Daily Bible Verse: John 10:42
‘And many believed in Him...’
- You and I are called to be believers.
- Doubt, disbelief and uncertainty should have no place in our lives.
- We belong to Him, we are His children and we can trust and believe.
- Step away from doubt and fear and choose to believe in Him now!
Prayer: Lord, I reject all my doubts and fears and I choose to doubt my doubts and to exchange my disbelief for faith, and my hesitation for complete confidence in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 10:41
‘John didn’t perform miraculous signs,’ they remarked to one another, ‘but everything he said about this Man (Jesus) has come true.’
- Your life may not be remarkable, but your words can make a difference.
- People remembered what John the Baptist had said long after his death.
- So speak up about how great God is, tell of His power and His greatness.
- Words are like seeds, we plant them and they produce their own harvest.
Prayer: Lord, may my mouth never be filled with idle words, but may my mouth speak of Your faithfulness and loving-kindness. May I be remembered for reminding people that they can trust and rely on You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 9:10
‘Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might...’
- We should take advantage of every opportunity the Lord brings across our path.
- Even in difficult times, we should not resign ourselves to doing nothing.
- There is always another step we can take, another avenue to pursue.
- Giving up is not an option, putting one foot in front of the other, is the answer.
Prayer: Lord, help me to be able to see the opportunities that You bring across my path, help me to see the open doors that You have prepared for me, and give me the courage to move forward with determination. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 9:4
‘We must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the One Who sent us. The night is coming, and then no one can work.’
- The Lord has a purpose and a plan with your life.
- You are not here by accident with no destiny or purpose.
- Do what He gives you to do, and be a blessing where you can.
- This is the season to show kindness and love to others.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be a blessing to those around me. Show me how I can be a blessing, and to whom I can be a blessing, so that Your love can touch the lives of others, through me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 5:16
‘In the same way, let your light shine before others…’
- As His children we are called to be different.
- We should not be spreading darkness and despair.
- We should reflect His light into the darkness around us.
- Let your light shine, and be a source of hope to others.
Prayer: Lord, may my life be dedicated to You, in all I do and say, and may my presence bring hope, healing and life, into the lives of those I come in contact with. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Kings 3:5
That night the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream, and God said, ‘What do you want? Ask, and I will give it to you!’
- It is so important to bring our requests to the Lord.
- The pattern of heaven is that we would ask, and that opens the way to receive.
- As we ask, we establish a connection between ourselves and the Giver.
- We have not, because we ask not.
Prayer: Lord, today I come and stand in Your Holy presence to bring my requests and petitions to You. Right now, I ask for a miracle in my situation. You are the Giver of every good and perfect gift and I look to You, for my situation. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 4:10
Jesus replied, ‘If you only knew the gift God has for you and Who you are speaking to, you would ask Me, and I would give you living water.’
- The gifts that God has for us are some of the greatest joys in life.
- The gift of the ‘Light of Life’ means that we never have to walk in darkness again.
- The gift of ‘Peace’ means we don’t need to fear, worry, or be upset.
- The gift of ‘Eternal Life’ means we can know our eternal destiny is secure.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the gifts that You make available to me. I ask that You would give me the ‘Light of Life’, that comes from You, the ‘Peace’ that passes all understanding, ‘Eternal Life’, so that I never need to fear death, and the ‘Living Water’, so that I can be satisfied and whole. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 3:27
‘No one can receive anything unless God gives it from heaven.’
- Everything we have in life is a gift from the hand of God.
- Life itself is a gift, and the very breath in our lungs is a gift from God.
- Don’t take things for granted.
- Every good and perfect gift comes to us from the Lord.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are the Giver of every blessing and treasure that I enjoy in my life. I will praise You as long as You lend me the breath in my lungs. I recognise that every good thing comes from You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 46:4
‘I will be your God throughout your lifetime - until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.’
- This is one of those very reassuring promises from God’s Word.
- He undertakes to be your God throughout your lifetime.
- There is never a moment when He is not there, or when He has left you.
- He will care for you, He will carry you and He will save you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that right now You are with me. At this time of concern and vulnerability, You remain the One Who cares, carries, and rescues me. Amen.