This is what the LORD says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's.’
- When we are facing challenges and insecurity, we can get discouraged. - Discouragement robs us of our joy and of our peace. - Today, the Lord wants to say to you: ‘Do not be discouraged!’ - The Lord will fight for you, because He loves and cares for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the strength, joy and peace You bring into my life. I will not allow a spirit of discouragement to torment me, because You have told me not to fear or be discouraged. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 2:14
‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.’
Alive to God Blog
How Do We Overcome?
August 23, 2019
HOW DO WE OVERCOME?
1. Through being connected to God.
It is His plan for us to live a life of overcoming. This is living on top.
Galatians 2:20 ‘It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.’
When this happens we can experience a lifestyle of overcoming. How does Christ live in you and me?
2. By His Spirit.
Ephesians 3:16 ‘May He grant you out of the rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in the inner man by the Holy Spirit’ (Himself indwelling your inner most being and personality)
3. We overcome because we have got God inside of us and because of the power of the blood of Jesus.
Revelation 12:11 ‘They overcame by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony.’
4. Not in your own strength.
Philippians 2:13 ‘(not in your own strength) for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you.’
5. Another tool for overcoming is our faith.
1 John 5:4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
If you have a PRAYER REQUEST, please send us an e-mail at Prayer@AliveToGod.com For more information about Alive to God, or to subscribe to our free DAILY BIBLE VERSE, please visit www.AliveToGod.com