Daily Bible Verse: Acts 5:19
‘During the night an angel of the Lord opened the doors of the jail and brought them out.’
- Even when we find ourselves in the darkest moment, God can deliver us.
- Things may seem dark around you, but He will send His angel to rescue you.
- He can remove the darkness and break the chains that hold you.
- He wants to bring you out and move you towards His plan for your life.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are a miracle-working God. When I can’t see a way out, You know how to come and turn the situation around. I will trust in You and in Your mighty working power. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 28:17
‘When they saw Him, they worshiped Him, but some doubted.’
- Let us never make the mistake of doubting God.
- When we doubt Him, it robs us of our confidence in Him.
- Do not doubt God’s goodness and kindness towards you.
- If you have faith and do not doubt, you can have victory in any situation.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to believe in You. You are the One in Whom I trust and in Whom I can have confidence. I will not doubt, but I will believe in You and in Your love and kindness for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 28:9
‘As they went, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they ran to Him, grasped His feet, and worshiped Him.’
- At any moment in our lives the Lord Himself can intersect our lives.
- We must expect to see Him come and make Himself real to us.
- Our responsibility is to take hold of Him with all of our strength.
- He is the One to be honoured and adored.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will come and touch my life even while I am busy with things that seem mundane. I want to meet with You and hold onto You, so that I can experience Your presence and Your touch in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 28:2
‘Suddenly there was a violent earthquake; an angel of the Lord came down from heaven, rolled the stone away, and sat on it.’
- The Lord can turn any situation around.
- What may seem impossible is not a problem for the Lord.
- He can shake things that seem like they cannot be moved.
- He can take any obstacle and roll it out of your path.
Prayer: Lord, today I remind myself that nothing is too difficult for You. No stone, no obstacle and no hurdle can stop You from bringing about Your plans and purposes for my life. I will trust You and ask You to roll the hindrances away. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 92:12
‘The righteous (godly) will flourish like a palm tree…’
- Part of God’s plan for your life is that you would flourish.
- He wants you to thrive and not strive.
- As you follow Him, He brings the growth and progress into your life.
- So put Him first and see what He will do in and through your life.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can be Your child and I can serve You with my life. Touch me, I pray, and make my life something that is productive and thriving because of the fact that You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Malachi 4:2 (Amplified Bible)
‘And you will go forward and leap joyfully like calves released from the stall.’
- As you trust God for the future, you can know that He has a plan for you.
- The Lord wants you to go forward into what He has prepared for you.
- This is not the time to get stuck in worry and concern.
- He wants you to enjoy the freedom that comes from depending on Him.
Prayer: Lord, I will not get stuck in a rut but I will move forward, knowing that the wind of Your Holy Spirit is filling my sails and moving me onwards. May I know the joy and the delight that comes from the freedom and release that You will bring into my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 84:11
‘The LORD God is our Sun and our Shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.’
- At the start of the year, it’s good to remind ourselves of God’s goodness.
- Press on, with expectation in your heart.
- Believe God for His best for you.
- Anticipate His favour and honour as you step into the future.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the new season that is ahead of me. I celebrate and value each day that You give to me. As I embrace the future, I do so with confidence and with the assurance that You will be with me and You will carry me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:78 NLT
‘Because of God’s tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us.’
- Are you ready for the new and wonderful things God has in store for you?
- We need to live with a sense of anticipation and expectation.
- Believe that the morning light from heaven is about to shine on you.
- May you know His favour and courage as you step into the future.
Prayer: Lord, I recognise that my life and my future is in Your strong and capable hands. I ask You for a year of favour and blessing and I ask that Your faithfulness will continue to lift me up and carry me forward. I choose to do all things through Christ Who strengthens me. Amen.
May you have a blessed and secure 2023.
Daily Bible Verse: Lamentations 3:23 (Amplified)
‘Great and beyond measure is Your faithfulness.’
- How great is His faithfulness.
- Here you are, the Lord has carried you and brought you through this year.
- We have so much to be thankful for.
- The same faithfulness that brought you this far will carry you tomorrow.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great faithfulness towards me. I truly do have so much to be thankful for. You have been a merciful God and a faithful, loving and kind Father to me. In Your faithfulness You have carried me and in Your faithfulness You will continue to sustain me. Amen.
Thank the Lord for His faithfulness and look forward with confidence.