Jesus had healed the ten leppars. Because of their disease, they were disconnected from society and from Jesus. The issue is that even in their disconnected state they knew where to go for help. Even from a afar off they recognized Jesus and they knew, from what they had heard, they He would help them.
Your life may distant from God. Perhaps things that you have been through have kept you away from God and you think that you are too far from God for Him to hear and answer your call. No matter what the distance and no matter what you condition may be, Jesus is there and He is ready and able to receive you and touch your life.
Obedience is important to God.
* As these people called out to God for healing from this deadly disease He responded in a way that was perhaps unexpected.
* He did simply say you are healed go in peace.
* But rather he issued an instruction to these people.
* Jesus told them to go and show themselves to the priests.
* I can imagine that they must have been challenged.
* They were not healed yet and here Jesus is telling them to go and show themselves to the priests so that the priests could confirm the healing, which had not yet happened.
* Perhaps they were discouraged or even angry as they stood there contemplating if they should go to the priests or not.
* This was a test that they had to pass.