Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:35
The angel answered, ‘The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you.’
- Oh the joy to know that God is with us.
- When the Holy Spirit comes upon us the greatest miracles can take place.
- When the Lord’s shadows fall on us we know that we are under His wings.
- Expect more of His abiding presence and power in and on your life.
Prayer: Lord, may Your Holy Spirit rest on me and may I know that You are with me. I place my life in Your capable hands. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:13
The angel said to him, ‘Do not be afraid, Zechariah, because your prayer has been heard.’
- The Lord knows you by name and your situation is important to Him.
- Zechariah must have been praying and out of nowhere appears the angel.
- The angel brings the wonderful news that his prayer had been heard.
- The Lord hears your prayers and He will answer with more than you expected.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can bring my requests and petitions to You, knowing that You hear my prayers and that You are a prayer-answering God. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:30
The angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favour with God!’
- The greatest joy we can know as humans is the favour of God on our lives.
- This favour includes His mercy, His grace and His blessings on our lives.
- When we know that His blessing rests on us, we do not need to fear.
- May you know the favour and the blessing of the Lord on your life today!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can know Your favour and blessing on my life. The blessing that comes from you is my greatest wealth and treasure. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 13:14
‘Judah turned and saw that they were being attacked at both front and rear. Then they cried out to the LORD.’
- Sometimes it can feel like we are surrounded and facing battles on every front.
- When the battle is at its worst, let it be the most natural thing to turn to God.
- We should remind ourselves that nothing can stop God from intervening.
- No matter what we are facing, our access to God is never limited.
Prayer: Lord, no matter what I am facing, I choose to remind myself that You are close beside me and that I can continually call out to You for help! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 28:7
‘The LORD is My strength and My shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped!’
- The Lord is your helper and protector.
- You can trust Him with every aspect that challenges you.
- It does not say: ‘He will help’, it says: ‘I am helped’.
- When we call on the Lord, He steps in and we are helped.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that You are MY strength and You are MY shield and You are helping me. My hearts trusts and rests in You! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 27:13
‘I would have despaired had I not believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.’
- Where would we be if we did not believe we would experience God’s favour?
- Without this knowledge we would be utterly hopeless.
- But we can expect His goodness, His mercy and His grace in our lives.
- So don’t despair, rather believe and live with confident expectation.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the wonderful things that you have planned and prepared for me. I will believe in Your goodness towards me no matter what I may be facing. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 8:28
‘And we know that God works ALL things together for the GOOD of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.’
- We can live with the assurance that God will work things out.
- All things are in His hands and nothing can remove them from His hands.
- He takes our challenges and trials and works them into something wonderful.
- Our responsibility is to simply love the Lord and serve His purposes.
Prayer: Lord, what a joy it is to know that You will work things out in my life. Nothing I go through is every wasted, because You can use it and transform it into good in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 1:7
‘God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.’
- Fear does not come from the Lord.
- Fear is something the enemy uses to ruin and control our lives.
- The Lord gives us power, love and a sound mind.
- Don’t settle for anything less than God’s best for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can live my life enabled by Your power, guided by Your love and operating in the sound mind that You have promised me. I resist all fear and anxiety and I choose to live in dependence on You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 14:27
‘Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled; do not be afraid.’
- The Lord wants us to enjoy a gift – peace of mind and heart.
- It is a gift that He freely gives and a gift we can freely receive.
- The world’s peace is empty, but His peace passes all understanding.
- His peace is our sure foundation and therefore we do not need to fear.
Prayer: Lord, I receive Your gift of peace into my heart and mind today. I choose Your peace over my wisdom, thoughts and fears. Fill me with You peace so that I can enjoy a life without fear. Amen.