Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 92:10b
‘I have been anointed with fresh oil.’
- As you look ahead, know that God has anointed you with fresh oil.
- Out of His great supply, there is always a freshness we can look forward to.
- To be anointed is to be set apart, empowered and protected.
- The Lord has a purpose for your life, and He will bring it to pass.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your anointing and favour on my life. As I embrace the future, I do so with confidence, knowing that You have given me everything I need to accomplish the task. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 91:2
I will say to the LORD, ‘You are my refuge and fortress, my God, in Whom I trust.’
- We need to get to the point we decide that God is our refuge.
- It’s a place where we stop looking to other things, and look to Him.
- Have you ever definitely decided that the Lord is your refuge?
- Let us be decisive and let us place our trust and confidence in Him.
Prayer: Lord, today I decide and declare that You are my refuge and my fortress. I will look to You for all I need, and I will trust You with all my heart. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 36:9
‘For You are the fountain of life!’
- A fountain is a unique and rare natural phenomenon.
- It is a place from which water comes naturally out of the earth.
- In the Lord, we can know a fountain and source of perpetual freshness.
- He brings new life, new hope, new strength and new vision into our lives.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can be connected to You, the fountain of life. Breathe Your new life and perpetual freshness into my heart and life, I pray. May I know a newness of life, and as a result a desire to embrace it. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 84:11
‘For the LORD God is our Sun and our Shield. He gives us grace and glory.’
- The Lord understands our every need and promises to supply those needs.
- When we are faced with darkness, He will be our Sun.
- When the heat is too great, He will be a Shield to protect us.
- The Lord wants to give you two gifts: His grace and glory.
Prayer: Lord, You are One Who knows everything and understands my needs in great detail. I will trust in You for each day that lies ahead, and I will live expectantly, knowing that I will see Your grace and glory in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 78:19
‘Can God really spread a table (give us food) in the wilderness?’
- Doubt in what God can and will do for us, will rob us of our confidence.
- Don’t question His faithfulness, regardless of how difficult things may be.
- Remember there is no ‘if’ with the Lord, only ‘He is able’.
- The Lord can do more than you could ever ask or think.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You CAN DO whatever is needed in my situation. Thank You that when I can’t find the courage to make a brand-new start, You can give me the courage I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Lamentations 3:22
‘The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end.’
- As you start this new day, new week and new year, HE is with you.
- His love for you is steadfast and will never end or be exhausted.
- He has an abundant supply of new and fresh mercy available to you.
- He is faithful and you can rely and depend on His faithfulness.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your constant love and ongoing mercy towards me. I dedicate this new year into Your mighty hands. I choose to live in dependence on You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 9:6
‘For a Child is born to us, a Son is given to us. He will be called: Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.’
- This is truly the most wonderful time of the year – don’t miss it!
- It is true, and He is all you need.
- He will be your Wonderful Counsellor and your Mighty God.
- He will be your Everlasting Father and your Prince of Peace.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can be alive to celebrate and enjoy this wonderful time of the year. You are everything that my soul ever longed for. You are the Saviour, and You are my Saviour. I rejoice! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 1:21
‘She will give birth to a Son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins.’
- Oh what a joy it is to know that sin no longer has a hold on us.
- We can be free, and we can know freedom because of the gift God gave us.
- Embrace the gift and the freedom He brings.
- You are no longer a slave to fear, you are a child of God.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the great gift You gave me. I choose to receive the gift of Your Son into my life, and to enjoy the freedom He brings. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 1:23 (NLT)
‘Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a Son, and they will call Him Immanuel, which means: God is with us.’
- It is at this time of the year when we remember the greatest gift of all.
- God gave His Son so that we could know what it means to have ‘God with us!’
- The Lord wants to be with you, today and every day He gives you.
- You never need to feel alone, He is there for you and He is there with you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You sent Your Son to be a living reality in my life. At this most wonderful time of the year, may I know this fact as a personal experience, and as a vital component of my own life. Amen.