Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 121:8
‘The LORD keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.’
- Our comings and goings are aspects of our lives that are important to God.
- He personally watches over us as we go about our daily affairs.
- He does this because He is interested and loves us in great detail.
- The greatest joy is to know that there is an eternal dimension to His care for us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You watch over me. My life is not hidden, but You watch my every move and You will care for me both now, and into eternity. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 121:7
‘The LORD will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul.’
- We can have the best protection in the world, but that does not guarantee safety.
- But when we know that the Lord is protecting us, we can rest secure.
- He is your Protector and your Keeper.
- Don’t give in to fear but trust Him to keep and protect you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my Protector. I will trust and I will not be afraid, because You are with me and You will keep my soul. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 1:5
‘I (the Lord) will be with you.’
- The promise of the Lord is that He will always be with us.
- Today He is with you and each day that lies ahead He will also be with you.
- Not even death can separate us from Him and His great love for us.
- No matter how you feel today, know that He is with you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I am never alone, abandoned or forsaken by You. You are with me and that gives me the strength I need to take the next step and carry on. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 24:11
‘…they saw God, and did eat and drink.’
- What a wonderful thought that these people could see God in their situation.
- The Lord wants you to see His hand in our own situations and circumstances.
- Expect the Lord to show Himself strong on your behalf.
- So be expectant, for as this happens, you will have reason to rejoice and celebrate.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that I will see You at work in my life. You know what I am facing and going through. I trust in Your mighty working power in my heart and circumstances. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 2:19
‘You are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God's people and also members of His household.’
- How wonderful it is to know that we belong and can enjoy a sense of belonging.
- We belong to God and we are members of His household.
- You are part of God’s wonderful worldwide family.
- You do not need to feel alone, you are a ‘fellow citizen’ and part of His family.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the sense of belonging that I can enjoy as one of Your children. I am not a stranger or a foreigner or a slave. I am Your child and I belong to You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Peter 2:9b (NLT)
‘You can show others the goodness of God, For He called you out of the darkness and into His wonderful light.’
- The Lord’s plan for you is that you should live in His wonderful light.
- In a world filled with darkness, you can be a beacon of light and hope.
- As we live as people of the light, the world will see the hand of God.
- Let us reject all forms of darkness and let us embrace His light in our lives.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be an example of Your goodness. May others see the light that flows through my life because You are a living reality to me! I choose to walk in Your wonderful light. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Peter 2:9
‘But you are a chosen people… ’
- You have been chosen by God Himself and His hand is on you.
- You have been chosen by God to fulfil a special purpose and plan.
- You are not here by accident or by fate.
- You are here for such a time as this and the Master needs you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You have a plan and purpose for my life. You have chosen and hand-selected me to do what You have pre-prepared for me to do. Help me to fulfil that blueprint You have for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 19:5
‘…you will be My own special treasure… ’
- You are valuable and precious to God and He loves you.
- You are His treasure and He will not allow you to be plucked from His hand.
- No one can take God’s treasures away from Him.
- Let us follow Him with all our hearts and let us enjoy the fact that we are His treasure.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can know that I am valuable and precious in Your sight. I choose to do what pleases You because You are the One who knows and cares for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 16:14
‘Show love in everything you do. ’
- Love should be the guiding force in our daily lives.
- God is love and when we show love we are being like God to others.
- In a world that is harsh and unforgiving, we should shine His love around us.
- In everything you do today and in the future, remember to do it all in love.
Prayer: Lord, may my life reflect Your great love to those around me. Let me not act out of character with the love I have received. Instead let me be a dispenser of Your love to those I come in contact with. Amen.