Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:2
‘The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge!’
- The Lord is your ‘secure place’, your stronghold and your deliverer.
- He is your rock in whom you can trust.
- In a world that is unstable and insecure, we need Him more than ever.
- Take refuge in Him and place your trust and confidence in Him!
Prayer: Lord, You truly are my ‘safe place’. What a joy it is to run into Your arms, knowing that it is there that I can be secure and safe. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 33:21
Then the LORD said, ‘There is a place near Me where you may stand on a rock.’
- There is a place, close to the heart of God, which is especially for you.
- The Lord wants to reveal something of His character to you.
- When He is near you can stand secure.
- When you know that He is with you, you do not need to fear or despair.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me. I choose to draw near to You so that I can know the closeness and joy of Your presence in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 15:13
‘May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!’
- Hope, joy and peace are the foundations as we trust for the future.
- Our trusting in the Lord needs to be accompanied by joy and peace.
- As we trust in the Lord we can, in fact, overflow with hope.
- May His Spirit come and touch your life and may you know His hope, joy and peace.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can place my trust in You. As I walk this road of trust, I pray that You will come and fill me with hope, joy and abundant peace. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 13:13
‘And now these threeremain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love.’
- Sometimes we can lose perspective about what really is important.
- Often the urgent things demand more of our attention than the important things.
- Our faith, our hope and our love need to remain the cornerstone of our lives.
- But our greatest purpose is to display and reflect His love to those around us!
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will fill me with faith, restore my hope and may my life be a channel for Your love to pass through and to touch the lives of others. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Timothy 1:14
‘Oh, how generous and gracious our Lord was! He filled me with the faith and love that come from Christ.’
- The Lord is a good, good Father, who wants to fill us with good things.
- Right now He is leaning towards you with favour.
- He is generous and gracious in His love towards you.
- Let Him fill you with the faith and love that can only come from Him!
Prayer: Lord, You truly are my loving Heavenly Father. Your kindness towards me overwhelms my heart. Fill me now, I pray, with Your faith and love so that I can operate in Your power and grace. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 20:27
Then HE said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here; see My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.’
- Doubt and unbelief rob us of so much of what the Lord has in store for us.
- The Lord wants us to be ‘faith-filled’ and not faithless.
- We should constantly be filled with hope and expectation in God.
- Let go of your doubts and fears and choose to have faith and believe.
Prayer: Lord, I choose faith over doubt, hope over despair and confident expectation over discouragement. I will doubt my doubts and I will believe in You and all You have promised and said. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 20:22
He breathed on them and said, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit.’
- Your Heavenly Father wants to come and breathe new life into you.
- When God created man He breathed the breath of life into him.
- When His Son came He also came to breathe new life into humanity.
- This life came in the form of His Holy Spirit, living and dwelling within.
Prayer: Lord, I receive the breath that You breathe over me today. I want all that You have prepared and destined for me to enjoy and experience. Let Your life flow through my life! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 10:15
‘…for the turn of events was from God…’
- We need to constantly remind ourselves that God always has the final say.
- Sometimes the turn of events may seem to be contrary to what we had hoped for.
- If things did not work out as we had planned, it does not mean God was not involved.
- We should trust that the hand of the Lord is in every ‘turn of events’.
Prayer: Lord, I recognize that You are far more involved in my life than I actually comprehend. You control the turn of events in my life and You promise to work all things out for my good. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 1:12
‘But as many as received Him, to them gave Hepower to become the children of God, even to them that believe on His name.’
- When we believe and place our trust in Him, things change.
- In the process, He gives us the right, privilege and power to be His children.
- If you have believed and received Him, then you are His child.
- Remember, your situation or circumstances does not change this wonderful fact.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I am Your child. I receive You and I believe in You afresh today. May the reality of my ‘sonship’ be a living reality in my heart and life! Amen.