Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 11:11
‘It was by faith that Sarah was able to have a child, though she was barren and was too old. She believed that God would keep His promise.’
- Our confidence and faith in the Lord will bring great results.
- Time lost, and difficult circumstances, are no issue to the Lord.
- Our responsibility is to believe, and to keep on believing.
- Don’t ask how He will do it, just know that He will keep His promises.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that I BELIEVE in You and in Your promises to me. Despite how things may look, how much time has passed, and the odds that are against me, I choose to believe. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 10:23
‘Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise.’
- Holding on and not giving up should be our determined decision.
- Giving up will not get us to the breakthrough God has for us.
- The truth is that the Lord can be trusted to help and see us through.
- Hold tight, don’t waver, you have a hope, and His promise is sure!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can hold onto You with all my heart and all my strength. You can be trusted completely, and You are utterly faithful. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 10:10 (NLT)
‘Using a dull axe requires great strength, so sharpen the blade.’
- The rigours of life can take away from our effectiveness.
- Over time, the blade of our lives can become blunt and dull.
- When this happens, life demands much greater strength from us.
- If we take the time, with God’s help, and sharpen the blade, we will succeed.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to stop and pause right here. I present to You the ‘blunt blade’ of my life and I ask You to breathe new life and sharpness into my life, so that I can be effective and productive for You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 17:50
‘And so, without a sword, David defeated and killed Goliath with a sling and a stone!’
- The Lord can use what seems insignificant to give you the victory.
- With God, a sling and a stone can become a weapon of mass destruction.
- The challenge and obstacle in front of you can be defeated with His help.
- Humanity may see only one solution, but the Lord can use anything!
Prayer: Lord, when You are with me, I can walk in victory, and I can know that the giant in front of me will fall. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 9:11
‘The race is not always won by the swiftest, the battle is not always won by the strongest.’
- Human strength and ability are not always a guarantee of success.
- We must never leave the Lord out of the equation of life.
- He tells us: Let the weak say, ‘I am strong!’
- He tells us: Let the poor say, ‘I am rich!
Prayer: Lord, I choose to run the particular race You have set before me, with Your strength. I choose to fight the battle I am confronted with, in Your might and Your power. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 8:4
‘The word of the King is powerful!’
- The words of earthly kings are powerful.
- But the words of the King of Kings are infallible.
- In a world of fake news and rumours, we should depend on HIS words.
- Believe what God says and leave the rest to the ‘test of time’.
Prayer: Lord, I look to You and Your words. I will not be swayed by all I hear and see, but I will place my trust and confidence in You. I believe what You say and that settles it! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 7:3 (GNT)
‘Sorrow is better than laughter; it may sadden your face, but it sharpens your understanding.’
- Life is not always easy and full of laughter.
- But going through the difficult times develops other aspects of our lives.
- A sad face does not always indicate a sad heart.
- Remember, stars shine the brightest in the longest and darkest nights.
Prayer: Lord, thank You, that despite what I may be facing, You are with me, and You are at work within me. No matter how dark things may seem, may my heart know that You are there for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 4:32
‘Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.’
- How we treat others reflects the condition of our own hearts.
- We live in difficult times, and we need to show kindness to others.
- Let us not be selfish but let us be kind and tender-hearted.
- In the process, the Lord can use us, to show His love to others.
Prayer: Lord, I am so thankful for the love and kindness You have shown me. May I be used, by You, to show kindness to others around me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 7:33-34
Then the Lord said to Moses, ‘I have indeed seen the oppression of my people. I have heard their groaning and have come down to set them free.’
- Nothing escapes the view and the attention of the Lord.
- He sees all things; He knows all things, and He cares deeply.
- He will not allow wrong things to continue in perpetuity.
- He will step in; He will come to your rescue, and He will bring freedom.
Prayer: Lord, how wonderful it is to know that You know all things and You see all things. I rejoice, knowing that You will step into my situation, in Your perfect time. I will trust You in my situation. Amen.