Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 61:4
‘Let me dwell in Your tent forever! Let me take refuge under the shelter of Your wings!’
- What a joy to know that we can enjoy God’s presence in perpetuity.
- We can know His presence here and now and throughout all eternity.
- We can also take refuge under the shelter of His wings.
- No matter what the storms of life may bring, we have a refuge and a shelter in HIM.
Prayer: Lord, how I long for more of Your presence in my daily life. I choose to live under the shelter of Your wings where I know I will be safe and secure. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 23:6
‘Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.’
- God’s goodness and mercy are part of His plan for your life.
- His goodness and mercy will be part of your life for the length of your days.
- In the end we get to see Him face to face and spend eternity with Him.
- Expect His goodness and mercy to follow you today and every day.
Prayer: Lord, thank you for the wonderful promises that You have given me. I receive your goodness, mercy and unfailing love in my life today. May I know Your presence in my life today and forever. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Esther 4:14
‘…and who knows whether you are come to the kingdom for such a time as this?’
- The Lord has a specific plan and purpose for your life.
- You are here at this time and there is something significant about that.
- Who knows why you are facing what you are facing, but God, Who is in control.
- As we follow Him and follow His leading, He will use us.
Prayer: Lord, may my life have purpose and value in Your hands. I surrender myself to You and ask that You would cause my life to have purpose and meaning. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Nehemiah 8:10
‘…the joy of the LORD is your strength!’
- Ultimately our strength comes from the Lord Himself.
- A sad and heavy heart drags us down and exhausts us.
- A heart that is filled with joy gives us strength and energy.
- Let His joy come and flood your heart and soul right now.
Prayer: Lord, I don’t want to live in my own strength. I want to live in the strength that comes from You. Fill me with Your joy now as I trust and place my expectations in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 1:31
‘…the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son!’
- The Lord your God is the One who will carry and sustain you.
- He is the One who comes and lifts us up.
- The Lord wants to carry you safely and securely, just as a father protects his child.
- You are His child so let Him lift you up into His arms of love and care.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will come now, by Your Spirit, and lift me up and carry me along the path you have prepared for me. I trust You, my Heavenly Father, to be my sustainer! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Nehemiah 4:14
‘Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome!’
- In the course of life we get so much advice that it can be confusing.
- But the best advice we could get is to ‘remember the Lord’.
- We need to remind ourselves that the Lord is always with us no matter what.
- Remember the Lord today and remind yourself that He has the final say!
Prayer: Lord, I choose to lift up my eyes today and to focus on You. I will remember that You are with me and You are able to calm my storms and help me with what I am facing. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Nehemiah 2:20
‘The God of heaven will give us success; therefore we His servants will arise and build.’
- We should have confidence in the Lord our God.
- The result is that we should be ready to step out and do what needs to be done.
- You can expect help from heaven as you trust and follow the Lord.
- Do not be intimidated but step forward with confidence and courage.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You, the God of heaven, will give me success. Move on my behalf I pray and I will endeavour to obey and do what You tell me to do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Nehemiah 2:4
‘So I prayed to the God of heaven.’
- What a joy to know that we can turn to the Lord and pray at any time.
- We can call on Him when we don’t know which way to turn.
- We can cry out to Him when circumstances seem to overwhelm us.
- He is just a prayer away and we should instinctively turn to Him in prayer.
Prayer: Lord, may I be like Nehemiah who instinctively turned to You in prayer when He was not sure which way to go. You are my faithful guide and my Good Shepherd, so I choose to look to You for the help I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ezra 7:28
‘I took courage (I was strengthened), for the hand of the LORD my God was on me.’
- When we know that the Lord is with us, we can be strong and courageous.
- The same hands that hold the whole world can rest on you and me.
- His hand is there to hold you, to guide you and to empower you.
- Take courage, be strengthened from within, for the Lord Himself is with you!
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I am safe and secure in Your hands and no one can pluck me out of Your hands. May Your hand rest upon me and may my walk be strengthened with this knowledge. Amen.