonment can be one of the most distressing fears in life.
- But when it comes to God, we never need to have such fears.
- He will not leave you, no matter what your circumstances may look like.
Prayer: Lord, You are here, right here, right now, with me. You have come to me, and I can hold onto You, and You will hold onto me. You will never leave me, nor will You forsake me, and my future is secure, because You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 23:20
‘See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.’
- The Lord has something specific prepared for each one of us.
- God works on a timetable, and en route to the destination, He will protect you.
- He will guard, direct, and lead you all along the way.
- You are not alone, He has sent an angel before you, so rest assured.
Prayer: Lord, You have a plan and a purpose, as well as a place and a destiny, prepared for me. May I never leave the pathway You have set before me, and may Your very presence bring me to ‘that’ place, that You have prepared for me! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 22:27
‘…for I (the Lord) am compassionate.’
- One thing we can be sure of, is that the Lord is very compassionate.
- In His compassion, He is kind, tender-hearted and merciful.
- The LORD is compassionate, and filled with unfailing love.
- His love has no limit, and His compassion towards you, has no boundary or end.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great love and compassion towards me. I realise today anew, that Your love and great compassion, are reaching out to me, and I take hold of them now. In Your precious Name, Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 6:38
‘Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.’
- The greatest example of giving was when God gave His Son.
- We were designed, in His image, to be a blessing to others.
- Our lives can be a blessing, or we can hoard what we have been entrusted with.
- Give of yourself, your kindness, and your love, and it will come back to you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can be an instrument of blessing in Your hand. Help me not to step back when You are wanting me to step forward, and be a blessing. May I follow Your example, just as You gave Your Son, to the world. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 27:14
‘Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.’
- We live in a world where everything has to happen quickly.
- Everyone is in a hurry and under pressure.
- We need to learn to rest in the Lord, and wait for His timing.
- Sometimes it means we have to be brave, but it will be worth it!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me. You have everything under control and I do not need to stress and be anxious about anything. I declare that I trust You, and I trust in Your perfect timing in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 55:22
‘Give your burdens to the LORD, and He will take care of you.’
- What an awesome thing to know that the Lord will take care of us.
- Part of enjoying this care is the fact that we need to let go of the burdens.
- How can He look after us if we are carrying everything ourselves?
- Let go and let God help you, and He will take good care of you.
Prayer: Lord, today I choose to release the weight of the burdens and cares I carry. I place all these issues and concerns into Your powerful hands, knowing that You will take care of me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ruth 4:15
‘He will renew your life and sustain you in your old age.’
- At every stage of life, and in every situation, the Lord helps us.
- At certain times, we need more help than at other times.
- The Lord wants to step into our lives to renew and sustain us.
- He comes to restore us, and to lift us up, and to hold us up.
Prayer: Lord, step into my life and step into my situation, I pray. I ask that You will come and lift me up, renew and restore me, sustain, and carry me, through every season of my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ruth 2:12
‘May the LORD, under Whose wings you have come to take refuge, reward you fully for what you have done.’
- Each and every action we take, is seen by the Lord.
- Nothing goes unnoticed by Him, and He will reward us.
- Our faith and confidence in His divine help, will also be rewarded.
- So take refuge under His wings and be a blessing to others.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can come and take refuge under Your wings today. May my life be used by You, as a result of my faith, my trust, and my confidence in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 20:21
‘As the people stood in the distance, Moses approached the dark cloud where God was.’
- Some people are observers, they watch what is going on.
- Other people step forward and get involved, not wanting to miss out.
- The people just watched, but Moses pressed on and into the presence of God.
- Let us not just be observers, but let us press forward into all God has for us.
Prayer: Lord, I desire to experience and enjoy my relationship with You. I choose to step into that space, where I will experience Your presence and closeness for myself. Amen.