Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 146:6
‘He (the Lord) remains faithful forever!’
- We serve an eternally faithful God.
- There is no beginning and end to His faithfulness.
- He remains faithful in perpetuity.
- The Lord keeps every promise and He remains forever faithful.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that regardless of the situations and issues that confront me, You remain a faithful God to me. You carry me and underneath are the everlasting arms on which I can depend. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 146:5
‘Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God.’
- Do you want to be blessed? Then put your hope and trust in the Lord.
- The Lord is your great Helper.
- Nothing is too difficult for the Lord your Maker.
- Our hope and expectation is found in Him and in Him alone.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can know that You are my Helper. You will come to my aid and deliver me. My hope is in You and You are the forever faithful One. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 146:3
‘Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save.’
- Sometimes we put our trust in the wrong places.
- The Lord is the only One who can truly save us.
- Let us not be distracted by other ‘sources of help’.
- The Lord is the source of our needs and we must look to Him with expectation.
Prayer: Lord, forgive me for thinking that other people can solve my problems when You are the only One to whom I can really turn. I place my trust and confidence in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 139:10
‘Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.’
- No matter what we face in life, the Lord undertakes to guide us through it all.
- His leading and guiding hand is always there to gently show us the way to go.
- He will never remove His hand from our lives, even if we feel abandoned.
- He’s always there and He will hold us fast, even when things seem to fall apart.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your guiding hand in my life. I surrender myself into Your completely trustworthy hands. Hold me and lead me I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 139:5
‘You hem me in behind and before; You have laid Your hand upon me.’
- The Lord is both behind you and ahead of you.
- Your past and your future are securely in His hands.
- He wants to come and encircle you with His love and peace.
- He is the beginning and the end of all things and that includes your life.
Prayer: Lord, come, with Your great love, and encircle me. May I know that You go before me, behind me, on either side of me and above and below me! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 125:2
‘As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds His people.’
- Just imagine, for moment, that your life is surrounded by the Lord.
- That problem, that issue, is something He has surrounded with His love and care.
- You are never alone, because His love surrounds you.
- Rest secure, knowing that He surrounds you on every side.
Prayer: Lord, Your great love for me is beyond comprehension. At every turn I can trust that Your love and care is there for me. So I will be confident in Your all-encompassing presence today. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 121:8
‘The LORD keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.’
- Our comings and goings are aspects of our lives that are important to God.
- He personally watches over us as we go about our daily affairs.
- He does this because He is interested and loves us in great detail.
- The greatest joy is to know that there is an eternal dimension to His care for us.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You watch over me. My life is not hidden, but You watch my every move and You will care for me both now, and into eternity. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 121:7
‘The LORD will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul.’
- We can have the best protection in the world, but that does not guarantee safety.
- But when we know that the Lord is protecting us, we can rest secure.
- He is your Protector and your Keeper.
- Don’t give in to fear but trust Him to keep and protect you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my Protector. I will trust and I will not be afraid, because You are with me and You will keep my soul. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 1:5
‘I (the Lord) will be with you.’
- The promise of the Lord is that He will always be with us.
- Today He is with you and each day that lies ahead He will also be with you.
- Not even death can separate us from Him and His great love for us.
- No matter how you feel today, know that He is with you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I am never alone, abandoned or forsaken by You. You are with me and that gives me the strength I need to take the next step and carry on. Amen.