Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 2:6
‘So then, just as you received Christ as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him!’
- Our faith involves an ongoing relationship with our Lord and Saviour.
- The Lord wants us to live our lives in Him.
- He wants us to continue living a lifestyle that honours Him.
- He wants us to live lives of dependence, trust and in vital union with Him.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the wonderful relationship You offer me. I don’t want to live like a ‘lone ranger’ or a ‘loner’, but I want to live, walk and enjoy my life in vital union with You! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 6:16
This is what the LORD says: ‘Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.’
- We often reach the point where we are at a crossroad in our lives.
- These ‘crossroad’ moments are critical times when we need God’s guidance.
- In times of decision, He does not abandon us, but He steps up to help us.
- We must just pause, ask, wait and obey and He will direct us and give us rest.
Prayer: Lord, as I stand at this point in my life, I choose to seek Your help, leading and guidance, so that I can discover the rest You have for my soul. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 6:27
‘Teach them the good way in which they should walk.’
- Do you realize that the Lord has a ‘good way’ for you to walk in?
- It does not mean that everything will always go smoothly.
- But it does mean that He knows where He is taking us.
- Our hearts should be ready to learn from the path He takes us along.
Prayer: Lord, I realize that You know what is best for me. I choose to be taught by You as You lead and guide me to the places that You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 84:5
‘Blessed are those who find strength in You. Their hearts are on the road [that leads to You].’
- God is the strength of all those who trust in Him.
- As you trust in Him, He becomes your strength.
- When He strengthens us, we know what it means to be blessed.
- Let us follow the road that leads us to Him, our refuge and our strength.
Prayer: Lord, I choose to place my faith, hope and confidence in You today. May I find the strength I need in You alone and may I follow You, because You are my Lord and Saviour. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 5:13
The singers raised their voices in praise to the LORD and sang: ‘He is good; His love endures forever.’ Then the temple of the LORD was filled with the cloud!
- When we begin to praise and worship God, everything changes.
- As they raised their voices the temple was filled with a cloud.
- As we praise God, His very presence wants to come and invade our lives.
- Your body is a temple for His Spirit, let Him come and fill you from within.
Prayer: Lord, I lift my voice to you today and I praise Your holy name. You are good and Your love endures forever. Come and fill my heart and life with the cloud of Your presence today. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Chronicles 29:13
‘Now therefore, our God, we thank You, and praise Your glorious name.’
- When last did you stop and thank the Lord for all He has done for you?
- When last did you express your gratitude and thankfulness to Him?
- Now is a good time to pause and thank Him for His great faithfulness.
- Thankfulness and praise should be our lifestyle of choice.
Prayer: Lord, right now and want to take a moment and thank You for Your great kindness, faithfulness and love towards me. I will praise You as long as I live. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Chronicles 29:12b
‘In Your hand is power and might; and it lies in Your hand to make great and to strengthen everyone.’
- The hand of God is mighty to save and strong to deliver.
- Look to the Lord and His power and might to address your situation.
- By His hand and His decision He can lift you up and make you great.
- By His Spirit He can come and strengthen and empower you.
Prayer: Lord, move in my life I pray. Lift me up and strengthen and deliver me by Your power and might. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Chronicles 29:12a
‘Both riches and honour come from You, and You rule over all!’
- Every good and perfect gift comes down from our Heavenly Father.
- The Lord wants to bless you with His riches and His honour.
- He rules over all things and works things out for our good.
- Expect the best and believe that He is able to do more than you could imagine
Prayer: Lord, I recognize that everything comes from Your hand. You know what I need and what is in my best interests and so I choose to trust You and live with hope and expectation. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 49:10
‘They will neither hunger nor thirst, nor will the desert heat or the sun beat down on them. He (the Lord) who has compassion on them will guide them and lead them beside springs of water.’
- The Lord is with you today to lead and guide you.
- There may be seasons of difficulty and challenge.
- But the Lord will cause those seasons to change and bring a better season.
- He has a place beside springs of water reserved just for you!
Prayer: Lord, lead me and guide me I pray, through the storms and troubles of life, and bring me to the spacious place that You have prepared for me, beside Your springs of water. Amen.