‘The LORD blessed the latter part of Job’s life more than the former part.’
- With God the ‘good old days’ cannot compare to what lies ahead. - We should not live in the past but we should look forward with hope. - The Lord is able to restore and bring you into a new and better season. - You may have been through a lot, but the Lord still has good things for you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your blessing on my life. You have brought me to this point and as I trust You I know that the next part of my life can be even better than the best of the past. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Samuel 24:25
‘And the LORD answered his prayer for the land, and the plague was stopped.’
Alive to God Blog
How Do We Overcome?
August 23, 2019
HOW DO WE OVERCOME?
1. Through being connected to God.
It is His plan for us to live a life of overcoming. This is living on top.
Galatians 2:20 ‘It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.’
When this happens we can experience a lifestyle of overcoming. How does Christ live in you and me?
2. By His Spirit.
Ephesians 3:16 ‘May He grant you out of the rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in the inner man by the Holy Spirit’ (Himself indwelling your inner most being and personality)
3. We overcome because we have got God inside of us and because of the power of the blood of Jesus.
Revelation 12:11 ‘They overcame by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony.’
4. Not in your own strength.
Philippians 2:13 ‘(not in your own strength) for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you.’
5. Another tool for overcoming is our faith.
1 John 5:4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
If you have a PRAYER REQUEST, please send us an e-mail at Prayer@AliveToGod.com For more information about Alive to God, or to subscribe to our free DAILY BIBLE VERSE, please visit www.AliveToGod.com