Daily Bible Verse: Romans 4:12
‘…walk in the footsteps of the faith…’
- We are walking a road, at this time, and it is a walk of faith.
- We have to trust God for each day, and for the future.
- Like a child who wants to step in his father’s footsteps, we should do the same.
- So, walk the path of faith and not in the path of doubt and fear.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for today. Just as many heroes of the faith walked the path of faith, so I too want to follow their example, and walk in the footsteps of faith. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 15:24
‘So they began to celebrate.’
- For too long we have looked ahead with dread and despair.
- We need to start looking forward with hope, expectation and faith.
- Circumstances do not have to look perfect before we start rejoicing.
- Do not be discouraged, whatever happens, God will take care of you.
Prayer: Lord, today I realise that because You are with me, I can celebrate. I can be happy, because I have hope in You. Whatever happens, I know that You will take care of me. So, I can celebrate and rejoice. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 15:22
But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.’
- Restoration is part of the Lord’s plans for each of our lives.
- He wants to lift us up and out of the hole, or the pit we find ourselves in.
- He wants to restore us to our rightful place of honour and regard.
- He wants to do it quickly, He wants to do it now, so expect it.
Prayer: Lord, You are the One who wants to lift me out of the miry clay and place my feet on a rock. Your plan is to restore and reinstate me to the position that You had in mind for me. I am ready Lord, restore me, I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 36:5
‘Your unfailing love, O LORD, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.’
- There are two things you can be sure of: His unfailing love and His faithfulness.
- His love for you is constant, never-ending and everlasting.
- His faithfulness towards you is sure, inexhaustible and far-reaching.
- Stand on this solid foundation: His enduring love, and His endless faithfulness.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great love towards me. Thank You also for Your continued and ever-present faithfulness. No matter what I am facing, I will hold onto these eternal truths. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 8:37
‘In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him Who loved us.’
- In life we face ‘all these things’ that challenge and hinder us.
- But no matter what we have to face, the Lord promises to be with us.
- No matter what things you are facing, let Him take you by the hand.
- He will make a conqueror out of you and you will be His mighty warrior.
Prayer: Lord, no matter what I may be facing or experiencing, it is great to know that You love me, and that You will bring me through all these things as a conqueror. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 43:1
‘I have called you by name; you are Mine.’
- Never underestimate your personal value to the Lord.
- The Lord loves you and you are valuable and precious to Him.
- The Lord gave you life for His specific plans and purposes.
- HE wants you to know that YOU belong to HIM!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You know me, and You know my name. You see me, and You have called me for Your pleasure and plans. How awesome it is to know that I belong to You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 2:14
‘But I thank God, Who always leads us in victory because of Christ.’
- The Lord wants to bring us through the challenges, to a place of victory.
- We can be thankful, because we can expect His help in our lives.
- Thankfulness should be our attitude towards the Lord and His faithfulness.
- At the same time, we can believe that He will always lead us to victory.
Prayer: Lord, I am so thankful for Your hand in my life. Truly, You lead me through the wilderness and through the darkness, into the light of Your victory and strength. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 12:12
‘Let your hope keep you joyful, be patient in your troubles, and pray at all times.’
- Hope is a vital component to having a happy life.
- Hope is what gets you up in the morning and keeps you believing for the best.
- Hold onto your hope and let it give you joy and confidence.
- At the same time, be patient, and do not forget to pray.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the hope and confidence I have in You. My hope comes from You and so I can be joyful. Help me in the things I am facing and may I never forget to pray and call on You, because You will help me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 15:13
‘May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.’
- Something wonderful happens when we just simply trust the Lord.
- The Lord comes and fills us with joy and peace as we trust Him.
- Fear and anxiety are not part of God’s plan for you.
- HE wants you to overflow with hope, and it starts as we trust in Him.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to trust in You at this difficult time that the world is going through. Come, by Your Holy Spirit, and fill me with hope. May I overflow with hope as I depend on You from day to day. Amen.