Daily Bible Verse: Luke 2:10
The angel reassured them. ‘Don’t be afraid!’ he said. ‘I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people.’
- Great joy, in your heart and soul, is part of God’s plan for your life.
- Good News is the very message of His birth.
- The whole world needs the Good News that we have a Saviour.
- He wants to bring joy to the world, and also, joy to your world.
Prayer: Lord, I ask that You would come and flood my heart with the good news. I have heard enough bad news. I believe it is time to receive the Good News afresh, and to be filled with Your great joy. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 2:8-9
‘There were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them…’
- Can you imagine living through such a wonderful experience?
- The Lord appeared to them through an angel.
- The glory of the Lord was shining all around them.
- May you experience His presence and His glory all around you!
Prayer: Lord, as I go into this festive season, may the reality of Your presence and the glory of Your light, shine on and around me. As I celebrate Your birth, may my life be changed forever. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 60:1 (AMP)
‘Arise, from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you — rise to a new life!’
- Right now, you can let go of the past and embrace the future.
- You can let go of depression and fear, and take hold of faith and courage.
- Circumstances may have kept you down, but now you can rise up and stand.
- The Lord is with you, and the future starts now.
Prayer: Lord, I choose the new life that You have prepared for me. Regardless of what has happened, or what I have been through, I choose to stand up and take hold of all You have in store for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 7:14
‘Young man,’ HE said, ‘I tell you, get up.’
- The Lord can bring life into hopeless and desperate situations.
- He can breathe new life into your heart and soul.
- Perhaps circumstances, or the challenges of this year, have brought you down.
- It is time to get up, pick up the pieces, and receive His faithfulness towards you.
Prayer: Lord, with Your help and Your strength, I will arise and I will walk in the light of Your favour and blessing. Breathe new life into me, I pray, and may I know that You are with me and I will step forward with confidence in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 7:13
‘When the Lord saw her, His heart overflowed with compassion. “Don’t cry!” He said.’
- One of the wonderful attributes of the Lord is His great compassion.
- Compassion is the ability to share another person’s struggle.
- However, compassion is also linked to an urgent desire to help.
- The Lord knows what you are going through, and He will step in and help.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You can see what is happening in, and with me. Your compassion is overflowing towards me, and Your help will be dispensed to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 5:13
‘Jesus reached out His hand and touched the man.’
- The Lord is willing and able to reach out and touch you.
- Do you need His touch today, are you longing for His touch?
- Our condition does not stop the Lord from reaching out to take hold of us.
- We may think that we do not deserve it, but He wants to touch and heal us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your great willingness to touch and change my life. Thank You that as I come to You, You are ready and willing to receive me. You extend Your hand to touch and restore me now. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 3:16
‘I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit.’
- External strength comes as a result of inner strength from God.
- It all starts on the inside, within our hearts and souls.
- It is from this place that God wants to give His strength to us.
- Receive His strength and be empowered from within, with the strength He gives you.
Prayer: Lord, I open up the door of my heart and life to You. Come and make Your home within my heart. Come and strengthen and enable me from within my very being, to be what You want me to be. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 12:9
‘My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.’
- His grace, mercy and loving-kindness are available to you.
- In fact, it is everything you need in life, and in your situation.
- When we are feeling weak, He will come and strengthen us.
- Give Him your weakness, and receive His grace and power in your life.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are all I need. In my weakness, I choose to trust and have confidence in You, and I believe that Your power will be seen in my life, and I know that Your grace will carry me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 20:15
This is what the LORD says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's.’
- When we are facing challenges and insecurity, we can get discouraged.
- Discouragement robs us of our joy and of our peace.
- Today, the Lord wants to say to you: ‘Do not be discouraged!’
- The Lord will fight for you, because He loves and cares for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the strength, joy and peace You bring into my life. I will not allow a spirit of discouragement to torment me, because You have told me not to fear or be discouraged. Amen.