‘The LORD your God… He will quiet you with His love.’
- In the midst of all the noise going on around us, we can know His peace. - Distress, fear and anxiety can rob us of our joy and peace. - The Lord wants to step into your situation and silence the storm. - His love can be a living reality and as a result we can know rest in our hearts.
Prayer: Lord, I invite You into my heart and life. I give you right of way, to come and still the storms that rage within my heart. May I be overwhelmed by Your love and not by what is going on around me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Zephaniah 3:17
‘The LORD your God… He takes great delight in you’
Alive to God Blog
How Do We Overcome?
August 23, 2019
HOW DO WE OVERCOME?
1. Through being connected to God.
It is His plan for us to live a life of overcoming. This is living on top.
Galatians 2:20 ‘It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.’
When this happens we can experience a lifestyle of overcoming. How does Christ live in you and me?
2. By His Spirit.
Ephesians 3:16 ‘May He grant you out of the rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in the inner man by the Holy Spirit’ (Himself indwelling your inner most being and personality)
3. We overcome because we have got God inside of us and because of the power of the blood of Jesus.
Revelation 12:11 ‘They overcame by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony.’
4. Not in your own strength.
Philippians 2:13 ‘(not in your own strength) for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you.’
5. Another tool for overcoming is our faith.
1 John 5:4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
If you have a PRAYER REQUEST, please send us an e-mail at Prayer@AliveToGod.com For more information about Alive to God, or to subscribe to our free DAILY BIBLE VERSE, please visit www.AliveToGod.com