Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 1:11
The captain said to him, ‘Man of God…’
- Oh that people would say this about you and me.
- Can people look at you and call you a man or a woman of God?
- We should live our lives in such a way that we reflect His light.
- Walk in faith and in the confident assurance of who you are in God.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that as people look at my life, that they will see that I am walking in Your ways and endeavoring to please You in all I say and do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 John 2:17
‘The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.’
- In life we deal with the temporary and the eternal.
- The temporary things are of little value and the eternal things are what really matter.
- When our priority is to do what God wants us to do, we are busy with eternal things.
- Don’t waste time on things that will pass away, let’s do the will of God.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to obey and follow You. Help me not to be distracted and consumed by things and issues that have little or no eternal value, and may my life be lived in such a way that it is pleasing to You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 4:12
‘When you walk, your steps will not be impeded; and if you run, you will not stumble.’
- The Lord wants you to be able to make progress and not stumble.
- Often we are so afraid of falling that we don’t try to walk for fear of falling.
- Don’t allow your fears to hinder and limit you doing what you can do.
- Step forward with confidence, knowing that He will direct and steady you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that today You are removing the hurdles and the pitfalls ahead of me. I recognize that You will direct my steps and protect me from making mistakes. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Kings 19:5
‘All at once an angel touched him…’
- The Lord wants to come and intersect our lives with the supernatural.
- In all likelihood angels often come and touch our lives when we face difficulty.
- The Bible tells us that the angel of the Lord camps around us.
- Let’s live with expectation that the Lord will come and touch our lives in wonderful ways.
Prayer: Lord, I invite You to come and touch my life. I long for a touch from heaven on my life and in my circumstances. May this become a reality in my daily walk with You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Kings 17:14
This is what the LORD says: 'The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until the day the LORD sends rain on the land.'
- The Lord can provide in wonderful ways even during the difficult seasons of life.
- You may be facing many challenges, but in all that, He is able to provide.
- He can do miracles in front of your very eyes and multiply the little you have.
- Give Him what you have in your hands and He will surely multiply it.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are interested in every detail of my life. I place my life and those things I have in my hands into Your hands. You are the miracle-working God and You will do wonderful things for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Kings 15:11
‘Asa did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, as his father David had done.’
- We should always endeavor to do what is right in the eyes of the Lord.
- When the Lord speaks we must believe and act on it.
- Don’t be distracted by what others do or may tell you to do.
- As we obey God, we set an example for those around us to follow.
Prayer: Lord, may I be one of those people who pleases You and does what is right in Your sight. May my life be an example of obedience and of purposefully doing what You tell me to do! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 5:15
‘You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.’
- You and I are designed and called to be the light in a dark world.
- We reflect His light into our sphere of influence by the way we live our lives.
- How we live and act is important because people are watching us.
- Let us shine our light in such a way that it brings hope and strength to others.
Prayer: Lord, thank You that I can spread Your light and hope to a world that needs it. May my life and the actions that I take always bring You the glory and praise You deserve! Amen.