Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 19:19
‘Now, O LORD our God, I pray, deliver us from his hand that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that You alone, O LORD, are God.’
- The Lord is your great and mighty deliverer.
- He is able to turn any situation and circumstance around.
- What may seem inevitable can be undone with one touch of His hand.
- He can send forth His word and change the outcome in an instant.
Prayer: Lord, You are my great and mighty deliverer. I pray that You will deliver me from the hands of those people and things that would like to see my life robbed and devoured. You alone, O Lord, are my God. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 19:14
‘Hezekiah received the letter from the messengers and read it. Then he went up to the temple of the LORD and spread it out before the LORD.’
- Hezekiah had just received a bad report concerning his future from his enemies.
- His enemies threatened to destroy him and his kingdom.
- The first thing he did when he got the news was to go into God’s presence.
- There he laid it all out before God, knowing that God always has the final say.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can trust You completely. Regardless of what people may say or what kind of report I receive, I choose to believe the report of the Lord. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 1:12
‘As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become sons of God.’
- We can choose to open our lives to God, or to close the door.
- When we open the door of our lives to Him, many blessings await us.
- When we close the door we miss out on all that He has prepared for us.
- As you receive Him, He will give you the power to become His child.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can receive You into my heart and life. What a joy it is to know that I can be Your child and that Your power and life can flow in me! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 18:7
‘The LORD was with him (Hezekiah); he was successful in whatever he undertook.’
- What a difference it makes in our lives when we know that God is with us.
- There can be no greater joy in life than to know that He is always with us.
- The reality of His presence in our lives changes the dynamic of our lives.
- The results can be wonderful, including the possibility of knowing success in every way.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with me. You are with me today and You will be with me each day that lies ahead of me. Thank You that I can trust You to help me and give me success, simply because You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 18:6
‘He (Hezekiah) held fast to the LORD and did not stop following Him; he kept the commands the LORD had given.’
- We should be one of those people who hold fast and cling to the Lord.
- Circumstances may make us feel like giving up, letting go or doing what is wrong.
- Let us preserve, throughout our entire lives, to hold onto God with all our strength.
- He will see us through and He will give us the strength that we need.
Prayer: Lord, I hold onto You. I choose to follow You and to remain faithful to You in all I do. May my life be a living testimony of believing and holding onto You, Your word and Your promises! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Song of Solomon 2:11
‘See! The winter is past!’
- The Lord determines the season in nature and also in our lives.
- Seasons are designed to change and we do not forever stay in one season.
- Winter comes to and end and spring dawns, and spring then gives way to summer.
- May the winter season of your life be over and may you enjoy the season that lies ahead.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for this beautiful day. Each day You give me is day of new mercies and new hope. Thank You too for the new season that lies ahead of me, may it be filled with your goodness and loving-kindness. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 18:5
‘Hezekiah trusted in the LORD. There was no one like him among all the kings, either before him or after him.’
- When we live a life of trusting God it makes us different.
- This man trusted God and it was said of Him that he was unlike any other person.
- True trust and dependence on the Lord sets us apart from those who just say so.
- Let us live a life of trust, standing still and seeing the salvation of God.
Prayer: Lord, I trust in You. I trust in You to be my defender, my deliverer, my healer and my provider. May I be an example to those around me of what it really means to trust You daily! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 18:20
‘Now on whom do you trust…?’
- This is a question that we need to settle in our own hearts.
- We should remind ourselves that our help comes from the Lord.
- Others should also see that we trust in something greater and divine.
- We don’t trust in money or resources, because God is our hope and confidence.
Prayer: Lord, I declare that my trust, hope and confidence in You! I will not depend on the ‘arm of the flesh’ for my expectation is in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 4:4
‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’
- All of humanity needs food (bread) to survive.
- But there are other needs in life that cannot be satisfied with physical things.
- There is a greater dimension than just our physical existence.
- There is an aspect of our daily lives that only God can provide for or supply.
Prayer: Lord, I recognize today that I need You in my life. I cannot just get by on physical bread alone, I need You and Your words of life to sustain and carry me. Amen.