Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 112:7
‘He need not fear a bad report, for his heart is unshaken, since he trusts in the LORD.’
- Sometimes bad news is part of life, but we do not need to fear it.
- Our confidence in God means that our hearts do not need to be shaken.
- Trusting in the Lord allows us to believe that He will take care of things.
- Let your heart and mind rest secure in the knowledge that the Lord has your back.
Prayer: Lord, I will not be shaken, even as I see and hear of things that are taking place. My hope is not in the ‘plans of men’, but my hope is in You. I will trust and not be afraid. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Habakkuk 3:17-18
‘Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Saviour.’
- Our attitude always determines our altitude in life.
- Things may not look good, but we can still rejoice in the Lord.
- Despite how things may look, keep your eyes on Him.
- He is the great Restorer, and He is the great Deliverer.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to rejoice in You. I choose to be joyful and have hope in You, my God and my Saviour. You know my circumstances and my situation, and I believe that You will be faithful to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Habakkuk 3:19
‘The Sovereign LORD is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to tread on the heights.’
- The LORD, the Lord, is your strength.
- He will enable you to walk through this season of life.
- He will hold you and ensure that you are surefooted and secure.
- He will equip you to be able to negotiate the rugged terrain.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are my strength. You enable me to pass through the storms and valleys of life, and You will bring me through it and secure me from falling. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 120:1 (NTL)
‘I took my troubles to the LORD; I cried out to Him, and He answered my prayer.’
- How wonderful it is to know that we can take our troubles to the Lord.
- Prayer is a wonderful tool we have to deal with the challenges of life.
- Turn your worries and cares into prayer.
- He will hear, He will answer, and He will deliver you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can call out to You and bring my requests, concerns and troubles to You. You are the One Who makes crooked places straight, and You make rivers flow in the desert. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 119:175
‘Let me live so I can praise You…’
- Our lives have purpose and meaning when we focus on the Lord.
- There is so much going on around us to distract and discourage us.
- Our focus should be on the Lord, and we should remind ourselves of His goodness.
- Let us use every living moment we are given, to praise Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for a new day and a new week. I choose to praise You. I will not be overwhelmed by circumstances or challenges in my life, or things going on in the world. As long as I live, I will praise You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 55:3b
‘I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.’
- How awesome it is to know that we have an everlasting covenant with God.
- No troubles, problems or challenges, will ever undo His promise to you.
- Part of this promise is that you will know His unfailing love in your life.
- His unfailing love is reaching out to you and reminding you of His faithfulness.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your eternal promise of unfailing love for me. Even though I live in uncertain times, I have the assurance of Your unfailing love and everlasting covenant towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 55:3a
‘Come to Me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life.’
- More than ever, we need the guidance and direction that only God gives.
- We are invited to come to Him and listen to His leading.
- He will lead you through the challenges and issues of life.
- He will show you where to go, and when to stop, and you will find life.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that my ears would be open and sensitive to the words You speak to me. May I hear Your instructions, and obey, so that I can know life in all its fullness. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 5:8
‘Walk as children of the LIGHT.’
- As His children, we know His light in our lives.
- As a result of His light in our lives, it should change the way we live.
- We should be reflecting His light to the world around us.
- People should see the difference, because we have His light in our hearts.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your light that shines within my heart. I will not be contaminated by the darkness around me, but I will walk with confidence, because of Your light within me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 91:1 (CEV)
‘Live under the protection of God Most High and stay in the shadow of God All-Powerful.’
- There is a place where we should find the protection we need.
- That place is close to the Lord, under the shadow of His wings.
- It is a place where we must live, it is a place where we must stay.
- Live under His protection and stay under His powerful shadow.
Prayer: Lord, today I choose to live my life under Your protection and shadow. I will not depend on my own strength and ability, but I will look to You and Your All-Powerful hand in my life. Amen.