Daily Bible Verse: Luke 2:11
‘Today in the city of David a Saviour has been born to you. He is Christ the Lord!’
- It is amazing to think that our Saviour was born specifically with us in mind.
- Everything about His birth was amazing and wonderful.
- The child, Whose birth we celebrate, was both a Saviour and the Lord.
- May the reality and joy of His birth be a living reality to you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the great gift of a Saviour that was born for all of mankind and for me. I receive Your Son, as a gift to me, and I receive Him as my Saviour and my Lord. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 3:16
‘For God so loved the world that He GAVE His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.’
- You see, God gave the world a gift on that very first Christmas.
- The gift was exactly what the world needed – His Son Jesus.
- God gave us (the world) the best possible gift in the form of His Son.
- And if we believe in Him, we can have another gift, eternal life.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for giving us such a wonderful gift. I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. Come and live in my heart and give me that gift of eternal life, I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 1:21
‘She will give birth to a Son, and you are to give Him the Name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins.’
- Humanity has always had to deal with sin and results of wrongdoing.
- Sin has the power to bring death and destruction into our lives.
- But God sent His Son with a specific purpose, to save His people from their sins.
- No matter what you have done, He is your Saviour, and He wants to rescue you!
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for those things that I have done that have not pleased You. Today I come to receive the life You have for me, and to receive it in all its goodness and abundance. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 2:10
The angel reassured them. ‘Don’t be afraid!’ he said. ‘I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people.’
- Great joy, in your heart and soul, is part of God’s plan for your life.
- Good News is the very message of His birth.
- The whole world needs the Good News that we have a Saviour.
- He wants to bring joy to the world, and also, joy to your world.
Prayer: Lord, I ask that You would come and flood my heart with the good news. I have heard enough bad news. I believe it is time to receive the Good News afresh, and to be filled with Your great joy. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 2:8-9
‘There were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them…’
- Can you imagine living through such a wonderful experience?
- The Lord appeared to them through an angel.
- The glory of the Lord was shining all around them.
- May you experience His presence and His glory all around you!
Prayer: Lord, as I go into this festive season, may the reality of Your presence and the glory of Your light, shine on and around me. As I celebrate Your birth, may my life be changed forever. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 60:1 (AMP)
‘Arise, from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you — rise to a new life!’
- Right now, you can let go of the past and embrace the future.
- You can let go of depression and fear, and take hold of faith and courage.
- Circumstances may have kept you down, but now you can rise up and stand.
- The Lord is with you, and the future starts now.
Prayer: Lord, I choose the new life that You have prepared for me. Regardless of what has happened, or what I have been through, I choose to stand up and take hold of all You have in store for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 7:14
‘Young man,’ HE said, ‘I tell you, get up.’
- The Lord can bring life into hopeless and desperate situations.
- He can breathe new life into your heart and soul.
- Perhaps circumstances, or the challenges of this year, have brought you down.
- It is time to get up, pick up the pieces, and receive His faithfulness towards you.
Prayer: Lord, with Your help and Your strength, I will arise and I will walk in the light of Your favour and blessing. Breathe new life into me, I pray, and may I know that You are with me and I will step forward with confidence in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 7:13
‘When the Lord saw her, His heart overflowed with compassion. “Don’t cry!” He said.’
- One of the wonderful attributes of the Lord is His great compassion.
- Compassion is the ability to share another person’s struggle.
- However, compassion is also linked to an urgent desire to help.
- The Lord knows what you are going through, and He will step in and help.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You can see what is happening in, and with me. Your compassion is overflowing towards me, and Your help will be dispensed to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 5:13
‘Jesus reached out His hand and touched the man.’
- The Lord is willing and able to reach out and touch you.
- Do you need His touch today, are you longing for His touch?
- Our condition does not stop the Lord from reaching out to take hold of us.
- We may think that we do not deserve it, but He wants to touch and heal us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great willingness to touch and change my life. Thank You that as I come to You, You are ready and willing to receive me. You extend Your hand to touch and restore me now. Amen.