Daily Bible Verse: Romans 8:28
‘And we know that God works ALL things together for the GOOD of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.’
- We can live with the assurance that God will work things out.
- All things are in His hands and nothing can remove them from His hands.
- He takes our challenges and trials and works them into something wonderful.
- Our responsibility is to simply love the Lord and serve His purposes.
Prayer: Lord, what a joy it is to know that You will work things out in my life. Nothing I go through is every wasted, because You can use it and transform it into good in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 1:7
‘God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.’
- Fear does not come from the Lord.
- Fear is something the enemy uses to ruin and control our lives.
- The Lord gives us power, love and a sound mind.
- Don’t settle for anything less than God’s best for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can live my life enabled by Your power, guided by Your love and operating in the sound mind that You have promised me. I resist all fear and anxiety and I choose to live in dependence on You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 14:27
‘Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled; do not be afraid.’
- The Lord wants us to enjoy a gift – peace of mind and heart.
- It is a gift that He freely gives and a gift we can freely receive.
- The world’s peace is empty, but His peace passes all understanding.
- His peace is our sure foundation and therefore we do not need to fear.
Prayer: Lord, I receive Your gift of peace into my heart and mind today. I choose Your peace over my wisdom, thoughts and fears. Fill me with You peace so that I can enjoy a life without fear. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 14:1
‘Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God;believe also in Me.’
- Living with troubled hearts can be a debilitating thing.
- It robs us of the joy of life and our confidence in God.
- Our Saviour tells us not to allow this condition to develop in our lives.
- We can trust the Lord with every care, worry and concern.
Prayer: Lord, I give You those things that concern and trouble my heart. I want to enjoy the freedom of knowing that I can trust You with every detail of life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:6
‘Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your specific requests known to God.’
- In everything that life may bring across our paths, the Lord is ready to help us.
- There is no situation or circumstance that is beyond His help.
- Worry, anxiety and fear undermine our faith and confidence.
- Keep on bringing your requests to the Lord and see what He will do.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me in every situation I face. Nothing is too difficult for You and You will help me, so I do not need to be anxious or fearful. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 16:13
‘Be on the alert. Stand firm in the faith. Be men (women) of courage. Be strong.’
- We must stay alert, be on our guard and keep watching.
- The enemy seeks to devour and destroy.
- The Lord wants to bring us His life and peace.
- So stand firm, be courageous, stay strong and He will be your life and peace.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to stand firm in my faith in You. I will be courageous and strong as I believe and hold onto the hope I have in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 61:2
‘From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.’
- When our hearts are overwhelmed, we have someone to turn to.
- When we feel deserted and alone, we have someone we can call on.
- We have a God who listens to and hears our every prayer.
- HE will bring us through the storm and place our feet on solid ground.
Prayer: Lord, I call to You today. You are my hope and my salvation. Lead me through my situation and place my feet upon the rock. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:2
‘The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge!’
- The Lord is your ‘secure place’, your stronghold and your deliverer.
- He is your rock in whom you can trust.
- In a world that is unstable and insecure, we need Him more than ever.
- Take refuge in Him and place your trust and confidence in Him!
Prayer: Lord, You truly are my ‘safe place’. What a joy it is to run into Your arms, knowing that it is there that I can be secure and safe. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 33:21
Then the LORD said, ‘There is a place near Me where you may stand on a rock.’
- There is a place, close to the heart of God, which is especially for you.
- The Lord wants to reveal something of His character to you.
- When He is near you can stand secure.
- When you know that He is with you, you do not need to fear or despair.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me. I choose to draw near to You so that I can know the closeness and joy of Your presence in my life. Amen.