Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 28:6
‘You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.’
- Coming and going, is one of the most natural human habits.
- Living in a condition of ‘lockdown’ is not what we were designed for.
- The Lord wants to bless our coming in and our going out.
- As you move around, you can anticipate His blessings and protection.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that Your blessing on my life includes Your blessing on my movements. I can come and go, with the full knowledge, that I do so with Your blessing and favour. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 31:3
‘I have loved you with an everlasting love. That is why I have continued to be faithful to you.’
- The love of the Lord for you, knows no end or limitation.
- He loves you, with an everlasting love, and a continually faithful love.
- He says to you: ‘I have loved you, with an everlasting lasting love!’
- Because of His great love, you can rely on His ongoing faithfulness.
Prayer: Lord, today I rest in the fact that You love me. May Your love and faithfulness become something I am more aware of, than the things that are going on around me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:32
‘It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.’
- There are two things about the Lord that we can be sure of.
- 1. The Lord will give you the strength that you need.
- 2. The Lord will look after you and take care of you.
- If we know that He cares for us and strengthens us, we can be secure.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are the One who comes alongside me to give me the strength that I need. Thank You for Your eternal care and loving-kindness towards me. You make my path secure. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 15:13 (NLT)
‘I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you COMPLETELY with joy and peace because you trust in Him.’
- Anxiety, distress, and dread are the rewards for entertaining fear.
- Hope, joy, and peace are the rewards of trusting in the Lord.
- Hope, joy, and peace can be our reality as we believe in Him.
- We can choose, fear or trust, and we can enjoy the associated rewards.
Prayer: Lord, as from today, I will not live by fear, but I choose to live a life of believing and trusting in You. Fill me with Your peace, Your joy, and Your hope, and may my life overflow with hope. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 46:11
‘The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.’
- How wonderful it is to know that the Lord is with us.
- The LORD of Heaven’s Armies is here with us today.
- He is mighty, He is all-powerful, and He is able to save us.
- He is your refuge and your strength; you are not alone.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me. Right here, in this moment, You are here with me. I have a refuge, I have a place to go, because You are here with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 46:10
‘Be still, and KNOW that I am God.’
- In the busyness of life, it’s good to take a moment to see things in perspective.
- Life can become overwhelming and we can be distracted and doubt.
- Pause, for a moment, and be reassured that God is still God.
- With this knowledge, we can face life with confidence and peace.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for being distracted by all the things that are going on around me and in the world at this time. I take this moment to ‘be still’. I ask that You reveal to me afresh the truth I need to live by, that You are God! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 13:21
‘The LORD went ahead of them. He guided them during the day with a pillar of cloud, and He provided light at night with a pillar of fire.’
- The Lord wants to be your guide in the good times and in the dark times.
- He goes ahead of us, and makes a way where we can’t see a way.
- With each new day, He wants to point us in the right direction.
- The LORD Himself goes before you; He will be with you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my Guide. You show me which path I should take and then You walk with me along the specific road You have appointed for me. I choose to follow You, my Lord, and my Guide. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Judges 16:28
Samson called to the LORD and said, ‘O Lord GOD, please remember me and please strengthen me…’
- In Samson’s lowest and darkest moments, He called out to the Lord.
- With all his faults and failures, the Lord still remembered him.
- Even in his final moments, the Lord was with him to strengthen him.
- No matter what, The Lord is with you, He remembers you and gives you strength.
Prayer: Lord, I call out to You in this moment, and I ask that You remember me and that You will strengthen me. You are my Lord and Saviour, You have never abandoned or forsaken me. I look to you! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 40:31 (GNT)
‘Those who trust in the LORD for help will find their strength renewed.’
- It is as we wait on the Lord and trust in Him, that our strength is renewed.
- To wait on God and to trust Him is to expect Him to help us.
- As we look to the Lord, something happens – our strength gets renewed.
- So, look to Him, and be expectant, and may you find your strength growing.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to trust in You and to look to You for the help I need. I place my hope and confidence in You, my Lord. Thank You for the assurance and strength I have in the knowledge that You will help me. Amen.